• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

JVR joins Team Concussion

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may be another one of those precautionary diagnosis' or at least I'm hoping it is.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering he has been playing with it for the last two games it just makes me wonder what the training staff has been doing? Or are they just told to ignore head injuries unless they are so obvious they can't be ignored.

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why does everyone always theink the Flyers training staff is so ignorant. You need a player to help out a little when diagnosing. I have a hard time believing the FLyers would push for JVR to keep playing despite obvious head issues. It's not like he is playing so well they can't afford to take him out of the lineup.
I don't like the way the Flyers routinely lie to the fans about what an injury is. BUt I don't think the trainers/doctors are misdiagnosing it. I happen to know a few of the doctors secondarily. They are very good doctors, are not paid by the team, and are all very experienced. THe FLyers concussion guy is a Penn doctor. He isn't an idiot.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have had a few concussions and they've run the gambit from knowing right away I was fucked up to going a week or so before feeling anything was wrong. Concussions are hard to diagnose, like I said I just hope this is more precautionary then him having a mild to severe concussion.

Did the hit Butler threw even get looked at by the NHL, I didn't hear anything but he clearly threw his elbow out at the end of the hit and it looked like he was trying to pick the head.

JVR breaks a hip - YouTube

That features the wonderful Ottawa commentators(i think) who call it a dive, and are more concerned with the too many men on the ice penalty instead of the injured player. It does show the hit though. Did anyone hear anything about this after the fact?

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have had a few concussions and they've run the gambit from knowing right away I was fucked up to going a week or so before feeling anything was wrong. Concussions are hard to diagnose, like I said I just hope this is more precautionary then him having a mild to severe concussion.

Did the hit Butler threw even get looked at by the NHL, I didn't hear anything but he clearly threw his elbow out at the end of the hit and it looked like he was trying to pick the head.

JVR breaks a hip - YouTube

That features the wonderful Ottawa commentators(i think) who call it a dive, and are more concerned with the too many men on the ice penalty instead of the injured player. It does show the hit though. Did anyone hear anything about this after the fact?

Jesus Christ, I thought our commentators were homers.

I didn't hear anything because I didn't know anything. Never looked to far into it since I only caught bits and pieces of this game. Surprised to not hear anything from the NHL, and now that a concussion is diagnosed maybe they will at least issue a statement or look into it. Might be a tad too late though. Certainly defines what the league is trying to get rid of.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus Christ, I thought our commentators were homers.

I didn't hear anything because I didn't know anything. Never looked to far into it since I only caught bits and pieces of this game. Surprised to not hear anything from the NHL, and now that a concussion is diagnosed maybe they will at least issue a statement or look into it. Might be a tad too late though. Certainly defines what the league is trying to get rid of.

That is my point this is the exact hit the NHL doesn't want to see anymore. No granted JVR went down like a sack of potatoes, but if anyone has ever goth knocked out or hell even their bell rung you know the first thing that goes is your balance(even if just momentarily).

This is a much bigger problem then just that hit though. Staios also threw his elbow up at the last second when he hit Talbot the other night. There was absolutely no way that Talbot could have seen or anticipated the hit coming either, which make him a defenseless target.

Shanny and the rest of the NHL disciplinary staff really need to get their shit together and then they ned to sit the refs down and give them the guidelines. If at that point the refs do not make calls on these types of dangerous hit then they as officials need to be fined along with the players. The fines/suspensions are the only way that these dangerous and potential career ending hits are eliminated from the game.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does everyone always theink the Flyers training staff is so ignorant. You need a player to help out a little when diagnosing. I have a hard time believing the FLyers would push for JVR to keep playing despite obvious head issues. It's not like he is playing so well they can't afford to take him out of the lineup.
I don't like the way the Flyers routinely lie to the fans about what an injury is. BUt I don't think the trainers/doctors are misdiagnosing it. I happen to know a few of the doctors secondarily. They are very good doctors, are not paid by the team, and are all very experienced. THe FLyers concussion guy is a Penn doctor. He isn't an idiot.

Great post.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great post.

I'll second that! You guys are also right that the NHl can't just pick and choose which elbows to the head are okay....should be zero tolerance.