• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Justin Upton rejecting our trade was a blessing in disguise!

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the articles that I've read the trade would have included Nick Franklin, Stephen Pryor and one of the 3 arms (Walker, Hultzen, Paxton) as well as Furbush.

Wow...Nick Franklin!

I know for damn sure in the beginning of the year none of us would have hesitated to throw in Nick Franklin to get Upton...but with how Franklin has developed now...whew thank god Upton rejected our trade

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the articles that I've read the trade would have included Nick Franklin, Stephen Pryor and one of the 3 arms (Walker, Hultzen, Paxton) as well as Furbush.

Wow...Nick Franklin!

I know for damn sure in the beginning of the year none of us would have hesitated to throw in Nick Franklin to get Upton...but with how Franklin has developed now...whew thank god Upton rejected our trade

I didn't like the trade when it happened and I dislike it even more today. Franklin has been great and Upton is not a superstar. Above average yes, superstar no.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back on CBS I was adamantly against trading for Justin Upton mostly because I felt like he would not be nearly as good of a hitter away from Arizona due to his home/away splits.

Happy we didn't trade for him.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was so happy when the trade didnt go through i was very dissapointed with Jack Z for doing that, its almost a bill bavasi part 2 when we traded adam jones to baltimore. Giving up the organizations #1 prospects (among a few others) for a player that doesnt want to play here. I wouldnt mind giving that up for giancarlo stanton but not justin upton i dont look at him as a player that can change the culture of a team and lead us into winning seasons

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also he isnt even having that great of a season kyle seager is having a better season at the plate

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well thank god Jack Z doesn't read message boards to develop his teams.....
The kid is on fire right now, plus its kinda cool again to have a 2nd baseman smacking home runs in this town again...

Thisnamewasntaken

Formerly from ESPN
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You only give that package up for Stanton. I was puzzled when I saw it. You wanna throw in a top arm? Sure go for it but Franklin too? No. I was happy as hell that the trade didn't go thru either. Actually we dodged a few bullets... Upton, Hamilton & Swisher.