• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Justin smith fined 15 grand for hit on Colt McColy

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
NFL fines Justin Smith $15,000 for hit on Colt McCoy | ProFootballTalk

San Francisco 49ers defensive end Justin Smith picked up a costly roughing the passer penalty on Sunday.

Smith was fined $15,000 for hitting Cleveland Browns quarterback Colt McCoy in the head and neck area, CSNBayArea.com reports.

Smith was one of two 49ers players who got personal foul penalties Sunday against the Browns. The other one, safety Dashon Goldson, was not fined for his hit on Browns receiver Greg Little.

Goldson is an advocate for making personal foul penalties reviewable.

“Was it a clean hit or a dirty hit? If it was clean, we shouldn’t get penalized for that during the game because I didn’t get penalized for it with a fine,” Goldson said. “I think it would be a good idea to have them replay it when they throw the flag.”

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
NFL fines Justin Smith $15,000 for hit on Colt McCoy | ProFootballTalk

San Francisco 49ers defensive end Justin Smith picked up a costly roughing the passer penalty on Sunday.

Smith was fined $15,000 for hitting Cleveland Browns quarterback Colt McCoy in the head and neck area, CSNBayArea.com reports.

Smith was one of two 49ers players who got personal foul penalties Sunday against the Browns. The other one, safety Dashon Goldson, was not fined for his hit on Browns receiver Greg Little.

Goldson is an advocate for making personal foul penalties reviewable.

“Was it a clean hit or a dirty hit? If it was clean, we shouldn’t get penalized for that during the game because I didn’t get penalized for it with a fine,” Goldson said. “I think it would be a good idea to have them replay it when they throw the flag.”

I am not a fan of Goldson at all but his hit was a clean one. I don't even recall the Smith penalty so it couldn't have been too egregious.

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If i remember correctly it happen in the 4th quarter on the drive were the browns scored a touchdown

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember the Smith hit. It was one of those that's a foul by the letter of the rule but it wasn't really a malicious hit, IMHO.