• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Justin Houston On Trade Block

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys... guys... GUYS!!! He’s gonna end up with the Eagles!!

H O W I E !

‘Nuff said

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
I could see Dallas being interested for the right price. Not sure we have the resources to bring him in. Could do so and let Tank walk though.
Dallas is interested??
I didn't know Justin had a substance problem

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whats is the 5th & 6th year of the contract cost?

Reason I ask is if those 2 years are like balloon payments & teams knows he is gonna be gone anyways. Why trade for him? Just wait for his release.

Now if the 5th & 6th year are cheap(er) years, then absolutely trade for him.

If released...Probably won't clear waivers. I can see OAK maybe, but the Jets have the cap space. A mid round pick...they should have multiple suitors.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His new team would be paying him $15.25 this year and $17m next year.

I am not sure anyone is going to be willing to pay him that any more....let alone give up much draft capital for the right to do so.

Seems more like a upcoming cut than a realistic trade possibility. On the open market he probably doesn't earn that type of $$$'s over 2 years (he would likely get a pretty fake 4 year deal that would pay him a little under $30 in the first 2 years).

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with that contract, no one is gonna bite. and apparently very little interest

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor now is that the Chiefs also want to get rid of Dee Ford ....

Which begs the question, why haven't they already released Eric Berry? He's an even worse problem than the other two

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which begs the question, why haven't they already released Eric Berry? He's an even worse problem than the other two
I think they'd only save $1.5 million if they cut him this year. At that point, you take the 2-8 games Berry will probably play next year and pay him the $1.5 mil.

Chiefs defense is in 'fiasco' territory. Of the 6 best players on the defense, two are gone. One will get the Franchise Tag and then released a year later. One is eternally hurt and gone in 2020. The LB they brought in last year on a big contract was one of the worst starters in football.

The only saving grace is that this is supposed to be a decent draft defensively but that might not matter for next season if they're playing a bunch of rookies and 2nd year players.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor now is that the Chiefs also want to get rid of Dee Ford ....

Because they are waiting on Landon Collins, if rumors are to be believed

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they'd only save $1.5 million if they cut him this year. At that point, you take the 2-8 games Berry will probably play next year and pay him the $1.5 mil.

Chiefs defense is in 'fiasco' territory. Of the 6 best players on the defense, two are gone. One will get the Franchise Tag and then released a year later. One is eternally hurt and gone in 2020. The LB they brought in last year on a big contract was one of the worst starters in football.

The only saving grace is that this is supposed to be a decent draft defensively but that might not matter for next season if they're playing a bunch of rookies and 2nd year players.
That's only true if he doesn't pass the physical. Which was kind of assumed with surgery being a possibility, but with surgery off the table, it's closer to 9M, IIRC; which makes it a more legitimate point of conversation since we aren't talking about like a net of 750K for a roster spot to random JAG anymore to cut Berry.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What concerns me is they might be reacting to the idea you can just manufacture pressure and just load up on the secondary, to the point they neglect the passrush. Not convinced Spags is some passrush savant.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personal conspiracy: Chiefs liquidate Berry, Houston, and Ford, sign Trey Flowers and Landon Collins.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tre Flowers is a lock for the Dolphins.

No one is going to pick up a $20M salary cap hit if the Cheifs are going to dump him anyway.

Patience is a virtue and cheaper in the NFL.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's only true if he doesn't pass the physical. Which was kind of assumed with surgery being a possibility, but with surgery off the table, it's closer to 9M, IIRC; which makes it a more legitimate point of conversation since we aren't talking about like a net of 750K for a roster spot to random JAG anymore to cut Berry.
Ah ok. 9Mil is enough to cut.

What concerns me is they might be reacting to the idea you can just manufacture pressure and just load up on the secondary, to the point they neglect the passrush. Not convinced Spags is some passrush savant.
That doesn't sound like Andy Reid at all. I think historically he has always put an emphasis on pass rush.

Spags being a pass rush savant is about as likely as Flacco being a franchise QB at this point.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
, you take the 2-8 games Berry will probably play next year and pay him the $1.5 mil.

last i heard, Berry had no intentions of getting the surgery and I haven't heard anyone indicating the Chiefs will force him to do so.... i'm not sure how much he would even play in 2019. Screw the money at this point. The guy is nothing but a distraction for the team at this point in his life. They need to move on