• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Justin Fields granted waiver

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So why isn’t it free admission to these games that hold 100,000 fans? Since they aren’t looking to make any money off the kids?

And when they sell jersey’s — why do they put a number on it? Since fans don’t care who is wearing the jersey.

You’d think schools would save millions of dollars they spend on recruiting, since it doesn’t matter who is wearing the jersey.

I’m sure Bama will be removing Saban next year to save themselves 10 million a year, as the coach doesn’t matter because fans are coming to watch a brand so the quality of the product is irrelevant.
Ohio State now only sells the #1 and #19 (year that we're in) for jerseys in response to players getting pissed about their jerseys being sold. Stupid.

Reactions: gob

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State now only sells the #1 and #19 (year that we're in) for jerseys in response to players getting pissed about their jerseys being sold. Stupid.

If you ask 420 — OSU is selling the same amounts of jerseys. Because fans aren’t buying jerseys because of the players — they are buying the brand, so the number and who wears it is irrelevant.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you ask 420 — OSU is selling the same amounts of jerseys. Because fans aren’t buying jerseys because of the players — they are buying the brand, so the number and who wears it is irrelevant.
Oddly enough, #1 is a huge mover because of Justin Fields and Jeff Okudah, but people are not lining up to wear 19. Dallas Gant has not quite made his mark.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's easy to say that as a dude on a laptop, but it's hard to saw how being called the "n" word is going to affect him. The whole thing about his sister make no sense, they're two separate people. I'm sure the depth chart was the driving factor here, but I think offensive fit makes a difference too. He'll maximize his potential with OSU moreso than in a strictly pro style offense at UGA. Given how lenient the NCAA has been in recent years with handing out waivers, it would've been a really bad look for them to deny his.
Come on now. If he was chosen to be the starting QB would he leave because of that incident? Did he know the offense at Georgia when he committed to go there? Is the offense the way it is there now because that's what suits Fromms skill set?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on now. If he was chosen to be the starting QB would he leave because of that incident? Did he know the offense at Georgia when he committed to go there? Is the offense the way it is there now because that's what suits Fromms skill set?
Hard to say. I've already said the depth chart was a likely driver here, but the scheme fit has never made sense to me. It makes me wonder what UGA did to get his commitment in the first place. They haven't had a true DT QB since DJ Shockley, and that was 13 years ago. I think he probably realized he wasn't going to see his potential there, and a transfer was likely even without the racial incident, but again, it's hard to say for sure what the impact was from that. Georgia isn't exactly known for being a progressive state to begin with.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say. I've already said the depth chart was a likely driver here, but the scheme fit has never made sense to me. It makes me wonder what UGA did to get his commitment in the first place. They haven't had a true DT QB since DJ Shockley, and that was 13 years ago. I think he probably realized he wasn't going to see his potential there, and a transfer was likely even without the racial incident, but again, it's hard to say for sure what the impact was from that. Georgia isn't exactly known for being a progressive state to begin with.

I could see him committing because it was the flagship school in his home state that was just in the NC game. Beyond that I have no idea why he would have committed to UGA knowing what kind of offensive system smart runs.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see him committing because it was the flagship school in his home state that was just in the NC game. Beyond that I have no idea why he would have committed to UGA knowing what kind of offensive system smart runs.
I understand that aspect of it, sure. I guess I was just surprised because he didn't seem to have a major affinity for them at first or didn't seem to care that much about playing at home, considering his initial commitment to Penn State. The scheme fit made no sense though, which is why I'm wondering how they convinced him to commit to them in the end.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that aspect of it, sure. I guess I was just surprised because he didn't seem to have a major affinity for them at first or didn't seem to care that much about playing at home, considering his initial commitment to Penn State. The scheme fit made no sense though, which is why I'm wondering how they convinced him to commit to them in the end.

Ohh I’m sure there may have been some other incentives to get him to commit too. Not that others don’t do that ethier.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So why isn’t it free admission to these games that hold 100,000 fans? Since they aren’t looking to make any money off the kids?

So in your world, anyone who participates in an event that costs money means someone is making money off those people? Sorry, I do not subscribe to such ignorant liberal thinking. It's like saying the guy who runs the popcorn machines is the reason people are coming. No, they came for the event, he's just the guy who's providing a service in it.

And when they sell jersey’s — why do they put a number on it? Since fans don’t care who is wearing the jersey.

So you seem to have a big time crush on Clemson's QB Lawerence. Tell me, how many jerseys of his do you own? They #1 buy the Jersey with their schools name on it, they #2 pick a player among those and buy that Jersey. But guess what - they were buying a Jersey and decided to buy a Jersey before they EVER decided what number to put on it.

Btw individual jersey sales don't even make enough to cover the costs of the athlete. I love it when people bring them up, it just immediately tells me said person hasn't a fucking clue what they are talking about.

You’d think schools would save millions of dollars they spend on recruiting, since it doesn’t matter who is wearing the jersey.

I’m sure Bama will be removing Saban next year to save themselves 10 million a year, as the coach doesn’t matter because fans are coming to watch a brand so the quality of the product is irrelevant.

And here you ignore that talent is relative.

If you remove the top1000 college football players then guess what dipshit? The guy who is currently ranked #1001 becomes the #1 recruit. And if you remove the top2000 college football players, the #2001 recruit becomes the #1 recruit in the nation. Funny how that works.

And then among those, well the teams are going to pick among them, the same fucking way they do now. Saban and Alabama are still going to be on the top, they are still going to make all that same money, and so on. Because at the end of the day it's all relevant and the real draw is and always will be the team/school itself.

Maybe your pansy liberal ass can't deal with that reality, but that is the reality. Deal with it.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in your world, anyone who participates in an event that costs money means someone is making money off those people? Sorry, I do not subscribe to such ignorant liberal thinking. It's like saying the guy who runs the popcorn machines is the reason people are coming. No, they came for the event, he's just the guy who's providing a service in it.

So you seem to have a big time crush on Clemson's QB Lawerence. Tell me, how many jerseys of his do you own? They #1 buy the Jersey with their schools name on it, they #2 pick a player among those and buy that Jersey. But guess what - they were buying a Jersey and decided to buy a Jersey before they EVER decided what number to put on it.

Btw individual jersey sales don't even make enough to cover the costs of the athlete. I love it when people bring them up, it just immediately tells me said person hasn't a fucking clue what they are talking about.

If you remove the top1000 college football players then guess what dipshit? The guy who is currently ranked #1001 becomes the #1 recruit. And if you remove the top2000 college football players, the #2001 recruit becomes the #1 recruit in the nation. Funny how that works.

And then among those, well the teams are going to pick among them, the same fucking way they do now. Saban and Alabama are still going to be on the top, they are still going to make all that same money, and so on. Because at the end of the day it's all relevant and the real draw is and always will be the team/school itself.

Maybe your pansy liberal ass can't deal with that reality, but that is the reality. Deal with it.

When they can have a football team without players then they will be making money from only "the brand". Alabama isn't being asked every year to play in the opening weekend bowl game in Atlanta or Arlington simply because they are Alabama. They are being asked because they have gotten good players and been a top team because of these players. Replace them with Tulsa players and in a year the invitation and the money from that game stops. But it's not the players. lol

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When they can have a football team without players then they will be making money from only "the brand". Alabama isn't being asked every year to play in the opening weekend bowl game in Atlanta or Arlington simply because they are Alabama. They are being asked because they have gotten good players and been a top team because of these players. Replace them with Tulsa players and in a year the invitation and the money from that game stops. But it's not the players. lol

There is really nothing I can say to people who just don't understand that talent is relative. You just don't get it, and that's all there is to it. Take Tulsa's best player. Send everyone above him to another league that will pay them the millions you all claim they deserve and are worth. Now put them on Alabama, and nothing changes because they are the new "best" players in college football and nothing changes.

At any rate - Alabama gets the players it does because of what it offers to them. Turns out, it's a pretty sweet deal.

If those players are worth so much money - where are all the leagues out there offering all this cash? Why do they not exist? Why does the NFL only want the top 1% of all college football players, and only AFTER they've been developed until they are 21?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are you serious? Do you think people buy tickets to football games so they can look at the Alabama’s campus? They buy tickets to watch the players.
Alabama spends millions recruiting because..........the better the players you bring in are, the better the team is, the more money they make, the more apparel they sell, the better bowl game they get, the more money they receive for it, the more money they’ll receive in a shoe contract, etc.

You can attempt to bring political party affiliation into this, but it has absolutely nothing to do it. And I’m not part of any of them — I vote for who I feel is the best option regardless of party. I voted for Obama. I voted for Trump. So save your breathe with the Liberal talk.

And FYI — if you removed the top 2,000 players — you’d be watching what amounts to a high school game. If you think the shoe companies are going to shell out the cash they do now when none of the players have a shot to get to the NFL, you are joking. If you think teams are going to sell out 100,000 seat stadiums to watch mediocre football — you are kidding yourself. If you think major RV stations are going to pay billions to air football games without the top 2,000 players each year — I can’t help you.

Remove the elite talent — you are left with what amounts to Division 3 games. How many D3 games have you watched on TV?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remove the elite talent — you are left with what amounts to Division 3 games. How many D3 games have you watched on TV?

Then why does anyone watch college football when you have the NFL, CFL and soon to be XFL again?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is really nothing I can say to people who just don't understand that talent is relative. You just don't get it, and that's all there is to it. Take Tulsa's best player. Send everyone above him to another league that will pay them the millions you all claim they deserve and are worth. Now put them on Alabama, and nothing changes because they are the new "best" players in college football and nothing changes.

At any rate - Alabama gets the players it does because of what it offers to them. Turns out, it's a pretty sweet deal.

If those players are worth so much money - where are all the leagues out there offering all this cash? Why do they not exist? Why does the NFL only want the top 1% of all college football players, and only AFTER they've been developed until they are 21?

You're assuming no one knows what a good football player and what a good team looks like.
Why do the pros only want the top 1 percent? because there only 32 teams with 53 players on the roster . Any more stupid questions?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're assuming no one knows what a good football player and what a good team looks like.
Why do the pros only want the top 1 percent? because there only 32 teams with 53 players on the roster . Any more stupid questions?

So the ones beyond that 1% are worth how much?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
\
So the ones beyond that 1% are worth how much?

You take all the players from all the power schools . They all are the talent that makes college football. Without them you would have to wait a few years till the better high school players start filling the rosters. Try and fill them with players who couldn't make it to big boy college football and you don't have the money going around like it is even if you put them in Alabama uniforms. That's just common sense. But apparently you're lacking that.
Why does boxing suck right now? because there's no more Hitman Hearns, Sugar Ray Leonard, Roberto Durans all fighting each other anymore.
College football would be the euro basketball .

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why does anyone watch college football when you have the NFL, CFL and soon to be XFL again?

Because you get to see the elite talent before they get to the NFL.

Using your logic — Alabama and every university in CFB can fire all their head coaches and football staffs they are paying millions upon millions of dollars on, stop recruiting altogether and just put up a flier on campus for open tryouts for each team.

It doesn’t matter who the players are — fans are coming to see the Alabama brand and not the players.

Schools can stop building state of the art facilities, because the fans don’t care who is on the team. Schools can fire their recruiting analysts, nutritionist, strength and conditioning coaches, the entire football staff — just imagine how much money you can save Alabama alone.

Hell — you can go to Alabama and tryout for them. I have faith in you!! No one cares about the product on the field — as you said, people are buying the brand, not the players.

I think this argument may have topped your 50/50 ball argument and that is tough to do. But you keep fighting the good battle — you have been nothing short of comedic gold since Bama was curb stomped by Clemson. It is too bad Bama has the most talented team every year, because I’d pay to watch you lose your mind like this each year:lol:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
\

You take all the players from all the power schools . They all are the talent that makes college football. Without them you would have to wait a few years till the better high school players start filling the rosters. Try and fill them with players who couldn't make it to big boy college football and you don't have the money going around like it is even if you put them in Alabama uniforms. That's just common sense. But apparently you're lacking that.
Why does boxing suck right now? because there's no more Hitman Hearns, Sugar Ray Leonard, Roberto Durans all fighting each other anymore.
College football would be the euro basketball .

:lol: "Big boy college football" is relative to other top teams. For some reason, you want to pretend only Alabama would be the one losing players.

And boxing has always sucked, there just weren't any other options. Now you have MMA and lots of other sports.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because you get to see the elite talent before they get to the NFL.

Using your logic — Alabama and every university in CFB can fire all their head coaches and football staffs they are paying millions upon millions of dollars on, stop recruiting altogether and just put up a flier on campus for open tryouts for each team.

It doesn’t matter who the players are — fans are coming to see the Alabama brand and not the players.

Schools can stop building state of the art facilities, because the fans don’t care who is on the team. Schools can fire their recruiting analysts, nutritionist, strength and conditioning coaches, the entire football staff — just imagine how much money you can save Alabama alone.

Hell — you can go to Alabama and tryout for them. I have faith in you!! No one cares about the product on the field — as you said, people are buying the brand, not the players.

I think this argument may have topped your 50/50 ball argument and that is tough to do. But you keep fighting the good battle — you have been nothing short of comedic gold since Bama was curb stomped by Clemson. It is too bad Bama has the most talented team every year, because I’d pay to watch you lose your mind like this each year:lol:

You are trying to claim that the reason people watch college football is because they want to watch future NFL players?

I'm not even going to waste my time with such bullshit.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are probably the type of people who go into a company like GM or Ford that's been around for 100 years or so. You get a job as the guy who puts the tires on the cars before they go out the door.

You work there for a year or so, then you start looking at all these billions of dollars in revenue the company is making, and you say - well this company is making all this money off me/us! I must be worth way more money! And you start to claim the company is ripping you off, you should get paid more, blah blah blah.

Then you get fired and they replace your ass with someone else who does the job for the next year. Kind of like how college football "throws away" players you guys think are worth millions of dollars every year and replace them with some guy fresh out of highschool - who then suddenly has a lot of worth, while the guy who graduated is suddenly worth nothing. Strange.

And then for some reason, nobody wants to pay you all these millions you thought you were worth, unless you were among the top 1%.

Because you're a dumbass who doesn't realize the hard work thousands of people before you put into building all that crap you came on the end of. You thought you did all that, you thought that was all because of you, and in the end you were replaceable and got what you were worth.

But sure man, it's these players that are the reason these schools bring in the money, not the schools that have been at this longer than any of that have been alive, put there by literally millions of people over the years.

Fuck dumbasses. Get some business sense please.