• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Justin Fields/BUST

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This punk isn't fit to carry a clipboard for Andy! Hate to say I told you so.

An absurd stat went viral about Bears quarterback Justin Fields on Tuesday. Fields somehow has fewer completions through the first four weeks of the NFL season (34) than Los Angeles Rams wide receiver Cooper Kupp has receptions (42),

The 23-year-old Fields still has yet to top 175 yards passing in a single game in 2022. He also has just two passing TDs (with four interceptions) and is the proud owner of an abominable 50.7 completion percentage (dead last among NFL starting quarterbacks by four full percentage points).

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fields "this is easy"

What a dumbass

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said in the QB-centric thread, it's not all him

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feel bad for this kid.

He seems like a top notch person. Extremely talented as well. Deserved better than being drafted by the Bears.

Can’t help but think what could’ve been, if the Browns had traded Baker a summer earlier, moved up and moved forward with Fields.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beware of drafting OSU QB's.

Yep. Ohio State does a poor job of getting their QB's ready for the NFL. Their offense is just too simple. And then their superior talent to the teams they play most the season against (especially at the WR position) make the QB's look better than they really are to boot.

They have evolved under Stroud a little. I dont think he is a lock 1st prospect off the board QB in the mold of Burrows, Luck, Lawrence were when they came out. But he is a damn good prospect that should be gone easily in the top 5 picks. And he has a better chance at success at the next level than the previous OSU QB's did.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well in defense of Fields the Bears have done nothing to help him. They have one of the worst OLs in the league, hardly any receiving talent whatsoever.

And what do the Bears do in last years draft? Take a CB and S with their first two picks lol. And when they finally take a WR in the 3rd frame, what's he doing? Returning kicks/punts and not even seeing the field with the offense.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not understand the Fields hype coming out of college. I saw him in person numerous times and was never impressed.

Plus, Ohio State QB's have had little success in the NFL.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well in defense of Fields the Bears have done nothing to help him. They have one of the worst OLs in the league, hardly any receiving talent whatsoever.

And what do the Bears do in last years draft? Take a CB and S with their first two picks lol. And when they finally take a WR in the 3rd frame, what's he doing? Returning kicks/punts and not even seeing the field with the offense.

It is so true.

Fields was a desperation pick by GM and a coach that knew their jobs were on the line. The thinking was that if he looked good enough year 1 even on a bad team that they could get one more year out of the job.

What is hilarious is all the people back after the 2021 NFL draft saying that the Bears had one of the best drafts in the league that year after mortgaging their future by trading a future 1st round pick.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not understand the Fields hype coming out of college. I saw him in person numerous times and was never impressed.

Plus, Ohio State QB's have had little success in the NFL.

I wasn't huge on Fields coming out. But with the right coaching and the right squad around him, I do think he could be somewhat successful. Every game I have saw from him in the NFL there are a handful of plays that shows he does have "it" if he can put it together consistently. But of course I haven't seen a ton of him either. But he has a very good arm and is a major plus athlete at the position. He just needs to get everything right between the ears.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fields should've been on bench for 2 years

the fact he saw field last year shows you how bad Dalton is

I wanted Vikings to get him and have him sit behind Kirk for 2 years

He may still bust, but I would give him a third year. Jalen Hurts has been developing and I think Fields can too, but chicago did him no favors

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Ohio State does a poor job of getting their QB's ready for the NFL. Their offense is just too simple. And then their superior talent to the teams they play most the season against (especially at the WR position) make the QB's look better than they really are to boot.

They have evolved under Stroud a little. I dont think he is a lock 1st prospect off the board QB in the mold of Burrows, Luck, Lawrence were when they came out. But he is a damn good prospect that should be gone easily in the top 5 picks. And he has a better chance at success at the next level than the previous OSU QB's did.
I hope he does well, but all those other OSU QB's were highly touted and none of them panned out, even though the jury is still out on Fields.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is so true.

Fields was a desperation pick by GM and a coach that knew their jobs were on the line. The thinking was that if he looked good enough year 1 even on a bad team that they could get one more year out of the job.

What is hilarious is all the people back after the 2021 NFL draft saying that the Bears had one of the best drafts in the league that year after mortgaging their future by trading a future 1st round pick.

Agreed entirely. I recall grading it low, though. If I recall correctly I don't think I ever thought Fields would pan out, and partly that's because of the team that drafted him and terrible coaching.

I thought Lance would work for the 49ers and jury is still out on that, shame for 49ers fans he got injured.

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fields should've been on bench for 2 years

the fact he saw field last year shows you how bad Dalton is

I wanted Vikings to get him and have him sit behind Kirk for 2 years

He may still bust, but I would give him a third year. Jalen Hurts has been developing and I think Fields can too, but chicago did him no favors

Yet , compare Dalton's stats in 1 game vs. Fields 4 games, the Saints offense was riddled with injuries. Dalton nearly caught him.
Fields:
QBR Comp % Yards Tds Int
26.2 / 50.7 / 471 / 2 / 4

Andy:
QBR Comp % Yards Tds Int
60 / 71.4 / 236 / 1 / 0

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Careful... Steelers fans everywhere bought into this stereotype when trying to gas up the Mitch Trubisky train this year.

You want an absurd stat?

It took Kenny Pickett 3 series to lead the Steelers in TDs for the season. He only played a single half of football out of 4 games.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Careful... Steelers fans everywhere bought into this stereotype when trying to gas up the Mitch Trubisky train this year.

You want an absurd stat?

It took Kenny Pickett 3 series to lead the Steelers in TDs for the season. He only played a single half of football out of 4 games.

Oh please, nobody believes in Kenny Pickett. Every single one of his incompletions has been an interception. Kenny "PICK IT." Actually it's got a good ring to it. And then Mitch Trub"INT"sky! God damn the Steelers are on to something here!

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh please, nobody believes in Kenny Pickett. Every single one of his incompletions has been an interception. Kenny "PICK IT." Actually it's got a good ring to it. And then Mitch Trub"INT"sky! God damn the Steelers are on to something here!

Pickett throws such a catchable ball that even the defenders don’t drop them….

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pickett throws such a catchable ball that even the defenders don’t drop them….
The only INT that's on Kenny was the Hail Mary... And even that is debatable.

Do these look like INT's to you? Both times the receiver popped the ball up

FeG1wtyUAAAa-S7

FeHgY4yWAAAHrRe

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only INT that's on Kenny was the Hail Mary... And even that is debatable.

Do these look like INT's to you?

FeG1wtyUAAAa-S7

FeHgY4yWAAAHrRe

PFFFFFFFFT. Well whatever. :heh: I still like my Kenny "PICK IT" nickname... and I'm stickin' to it.