• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Justin Fields apparently has a form of epilepsy

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right...those kind definitely do mess with you for a bit. Haven't seen if he had the kind where one falls down (the type most think about when they hear about seizures) or if he has a different type (one term is Petit Mal seizures) where those around you might not even know you had one.

You'd know if he had one because he'd be confused, even if it was a small one. My son has them and "disconnects" for a while. My Dad did too. He'd be driving home for lunch and wouldn't remember large chunks of the drive. He had to stop before he killed somebody.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd know if he had one because he'd be confused, even if it was a small one. My son has them and "disconnects" for a while. My Dad did too. He'd be driving home for lunch and wouldn't remember large chunks of the drive. He had to stop before he killed somebody.
That's the type I had, and until I was 16 no one diagnosed them as seizures. Best I could do as a littler kid (earliest memory of one was at 8 years old) was say I was getting funny feelings. The feeling would be the aura I'd get before the seizure came.

I remain on the meds as a precaution. Not worth risking it...mostly because of driving.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't recall a Pat with epilepsy.
My only concern with taking a QB with epilepsy would be a docter giving advice to retire in his 2nd season after a hit to the head.
All of the top QB's are risky this year. Not sure this should be a deciding factor.....
i was mixed up, for some reason i was thinking samari rolle was a patriot, he obviously was not

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the type I had, and until I was 16 no one diagnosed them as seizures. Best I could do as a littler kid (earliest memory of one was at 8 years old) was say I was getting funny feelings. The feeling would be the aura I'd get before the seizure came.

I remain on the meds as a precaution. Not worth risking it...mostly because of driving.

My son is 41. He is currently on 4 different meds in his cocktail. The current mix seems to work. We don't have to be in the bathroom with him anymore. But every bang or boom elicits an "Are you OK Brent?"

He used to make these little huffing/sniffing noises just as he was slipping into one. So everytime he sniffed his nose he got an "Are you OK Brent?"

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My son is 41. He is currently on 4 different meds in his cocktail. The current mix seems to work. We don't have to be in the bathroom with him anymore. But every bang or boom elicits an "Are you OK Brent?"

He used to make these little huffing/sniffing noises just as he was slipping into one. So everytime he sniffed his nose he got an "Are you OK Brent?"
I'm definitely glad this happened to me as opposed to one of my children. Cannot even imagine that as a parent. I guess at least he gets the aura/warning of some sort to know.

All the best to you and your son.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just know the moron fans in Seattle are going to be flashing strobe lights all game long if SF takes him...

:kidding:
Will Ferrell Lol GIF by NBA

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just know the moron fans in Seattle are going to be flashing strobe lights all game long if SF takes him...

:kidding:
This would’ve been a real possibility in the 90’s.