• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Just Sayin'

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought you said top tier P5 teams?

North Carolina, South Carolina, and Miami?

Clemson, Texas A&M, Wisconsin

Miami was in a NY6 bowl 2 years ago. There is at least a chance of UNC, SC, and Miami being relevant. There is 0% chance of Southern University, South Alabama, and LA-Monroe being a quality win.

gotigersgo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson, Texas A&M, Wisconsin

Miami was in a NY6 bowl 2 years ago. There is at least a chance of UNC, SC, and Miami being relevant. There is 0% chance of Southern University, South Alabama, and LA-Monroe being a quality win.

And Ole Miss was in the 2016 Sugar Bowl and the 2014 Peach Bowl.

gotigersgo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
App St. played 7 teams outside the ESPN top 100 this year. They are not playing all of those teams this year. Memphis played Missouri last year.

The bottom line is still that P5 schools are very reluctant to schedule schools that take away recruits or have any legitimate chance to beat them.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
App St. played 7 teams outside the ESPN top 100

And no one is claiming that if App State went undefeated they'd be in the CFP. It was only to refute your absurd point that it is impossible to for giant killer G5 teams to get elite teams on the schedule.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So as UCFHomer slowed down his posting this guy joins and start complaining about his AAC team is being wronged and should be ranked higher.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So as UCFHomer slowed down his posting this guy joins and start complaining about his AAC team is being wronged and should be ranked higher.

Excellent point. Perhaps we will see some threads about Memphis game film.

gotigersgo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did I ever say that Memphis should be ranked higher? They should not. They had the best season in their history. They beat just as many good teams as Baylor or Clemson. Are they better than Baylor or Clemson? Probably not. Will Baylor Schedule them? No.

If they had beaten Temple, they would still be in the same boat. I'm saying that there is no chance for a team outside the P5 to ever make the CFP.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I ever say that Memphis should be ranked higher? They should not. They had the best season in their history. They beat just as many good teams as Baylor or Clemson. Are they better than Baylor or Clemson? Probably not. Will Baylor Schedule them? No.

If they had beaten Temple, they would still be in the same boat. I'm saying that there is no chance for a team outside the P5 to ever make the CFP.

Well, there is no chance for Memphis to make the CFP if they continue to schedule dogshit teams.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Memphis was robbed of a chance to go undefeated at Temple by a very controversial call. Would there be any clamor to include them in the CFP had they won the game at Temple and were 13-0?

I think there would have been clamor, but no real argument to include them.

My point is this: No matter how good a G5 team is, they will never be included in the CFP.

They should change college football D-1 to three tiers and let the teams in G5 play for a championship.

Thoughts?
No, the AAC is garbage.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Memphis was robbed of a chance to go undefeated at Temple by a very controversial call. Would there be any clamor to include them in the CFP had they won the game at Temple and were 13-0?

I think there would have been clamor, but no real argument to include them.

My point is this: No matter how good a G5 team is, they will never be included in the CFP.

They should change college football D-1 to three tiers and let the teams in G5 play for a championship.

Thoughts?

If the G5 wanted to play in their own championship, they already would. They all want some of that sweet sweet bowl money...money that wouldn't exist for a G5 playoff.

When your conference championship game opponent got rocked 42-0 by the 2 seed and your best OOC win is 15-10 over a 4-8 Ole Miss team, your chances of making the playoffs is 0.

gotigersgo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the G5 wanted to play in their own championship, they already would. They all want some of that sweet sweet bowl money...money that wouldn't exist for a G5 playoff.

When your conference championship game opponent got rocked 42-0 by the 2 seed and your best OOC win is 15-10 over a 4-8 Ole Miss team, your chances of making the playoffs is 0.

That's the whole point about scheduling. Alabama won't play any decent G5 teams. Can't give any of those middling teams any money. We'll schedule UTmartin instead.