• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Just Realized and Looked Back to Confirm

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going back to Robbie's game winner in 2012 vs Carolina - the Bears are 1 for 7 on last second kicks to either tie/force OT or outright win. They are also 1-6 in those games - as they went onto lose in all three games that continued in a tie (at MIN, vs SF, at MIA)

2013: at Minnesota to win - Robbie miss
2015: vs Oakland to win - Robbie makes *only win*
2015: vs San Fran to win - Robbie misses
2015: vs Washington to force OT - Robbie misses (This was in back-to-back weeks with the above SF game and a big reason Robbie was let go - if you remember)
2017: vs Detroit to force OT - Barth misses (Barth is fired following the game)
2018: at Miami to win - Parkey misses
2018: vs Philly to win - Parkey misses

I knew we had a bad recent history with this, but this is really bad. lol. It would be nice to hit one of these next year.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going back to Robbie's game winner in 2012 vs Carolina - the Bears are 1 for 7 on last second kicks to either tie/force OT or outright win. They are also 1-6 in those games - as they went onto lose in all three games that continued in a tie (at MIN, vs SF, at MIA)

2013: at Minnesota to win - Robbie miss
2015: vs Oakland to win - Robbie makes *only win*
2015: vs San Fran to win - Robbie misses
2015: vs Washington to force OT - Robbie misses (This was in back-to-back weeks with the above SF game and a big reason Robbie was let go - if you remember)
2017: vs Detroit to force OT - Barth misses (Barth is fired following the game)
2018: at Miami to win - Parkey misses
2018: vs Philly to win - Parkey misses

I knew we had a bad recent history with this, but this is really bad. lol. It would be nice to hit one of these next year.
Think we give Parkey another chance? I honestly don’t see any road to success for this guy unless he trains he fucking ass off, which is a possibility. I’d love to bring Robbie Gould back. I feel like he wants to come back too.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think we give Parkey another chance? I honestly don’t see any road to success for this guy unless he trains he fucking ass off, which is a possibility. I’d love to bring Robbie Gould back. I feel like he wants to come back too.

Yeah, he's a UFA - I certainly think it is possible and would truly love it.

The best thing Parkey has going is his 5.5 million dollar cap hit if he is cut. Training hard really won't matter, IMO. It really comes down to trusting him in a game. We all know how different it is kicking in a game vs practice. The league has run out tons of kickers who could boom the ball in practice.

I think it's on Pace and the staff to finally secure the kicking position, no matter what. I would bring back Robbie and eat the cap hit myself.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he's a UFA - I certainly think it is possible and would truly love it.

The best thing Parkey has going is his 5.5 million dollar cap hit if he is cut. Training hard really won't matter, IMO. It really comes down to trusting him in a game. We all know how different it is kicking in a game vs practice. The league has run out tons of kickers who could boom the ball in practice.

I think it's on Pace and the staff to finally secure the kicking position, no matter what. I would bring back Robbie and eat the cap hit myself.
That’s quite a bit of cash. That’s trading Parkey and a possible starting caliber FA. I doubt Pace does it. I mean Gould has had bad years too. Keeping Parkey isn’t going to be popular, but Pace is going to think he hit the post 5-6 times. That’s got to be a fluke season. However, next season he is going to have a lot of extra pressure every kick in every close game. I see us sticking with him into next season, but wouldn’t be surprised with a swap.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s quite a bit of cash. That’s trading Parkey and a possible starting caliber FA. I doubt Pace does it. I mean Gould has had bad years too. Keeping Parkey isn’t going to be popular, but Pace is going to think he hit the post 5-6 times. That’s got to be a fluke season. However, next season he is going to have a lot of extra pressure every kick in every close game. I see us sticking with him into next season, but wouldn’t be surprised with a swap.

Yeah, you're probably right. I think we at least bring in a young kicker to compete in pre-season. Then if Parkey is all head fucked and blowing kicks like Robbie was in the 16 pre-season - we show him the door. Regardless of money, I still think there comes a breaking point.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tenor.gif

He won't make it past game 3 if he is a Bear....so I guess that's a positive. Granted our options will be sh*t on a stick at that point...but that's still better than Parkey.

flclfanman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is the only way he gets back. And even then, this will be his scarlet letter. No way he gets past this unless he does something insane like have a perfect season and kicks the GW FG in the SuperBowl

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the amount of money the Bears are paying him, only thing I see is the possibility a kicker off the streets, comes in and out kicks him pre season next year. No way the Bears can afford anyone who has experience this coming year with the salary cap issue, especially considering they'll have a big cap hit with Parkey either way.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the amount of money the Bears are paying him, only thing I see is the possibility a kicker off the streets, comes in and out kicks him pre season next year. No way the Bears can afford anyone who has experience this coming year with the salary cap issue, especially considering they'll have a big cap hit with Parkey either way.

Yeah, good point. If they signed Gould - they'd have wasted like 9-10 mil on the kicker position.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, good point. If they signed Gould - they'd have wasted like 9-10 mil on the kicker position.
I just looked at a proposed, "What the Bears should do in the off season and draft picks" from a great poster on a different forum. He proposed an off season with a Parkey cut and a Gould get. Who knows. It worked money wise, but it included not signing Amos, etc...

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to stoke the flames, but since 2016 thru 2018, Chicago kickers have made 57 of 75 field goals for 76%. (Parkey, Barth, Nugent, Santos)
Opponents vs the Bears in this same 3-year span made 87 of 93 field goals for 94%.

In addition, 2015 was Robbie Gould's last season with the Bears.
He made 33 of 39 field goals for 85%.
Opponents made 24 of 28 for 86%.

Here's a list of kickers whose contracts are up in 2018:

free agent kickers 2019.png

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not stoking the flames at all, in fact, good job at the kicker research. My choice is ABP....Anybody But Parkey.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's just call it the curse of Walter Payton.............

Well, at least Refrigerator Perry has his SB touchdown :noidea:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to stoke the flames, but since 2016 thru 2018, Chicago kickers have made 57 of 75 field goals for 76%. (Parkey, Barth, Nugent, Santos)
Opponents vs the Bears in this same 3-year span made 87 of 93 field goals for 94%.

View attachment 195563

I thought the Gould cut was possibly premature, but there is no denying he personally killed us that year.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 195563

The death of Gould was the magnitude of two specific kicks he missed - coupled with his catastrophic following pre-season. I also think 2015 being Pace's first year as GM hurt Gould. As he had not been around to fully appreciate what Robbie did for the Bears over that prior decade and how truly good he had been.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't kick a 43 footer with the wind at my back.

No doubt.

I think the point is that some news outlets have been trying to make this a "you could never do this - so think before you criticize Parkey" kind of a thing.

It's irrelevant if I couldn't do it. It's not my job. I'm sure Cody Parkey couldn't do the jobs of some of those who post on SportsHoopla. A 43 yard kick with mild temps and no wind is far from asking you to go above/beyond in the line of duty. It's your job. Not my job. Do your job, Cody. When I fall on my face at work, feel free to lay into me.