• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Just accepted this trade

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gave Mixon and Mecole Hardman
Received Chubb and Slayton

I went ahead and accepted because the owner offering sometimes gets cold feet when offering a trade. I would of liked to get opinions before hand, but wasn’t chancing him pulling the trade.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to hear opinions. Some are down on Chubb because Hunt is back. I’m still on his bandwagon. I have run the trade through several trade calculators and they have me ahead on the trade by a fair margin, for what ever that’s worth.

Last edited:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has Mixon on the trade block now. Mmm wonder what it take to trade for him.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prefer Chubb to Mixon personally, but I'm biased.

Chubb did take a hit in targets and carries the last third of the season. Couple weeks into Hunts return, thru the end. Prolly not the only factor though.

Mixon seemed primed for big time status to me last offseason. Don't see why that shouldnt be paused, the team wasn't his fault.

Guess it comes down to who you feel has more upside between Slayton and Hardman.

Seems a very fair trade.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Smitty I'd like to add i think Mixon is far more likely to do something dumb that hurts his value in the long run.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Smitty I'd like to add i think Mixon is far more likely to do something dumb that hurts his value in the long run.
Even more so, Kareem Hunt will.

Don't have the same dislike for him as I do Mixon, but he puts himself in compromised positions.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a reminder on Mixon not saying people can't change, but this is far worse than Hunts kick

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a reminder on Mixon not saying people can't change, but this is far worse than Hunts kick

also it was a lot longer ago, Mixon has been clean since joining the league - Hunt's been a thug forever, and is part of the reason he ended up in the MAC instead of going to a power 5 school in college.

Hunt was also suspended in college for violating team rules his junior year.

if looking at past misdeeds as a tie breaker, give me the guy that made a mistake as a teenager and has been clean since over the guy that continually makes mistakes and puts himself in bad situations, as a teen and adult.

It's like Hunt didn't ever learn to shut it off after getting in trouble, evidenced by his recent traffic stop/weed possession just this January (prior to the new CBA that removed weed as an offense you could be suspended for)

@HaroldSeattle - i know you like yourself some Chubby, so I think you did alright. I do like Hardman over Slayton though, cause QB situation, but hard to argue with what Slayton did his rookie year

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mixon has been extremely we behaved since, unlike hunt and others. Chubby went down 6 ppg with Hunt back. That's massive. Mixon should only see better opportunity, so Should Hardman.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gave Mixon and Mecole Hardman
Received Chubb and Slayton

I went ahead and accepted because the owner offering sometimes gets cold feet when offering a trade. I would of liked to get opinions before hand, but wasn’t chancing him pulling the trade.

I like Hardman a lot. Especially if Sammy goes away. Not sure I'm on your side of the deal here.

Slayton reminds me of Stevie Johnson, which is good, but depth chart and QB lean me to Hardman.

Mixon and Chubb...not sure how big the gap is or which way it goes, to be honest. Bit Chubb gets the upper hand with team surroundings here. Plus rookie QB for Bengals most likely. The Hunt factor is something more than a Giovanni Bernard factor, but that gap is what brings it closer to balance, I would think.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know I like Chubb's, but its not a deal I would've taken. If Chub is, let's just hypothetically say, RB#5..Mixon is RB6 or 7. And I definitely l have more confidence in Hardman's future with Reid/Mahommes than I do with Slayton's in NY.

By no means do I think its a bad deal, just that its at best, lateral

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now i know chubb was a top RB until hunt returned, what was his ranking the second half of the year, exclusively.

Also Mixon came on agian the second half of last year, the line also WILL be better in cincy, should be much better, and a rookie QB's best friend can be a pass catching RB and a TE, Cincy lacks the TE component.

Hunt came back week 10, chubbs catches, and carries trended downchubb.JPG

Mixon actually ramped up, and like i said, that line will be better, and he catches passes
mixon.JPG

For me the WR are a wash. I think hardman is a bit of a gadget player, they wanted the speed if hill was gonna be gone........they took him early to lock it up.......i dont think hes gonna be a volume guy, or steady even if watkins is gone. SLayton looked great, and had a connection with danny dimes......he produced late even with all the mouths to feed. But i dont know that i see that moving forward yet. Contracts to shephard,and tate are too big. Plus Engram and barkley will get theirs.......he slots in as likely 4-6 in the pecking order IMHO. unless he balls out and they start him over a Vet.

Last edited:

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
too many rumors about kareem being traded. I like chubb over mixon here

definitely slayton over Mecole just based on opportunity and targets.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
too many rumors about kareem being traded. I like chubb over mixon here

definitely slayton over Mecole just based on opportunity and targets.
who is rumored for hunt, im not seeing much chatter there, much less teams with a need, sans TB...who could of just had a similar player in gordon(i think hunt is much better but could of had without a draft pick being traded)

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who is rumored for hunt, im not seeing much chatter there, much less teams with a need, sans TB...who could of just had a similar player in gordon(i think hunt is much better but could of had without a draft pick being traded)

there was more talk right after the season ended and it has cooled but i think teams will listen especially if a player gets injured in training camp

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there was more talk right after the season ended and it has cooled but i think teams will listen especially if a player gets injured in training camp
yeah, but you cant really bank on that......

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now i know chubb was a top RB until hunt returned, what was his ranking the second half of the year, exclusively.

Also Mixon came on agian the second half of last year, the line also WILL be better in cincy, should be much better, and a rookie QB's best friend can be a pass catching RB and a TE, Cincy lacks the TE component.

Hunt came back week 10, chubbs catches, and carries trended downView attachment 236284

Mixon actually ramped up, and like i said, that line will be better, and he catches passes
View attachment 236285

For me the WR are a wash. I think hardman is a bit of a gadget player, they wanted the speed if hill was gonna be gone........they took him early to lock it up.......i dont think hes gonna be a volume guy, or steady even if watkins is gone. SLayton looked great, and had a connection with danny dimes......he produced late even with all the mouths to feed. But i dont know that i see that moving forward yet. Contracts to shephard,and tate are too big. Plus Engram and barkley will get theirs.......he slots in as likely 4-6 in the pecking order IMHO. unless he balls out and they start him over a Vet.

Yes I was wrong about Chubb in the second half of the season, His targets went down. Stilll he had 5 out 8 games that he ran for over 100 yards second half of the season. New head coach has a history of being run heavy.
I like Mixon a lot, think he'll have a good season also. I just prefer Chubbs. As for the WRs IDK. Nice to own a piece of the Chiefs offense, but Slayton had double the targets last year vs Hardman. Chiefs have so many great weapons, Giants so few.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I was wrong about Chubb in the second half of the season, His targets went down. Stilll he had 5 out 8 games that he ran for over 100 yards second half of the season. New head coach has a history of being run heavy.
I like Mixon a lot, think he'll have a good season also. I just prefer Chubbs. As for the WRs IDK. Nice to own a piece of the Chiefs offense, but Slayton had double the targets last year vs Hardman. Chiefs have so many great weapons, Giants so few.
I guess I just see one who has a clear path to targets, and rushes and one with a clear threat.....

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah..but, a ton of his targets can be attributed to a "last man" standing scenario as Shepard, Tate, and Engram missed a combined 19 games ( a few of those being simultaneously), and Hardman has a better yards per target, a better TD per target, and is set for a nice little bump in usage once Watkins is gone, which should be any day now. Slayton is gonna be buried by Tate and Shepard. Giants offense flows through the RB and TE. Chiefs flows through the WR's and TE.
The potential is easily in Hardman's side, but the short term is dependant on Watkins leaving now vs leaving later

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slayton is gonna be buried by Tate and Shepard

OK that made chuckle. Kelce and Hill will get lots of targets and the rest of the targets will get distributed among various players, unless either of the studs get hurt. That's the way I see it. Hardman a nice piece. I own him a few leagues but I'm a little skeptical of his outlook as long as those two studs are going strong.