• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Just a thought to make us a little more pissed off.

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos drafted Osweiler over Russell Wilson.

giphy.gif

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos drafted Osweiler over Russell Wilson.

giphy.gif

So, you are saying that if we had drafted Wilson, he would have started over Manning instead of doing what Osweiller is currently doing? Seriously, what is the purpose of this post? You know exactly jack shit how Osweiller is going to perform once Manning is retired.

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you are saying that if we had drafted Wilson, he would have started over Manning instead of doing what Osweiller is currently doing? Seriously, what is the purpose of this post? You know exactly jack shit how Osweiller is going to perform once Manning is retired.

yeah, I meant Russell Wilson would have started over Manning.......

:L

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or are you saying this was not one of your typical whine/cry we suck posts? Whoops, my bad, it was.

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point it would be nice having Russell Wilson being the future than Osweiler.

No?

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here some brightside.....

cowboys took a safety 7 spots earlier than kam chancellor and took a CB 11 spots eariler than richard sherman. neither of those 2 picks are still with dallas.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OP is a useless comment that would be considered trolling if it came from a fan of another team. BTW, BB...... sucks being right about the passing leader comments, doesn't it?

For the record, Wilson would never have worked anyway, unless the entire offense was retooled. Would have been a wasted draft pick if Denver had taken Wilson regardless of how Osweiler pans out.

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The draft is the ultimate roll of the dice.........

Hindsight is 20/20.....

Choose one.

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The draft is the ultimate roll of the dice.........

Hindsight is 20/20.....

Choose one.

Of course it is, but that is something we all do 3 or 4 years after a draft. That is about how you know how drafts work out.

It is something to point out, and to say Russell Wilson would not have worked out is a bit ridiculous. Tebow, basically worked out with Fox.

The team certainly would not be running a pass first offense with 659 attempts. Which more often than not puts up pretty numbers, but rarely ever win the Lombardi. You do not want me to point the facts in regards to that, do you?

As far as me whining, I will say this. The Broncos fucking embarrassed the living shit out of all of us, and it did piss me off. Two days later, I will still vent about it.

On to the topic. The Broncos selected a QB in the SECOND ROUND to be the QB to take over for Manning. It is perfectly fair to say AT THIS POINT that Wilson may have been the better QB to be the future of the franchise. Anyone thinking AT THIS POINT that he would not have been a good QB for the future are not paying very good attention to what is happening in the NFL or the fast start he has had in his career.

Now, save me the stuff about Osweiler and us not knowing what he can do. No shit. Which is why I mention...AT THIS POINT.

Regardless, drafts cannot really be judged until at least 3 or 4 years after the draft.

Want to laugh? Look at this report about the 2012 Seahawks draft from Bleacher Report the next day....

2012 NFL Draft Grades: Ranking Teams That Failed on Draft Day | Bleacher Report

By Donald Wood , Featured Columnist Apr 29, 2012

No. 1: Seattle Seahawks

After one of the worst picks in the first round I can ever remember, the Seattle Seahawks didn't draft any positions of need or draft for the future.

Pete Carroll is proving why he didn’t make it in the NFL the first time. Not only was Bruce Irvin a reach at No. 15, the Seahawks proved they were oblivious to their madness by celebrating their selection.

As if the day wasn’t bad enough, Seattle selecting Russell Wilson, a QB that doesn’t fit their offense at all, was by far the worst move of the draft. With the two worst moves of the draft, Seattle is the only team that received an F on draft day.

Grade: F

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point it would be nice having Russell Wilson being the future than Osweiler.

No?

To say either way though is unproven. Oz is what you are looking for in a QB: tall, good arm, mobile, intelligent and a couple of years younger. Oz was only a junior when he was drafted and in all likelihood would probably have been the first QB drafted last year.

Wilson has been good and put up an excellent game against us, is what you call a football player, but does have flaws. He tends to try to escape anytime he feels pressure in the pocket and has good and bad games doing this. I would probably surmise that he does this because he does not have great vision due to being shorter (he cannot always see over linemen and is escaping to get a better field of vision). In other words, Wilson is a good QB, but do not base your judgement off of one good game, he has had just as many bad ones.

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To say either way though is unproven. Oz is what you are looking for in a QB: tall, good arm, mobile, intelligent and a couple of years younger. Oz was only a junior when he was drafted and in all likelihood would probably have been the first QB drafted last year.

Wilson has been good and put up an excellent game against us, is what you call a football player, but does have flaws. He tends to try to escape anytime he feels pressure in the pocket and has good and bad games doing this. I would probably surmise that he does this because he does not have great vision due to being shorter (he cannot always see over linemen and is escaping to get a better field of vision). In other words, Wilson is a good QB, but do not base your judgement off of one good game, he has had just as many bad ones.

I am not so sure that height is the big giant deal that scouts seem to think it is. The era of the pocket passer is not the trend right now. The QBs that versatile and mobile. From Flutie, to Brees, to Wilson, they are all undersized, and I happen to think Manziel will be a real success.

Now Osweiler is a little more mobile too, just that I am not sure he has the true escapability of Wilson. Wilson displays a pretty high football IQ and a very underrated arm.

The main reason there seems to be such a change in this is what the colleges are putting out. The zone read will not being going all together. It is something that more and more colleges are running.

.We have no idea of what Osweiler will be, but as of RIGHT NOW, Wilson may have been a nice QB to build a team around.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember BB: The grass ALWAYS looks greener on the other side of the fence. Sometimes it's because of better manicuring, other times, it's because it's growing right above a septic tank.

It was a miracle we were able to get what we got with Tebow. But AGAIN, the offense had to be completely retooled after he left. Wilson would not have been a good fit in Denver's current offensive system, so it becomes a waste of a pick, and here's why:

Wilson's strength comes when he runs out of the pocket. He keeps his head up, and is always looking to complete the pass. Part of that is out of necessity, since his size puts him at a disadvantage in the pocket. Flutie was the same way. With Brees, the NO line has to work to open passing lanes as well as protect the QB. Usually it's up to the task, but when it's not, that offense crumbles like a cheap muffin.

Now, if Wilson is kept in the pocket, he becomes VERY AVERAGE. He doesn't go through progressions. He doesn't have the ability to check down that other pocket passers have.

What you really want is a QB who's mobile enough to scramble when needed, but can also stay in the pocket and pick a defense apart as well. Wilson isn't that QB. He'd absolutely SUCK in our current system. Osweiler's jury is still out, but his skills offer a much smoother transition offensively. If you really want to play this game, I think Foles would have been a great choice for Denver, but I'm also a U of Az guy. But, it's entirely possible that Oz grows to become an effective QB as well.

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not so sure that height is the big giant deal that scouts seem to think it is. The era of the pocket passer is not the trend right now. The QBs that versatile and mobile. From Flutie, to Brees, to Wilson, they are all undersized, and I happen to think Manziel will be a real success.

Now Osweiler is a little more mobile too, just that I am not sure he has the true escapability of Wilson Wilson displays a pretty high football IQ and a very underrated arm.

The main reason there seems to be such a change in this is what the colleges are putting out. The zone read will not being going all together. It is something that more and more colleges are running.

.We have no idea of what Osweiler will be, but as of RIGHT NOW, Wilson may have been a nice QB to build a team around.

Yes, but most of those QB's also tend or tended to stick in the pocket a bit more than Wilson seems to. Every time I watched him, he seemed to go at the first sign of his first look not being open or pressure was coming. The first one of the above is telling me he is possibly not able to see the entire field and is improvising to get a better look on his next reads. Is it a horrible thing to do? No, especially if the QB is particularly good at it. Wilson seems to be, except when he is getting pressured once he is out of the pocket, which just was not happening on Sunday.

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, congrats for totally blowing out of proportion what I said......

The sports world is full of way too many "What if's" these days. There is no possible way you can predict that Russell Wilson would be what he is today if he were taken by the Broncos.

Just like there is no possible way to predict what Brock Osweiler will be when/if he ever gets his chance.

I guess I just shouldn't have responded because I don't like getting into Fairy Tale discussions about sports.

I do like how you took what I said and used it as a way to yell at me about how you need to vent. I am a Bronco fan just like you. I was upset by the game on Sunday just like any other Bronco fan. Because I choose to express that differently than you doesn't amount to a hill of beans either way.

They will be back. And they will be back with Peyton Manning running the show. I just hope they are better prepared to deal with a fast, hard hitting athletic defense. Because if they are not, the result will more than likely be exactly the same.....

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember BB: The grass ALWAYS looks greener on the other side of the fence. Sometimes it's because of better manicuring, other times, it's because it's growing right above a septic tank.

It was a miracle we were able to get what we got with Tebow. But AGAIN, the offense had to be completely retooled after he left. Wilson would not have been a good fit in Denver's current offensive system, so it becomes a waste of a pick, and here's why:

Wilson's strength comes when he runs out of the pocket. He keeps his head up, and is always looking to complete the pass. Part of that is out of necessity, since his size puts him at a disadvantage in the pocket. Flutie was the same way. With Brees, the NO line has to work to open passing lanes as well as protect the QB. Usually it's up to the task, but when it's not, that offense crumbles like a cheap muffin.

Now, if Wilson is kept in the pocket, he becomes VERY AVERAGE. He doesn't go through progressions. He doesn't have the ability to check down that other pocket passers have.

What you really want is a QB who's mobile enough to scramble when needed, but can also stay in the pocket and pick a defense apart as well. Wilson isn't that QB. He'd absolutely SUCK in our current system. Osweiler's jury is still out, but his skills offer a much smoother transition offensively. If you really want to play this game, I think Foles would have been a great choice for Denver, but I'm also a U of Az guy. But, it's entirely possible that Oz grows to become an effective QB as well.

You do not think Osweiler is going to be running the current system, do you? There is only essentially one QB that has ever operated the system Peyton Manning runs, and it is Peyton Manning.

Suffice to say that Wilson would have been groomed into something totally different, just like Osweiler will be.

Here is what I think the LONG TERM plan is with Osweiler from Elways perspective. I think he wants to run a similar system the Broncos ran under Shanahan. I think he hired Alex Gibbs for that reason, and I think he drafted Montee Ball for that reason. Ball, is a virtual identical (physically) clone to TD. Height, weight etc. Now, does he have the running instincts of TD in anticipating holes opening or using cut back lanes. Well, I do not know. He showed some real promise though with some bursts.

But from a long term perspective, I think Elway sees Osweiler as a guy that IS mobile, can run bootleg action, and has a strong enough arm to stretch the field vertically.

When Manning retires, I am anticipating something totally different. I think they saw Manning as...A) A way to get out of the Tebow circus and they were desperate to get out of it, and B) a real potential is what he is doing right now.

Either way, any good executive builds a team for the future. While Manning was a great signing, that was not a FUTURE endeavor. He is a RIGHT NOW and ride the wave while it lasts and distance ourselves from the Tebow frenzy plan.

Russell Wilson has shown himself to be better than average from the pocket. He does not look to run, quite like Vick. His football IQ appears to be a lot higher than that. He is well aware of the strengths he has and he uses them.

Remember, most of the year, those Hawks WRs were not exactly great WRs. Adequate, yes. They are NFL caliber. However, nothing that makes your toes tingle.

He moves the chains, and he is only getting better.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do not think Osweiler is going to be running the current system, do you? There is only essentially one QB that has ever operated the system Peyton Manning runs, and it is Peyton Manning.

Suffice to say that Wilson would have been groomed into something totally different, just like Osweiler will be.

Here is what I think the LONG TERM plan is with Osweiler from Elways perspective. I think he wants to run a similar system the Broncos ran under Shanahan. I think he hired Alex Gibbs for that reason, and I think he drafted Montee Ball for that reason. Ball, is a virtual identical (physically) clone to TD. Height, weight etc. Now, does he have the running instincts of TD in anticipating holes opening or using cut back lanes. Well, I do not know. He showed some real promise though with some bursts.

But from a long term perspective, I think Elway sees Osweiler as a guy that IS mobile, can run bootleg action, and has a strong enough arm to stretch the field vertically.

When Manning retires, I am anticipating something totally different. I think they saw Manning as...A) A way to get out of the Tebow circus and they were desperate to get out of it, and B) a real potential is what he is doing right now.

Either way, any good executive builds a team for the future. While Manning was a great signing, that was not a FUTURE endeavor. He is a RIGHT NOW and ride the wave while it lasts and distance ourselves from the Tebow frenzy plan.

Russell Wilson has shown himself to be better than average from the pocket. He does not look to run, quite like Vick. His football IQ appears to be a lot higher than that. He is well aware of the strengths he has and he uses them.

Remember, most of the year, those Hawks WRs were not exactly great WRs. Adequate, yes. They are NFL caliber. However, nothing that makes your toes tingle.

He moves the chains, and he is only getting better.

Well, I guess if you think that going to only your first read is "Better than average from the pocket" then this conversation can't go much further. It's not just me who sees it. Media analysts and NFL scouts have also seen that in Wilson.

Elway wants a QB who can move when needed, but can also attack a defense from the pocket. The offense for Manning is a POCKET QB OFFENSE. So the transition from Manning to Osweiler, ANOTHER POCKET QB, is fairly smooth and painless. The blocking from the line will be similar, the skills personnel will be similar. Sure, Oz isn't going to run the exact same offense, but it would be comparable. Wilson is in a READ OPTION-type OFFENSE because he's a READ OPTION QB. I have doubts he can be groomed into the pocket passer Elway wants. He's in his second year, and still can't get past his first read. What makes Wilson more dangerous is his ability to throw on the run. That's the only part of Wilson's game that Elway desires. Currently to accomodate Wilson, we'd have to change the blocking to be more zone-read friendly. It's significantly different than what we have now.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course it is, but that is something we all do 3 or 4 years after a draft. That is about how you know how drafts work out.

It is something to point out, and to say Russell Wilson would not have worked out is a bit ridiculous. Tebow, basically worked out with Fox.

The team certainly would not be running a pass first offense with 659 attempts. Which more often than not puts up pretty numbers, but rarely ever win the Lombardi. You do not want me to point the facts in regards to that, do you?

As far as me whining, I will say this. The Broncos fucking embarrassed the living shit out of all of us, and it did piss me off. Two days later, I will still vent about it.

On to the topic. The Broncos selected a QB in the SECOND ROUND to be the QB to take over for Manning. It is perfectly fair to say AT THIS POINT that Wilson may have been the better QB to be the future of the franchise. Anyone thinking AT THIS POINT that he would not have been a good QB for the future are not paying very good attention to what is happening in the NFL or the fast start he has had in his career.

Now, save me the stuff about Osweiler and us not knowing what he can do. No shit. Which is why I mention...AT THIS POINT.

Regardless, drafts cannot really be judged until at least 3 or 4 years after the draft.

Want to laugh? Look at this report about the 2012 Seahawks draft from Bleacher Report the next day....

2012 NFL Draft Grades: Ranking Teams That Failed on Draft Day | Bleacher Report

By Donald Wood , Featured Columnist Apr 29, 2012

No. 1: Seattle Seahawks

After one of the worst picks in the first round I can ever remember, the Seattle Seahawks didn't draft any positions of need or draft for the future.

Pete Carroll is proving why he didn’t make it in the NFL the first time. Not only was Bruce Irvin a reach at No. 15, the Seahawks proved they were oblivious to their madness by celebrating their selection.

As if the day wasn’t bad enough, Seattle selecting Russell Wilson, a QB that doesn’t fit their offense at all, was by far the worst move of the draft. With the two worst moves of the draft, Seattle is the only team that received an F on draft day.

Grade: F

Just :doh::L:doh::L:doh::L:doh: