• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Junior Day (March 14)

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska is having it's first "official" Junior Day this weekend... here's the list of attendees:

Jojo Domann (3-Star OLB) - Domann is rated as the #2 player in the state of Colorado this year and has offers from all the major Colorado schools. He's really good friends with current Husker and 2015 signee Avery Anderson. Domann has yet to pick up an offer officially but he is still very high on the Huskers.

Noah Fant (3-Star DE) - Fant is a local talent with a lot of up side. Nebraska offered a little over a week ago followed by Iowa State and a few other FBS level offers. It would not be a surprise to see Fant makes his commitment official this weekend.

JD Spielman (3-Star ATH) - Spielman is a speedster from Eden Prairie, Minnesota and has offers from Michigan, Iowa and Minnesota with an offer likely coming from Nebraska this weekend. He's a talent very reminiscent of a James Rogers (Oregon State WR) that would be an intriguing prospect for Nebraska in the slot and in the return game.

Nebraska will likely be working to get some other bigger names into town like AJ Taylor (CB), Amani Bledsoe (DE), Xavier Kelly (DE), Matt Farniok (OT), Isaiah Simmons (S/WR) and others.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just the out of state kids I assume

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lots of local flavor today, not going to release all the potential walk-on names, however Domann and Spielman both picked up offers today. Could see Fant, Domann and Spielman commiting out of this group. Domann is the #1 player in the state of Colorado according to 247Sports.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news, hard not seeing him pull the N trigger

Hope to see a big turnout for BRW as well

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this Domann young man. His Dad is Craig Domann, ex-Kansas football player. My guess, Jojo, has got brains to go with his football ability.

Domann and Pittman. Craig Domann

He will do some more growing this year, I can see him being 6' 2" to 6' 3", weighing 220, and getting faster, 4.5 sec.

Could be a good one.

Does not look like Colorado School of Mines has offered? :D

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They know he's going to play the foseball, which means you need to leave the state iirc, mining is hard

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Jojo is great friends with Avery Anderson as well... pretty sure he commits shortly after the spring or if he comes to the Spring Game he commits then. Would be a good addition, kid is just a flat out ball player. Would be the second time Nebraska has nabbed the #1 player out of Colorado in as many years. If we can make a habit of that each class that will be a very very good thing.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like Jojo

Also like Brandon Peters

As do I... Made Peters' top 5 yesterday, going to be a battle with Michigan. Plans to visit for the Spring Game.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Googled Brandon Peters

Current Top 5 Michigan, Wisconsin, Indiana, Nebraska, and LSU. Which one does not belong? think SEC.

Now, which of those schools could he come to and possibly be the man?

LSU? No. LSU has really good QBs sign up every year. Be a tough one to join up to if you ask me.

Wisconsin? Seems to struggle finding a QB, could be. A very good Academic school. Big O line, but they like to feature running backs. Russell Wilson went there but he did not learn quarterbacking there. Don't really develop QBs.

Nebraska? No QB in the 2015 class, that right there puts him in line. Come the fall of 2017, he will only see AJ Bush, and Zach Darlington. (I predict if Stanton doesn't do anything this year, he transfers to someplace where he can play. I really want to see Stanton be given a chance.) Riley and Langsdorf have the credentials. OK, if it was Pelini FAT CHANCE, but Riley is a NFL QB developer, Sean Mannion(probably be drafted in 2015), Derek Anderson, and Matt Moore.

Michigan? The O line is in serious problems there, but it is Michigan. Harbaugh has pedigree and Tom Brady played there. A very good Academic school. Just signed two four star QBs(Gentry and Malzone) and a transfer. Do you want to battle that? Not to mention Michigan is throwing offers at each and every QB that has four or five stars. Michigan does not really want Peters, they are just shotgunning offers and hoping one sticks. I could see Harbaugh pulling a scholarship offer if he got a five star over Peters rating.

Indiana? Home state school. Probably grew up as being a HUGE fan of Indiana. Throw in Purdue(Bob Griese, Drew Brees) and Notre Dame in Indiana some tough in state schools that he grew up with. Yes, I know that they are not top five now, but the names of Notre Dame and Drew Brees means something.

Looks like the kid is a smart one and will make an intelligent choice and not one based on some funny shenanigans that can be played by those SEC schools.

To me, right now, the intelligent choices would be Wisconsin, Nebraska, and the three Indianas(pick a school). Could possibly throw out Wisconsin because of lack of QB development.

Nebraska and pick one of the three Indiana Schools.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Googled Brandon Peters

Current Top 5 Michigan, Wisconsin, Indiana, Nebraska, and LSU. Which one does not belong? think SEC.

Now, which of those schools could he come to and possibly be the man?

LSU? No. LSU has really good QBs sign up every year. Be a tough one to join up to if you ask me.

Wisconsin? Seems to struggle finding a QB, could be. A very good Academic school. Big O line, but they like to feature running backs. Russell Wilson went there but he did not learn quarterbacking there. Don't really develop QBs.

Nebraska? No QB in the 2015 class, that right there puts him in line. Come the fall of 2017, he will only see AJ Bush, and Zach Darlington. (I predict if Stanton doesn't do anything this year, he transfers to someplace where he can play. I really want to see Stanton be given a chance.) Riley and Langsdorf have the credentials. OK, if it was Pelini FAT CHANCE, but Riley is a NFL QB developer, Sean Mannion(probably be drafted in 2015), Derek Anderson, and Matt Moore.

Michigan? The O line is in serious problems there, but it is Michigan. Harbaugh has pedigree and Tom Brady played there. A very good Academic school. Just signed two four star QBs(Gentry and Malzone) and a transfer. Do you want to battle that? Not to mention Michigan is throwing offers at each and every QB that has four or five stars. Michigan does not really want Peters, they are just shotgunning offers and hoping one sticks. I could see Harbaugh pulling a scholarship offer if he got a five star over Peters rating.

Indiana? Home state school. Probably grew up as being a HUGE fan of Indiana. Throw in Purdue(Bob Griese, Drew Brees) and Notre Dame in Indiana some tough in state schools that he grew up with. Yes, I know that they are not top five now, but the names of Notre Dame and Drew Brees means something.

Looks like the kid is a smart one and will make an intelligent choice and not one based on some funny shenanigans that can be played by those SEC schools.

To me, right now, the intelligent choices would be Wisconsin, Nebraska, and the three Indianas(pick a school). Could possibly throw out Wisconsin because of lack of QB development.

Nebraska and pick one of the three Indiana Schools.

Good stuff... however, he's a big fan of Harbaugh, I would say Michigan is the biggest threat right now. We'll see what happens at the Spring Game. It's clear that Peters is #1 on our board right now.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Costello picked Stanford the QB list is whittled down

In ESPN Ranking Order, these are the QBs (Pocket Passers and Dual Threats) that Nebraska has offered

Malik Henry FSU
Jacob Eason Georgia
Dwayne Haskins
Brandon Mcilwain south carolina
KJ Costello Stanford
Jawon Pass
Zerrick Cooper CLemson
Brandon Peters
Jarrett Guarantano
Xavier gaines
Jake Zembiec Penn State
Bladrick Veal
Tristen Wallace
Thoms MacVittie Pittsburgh
Kare Lyles Wisconsin
Skylar Thompson
Khalil Tate Arizona

QBs that committed and to whom
Malik Henry FSU
Jacob Eason Georgia
Brandon Mcilwain South Carolina
KJ Costello Stanford
Zerrick Cooper Clemson
Jake Zembiec Penn State
Thoms MacVittie Pittsburgh
Kare Lyles Wisconsin
Khalil Tate Arizona

QBs that have not committed
Dwayne Haskins
Jawon Pass (Good name for a QB)
Brandon Peters
Jarrett Guarantano (supposedly the next one to announce)
Xavier Gaines
Bladrick Veal
Tristen Wallace
Skylar Thompson

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandon Peters commits to Michigan. There are still eleven months for high schoolers to change their mind.

Footballnut shows why he is the recruit guy.

With Jake Ruddock transferring there, that is something like 7 QBs at Michigan. Peters is probably going to be riding the pine in 2015.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandon Peters commits to Michigan. There are still eleven months for high schoolers to change their mind.

Footballnut shows why he is the recruit guy.

With Jake Ruddock transferring there, that is something like 7 QBs at Michigan. Peters is probably going to be riding the pine in 2015.

LOL, riding the pine in 2016!! He will be the stud high school QB in 2015