• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Julio...is this a problem or not?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW...TMZ or someone caught up to Julio in CA or somewhere and to recap it...Julio didn't shy away from the money question, but he didn't answer it directly either. He said he felt there are no issues with him and the Falcons.

It sounds like yeah he's not happy being the 8th highest paid WR, but they expect him to be in camp.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will work itself out. Blank loves the guy and won't let him walk for getting paid what he deserves.

FakeBelieve

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,389.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan making more than Julio is a travesty.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will work itself out. Blank loves the guy and won't let him walk for getting paid what he deserves.

Dimitroff's legacy to date IS the Julio deal imo so yes it will get done.

The problem I see is the next star, and the next who thinks he's underpaid and they have quite a few young players that are maybe not stars on JJ's level, but players they won't be able to replace easily.

With '18, '19. and '20 still under contract at roughly $10 mil per...I understand Julio, but imo coming off last yr...it's not a great look for him. I would try to convert is last two yrs to a bonus so that money can essentially be guaranteed...so if he gets hurt this year, he's covered for the remainder of that contract and revisit the raise next yr but I wouldn't do that until he was in camp.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dimitroff's legacy to date IS the Julio deal imo so yes it will get done.

The problem I see is the next star, and the next who thinks he's underpaid and they have quite a few young players that are maybe not stars on JJ's level, but players they won't be able to replace easily.

With '18, '19. and '20 still under contract at roughly $10 mil per...I understand Julio, but imo coming off last yr...it's not a great look for him. I would try to convert is last two yrs to a bonus so that money can essentially be guaranteed...so if he gets hurt this year, he's covered for the remainder of that contract and revisit the raise next yr but I wouldn't do that until he was in camp.
He kind of sort of got what he was looking for with a disclaimer that they'll revisit it during the next offseason. I think they'll pony up. The problem with that is Julio has already shown signs of being less than durable. Will being loyal hurt the franchise in the unforeseen future? I guess that's the question.

FakeBelieve

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,389.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blank is loyal and loyalty pays off. Julio is huge but it’s bigger than just that. The Falcons are a good franchise to play for. That’s important. Gotta win a SB though.

FakeBelieve

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,389.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. $66M is too damn much.

Also, Dirk Koetter is shit and DQ being HC and DC isn’t going to work.

Very pessimistic. Looked terrible today.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. $66M is too damn much.

Also, Dirk Koetter is shit and DQ being HC and DC isn’t going to work.

Very pessimistic. Looked terrible today.

Run DEF was horrible, but give they had to defend two short fields due to turnovers...they didn't play as bad as the score indicates. Will to give Koetter more time, but the OL I would be concerned about...3 new starters, it's going to take a few games go get in sync....also need to settle on one RT and let him get the reps. Sambrailo is a backup in this league.

FakeBelieve

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,389.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t see how more time will help DK. He had 2012-2014 with more weapons than we have now and he couldn’t get it done. When we first hired Koetter (this time) I felt like damn the hired the only person I know of who has actually proven he can’t get the job done.

cooljack

Destroyer of Worlds
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Falcons are terrible. How does a team with so many stars get this bad?

cooljack

Destroyer of Worlds
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s Ryan. He has great numbers but he’s a loser.

It's the O line too. They suck except for Mack.

Too many stupid penalties.

Can't cover and can't tackle.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t see how more time will help DK. He had 2012-2014 with more weapons than we have now and he couldn’t get it done. When we first hired Koetter (this time) I felt like damn the hired the only person I know of who has actually proven he can’t get the job done.

If that's as good as the OL is going to play...it really won't matter who the OC is. Couple that with the same DEF problems from LY (with most of the starters this time) and this team looks really over rated.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Falcons are terrible. How does a team with so many stars get this bad?

The Falcons are having some bad luck with repeated injuries on the OL, but to answer your question.

So many?

The true stars on the team.

Julio, Matt Ryan, Alex Mack

Very good players being paid like stars.

Grady, Sanu, Freeman, Trufant, Deion Jones

Starting caliber talent

Jake Matthews, Ridley, Hooper, Ricardo Allen, Takk

I've come to the resolution that this team is just not very good, but they're not very bad either...the same as last year, they lack a legit OL, and a consistent pass rush...same problems from LY.

While they did a pretty good job of upgrading the OL...just getting hit with a barrage of injuries again....but they didn't on DEF...instead of spending the $12 mil on Beasley and banking on Quinn to coach him up, they should've taken that money and added to it get a legit pass rusher.

cooljack

Destroyer of Worlds
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quinn's defensive scheme only works with good tacklers in the secondary and a good pass rush. We've got neither.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quinn's defensive scheme only works with good tacklers in the secondary and a good pass rush. We've got neither.
Losing Neal takes one of the best tacklers on the team off the field, but they knew what they were going to battle with in terms of pass rush and they decided to pay Vic....he's playing with a lot of energy, just not getting the QB on the ground.

Only have 5 sacks in 4 games when they knew this was a problem area last year...not so much sacks, but this is the kind of stuff that will get you fired.

cooljack

Destroyer of Worlds
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We cant block worth crap either. Sans 1-3.

cooljack

Destroyer of Worlds
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They look dead in the water right now. No emotion no sense of desperation.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They look dead in the water right now. No emotion no sense of desperation.

IMO @ HOU is make or break so they better have some desperation this week.

Win it, and I think they will follow up with another win @ AZ to go 3-3 with LAR, SEA, bye, @ NO, TB coming up and a real chance to get back into it.

On the flip, if they lose to HOU, I can see the season slipping away even if they beat AZ.