• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Judge Recommends Suspension of 6 Games for Deshaun Watson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct about the regs but have missed one thing.
It is likely that Goodell has talked to Ross ahead of the announcement, since he is Goodell's boss and all......
I don't think I follow this....

??

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough call for both Rog/NFL and Watson. Well, easy call for watson now to just sit on his hands and do nothing. But if the NFL appeals, which means Rog adds to the suspension? sure, can go to court and then likely play this season....but will he risk being suspended next year and losing part of his $46 mil as opposed to a mil?

For the NFL do they bow to current public pressure as opposed to getting ripped later for making the hearings a sham (and possibly having to go to a real court)?
If Watson opted to take it to court he would lose. It's in the CBA, Rog can do as Rog wants. Now some crazy liberal judge may say Rog's punishment is too harsh? But the judge not the former judge and now abitrator would likely meet Rog half way. Watson looses more time and money.

If Rog sits on this he'll feel the wrath of the female fans. How great of an impact will that be? Who knows. But it will affect the bottom line. Thus contracts will start to shrink. Everyone will love Watson then.

Rock meet hard place.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watson has actually made money from this shit so far

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Watson opted to take it to court he would lose. It's in the CBA, Rog can do as Rog wants. Now some crazy liberal judge may say Rog's punishment is too harsh? But the judge not the former judge and now abitrator would likely meet Rog half way. Watson looses more time and money.

If Rog sits on this he'll feel the wrath of the female fans. How great of an impact will that be? Who knows. But it will affect the bottom line. Thus contracts will start to shrink. Everyone will love Watson then.

Rock meet hard place.
Fairly certain an agreed to CBA can be reviewed in court if the court believes they did not really uphold the intent. NFL cares about merch sales and ratings. Could either go down if Rog upholds this? Sure....but they rarely do. I mean, if he makes it 8 games or even 10 the complainers will complain regardless.

A judge would need to be crazy to agree with a former peer's ruling?

I do agree there will be consequences for either side if the NFL does not accept the 6 games. Not an easy choice for either how to play it.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fairly certain an agreed to CBA can be reviewed in court if the court believes they did not really uphold the intent. NFL cares about merch sales and ratings. Could either go down if Rog upholds this? Sure....but they rarely do. I mean, if he makes it 8 games or even 10 the complainers will complain regardless.

A judge would need to be crazy to agree with a former peer's ruling?

I do agree there will be consequences for either side if the NFL does not accept the 6 games. Not an easy choice for either how to play it.
We've already seen how this plays out with Brady.

The intent is clear as day. Watson did something that threatens the shield. Case closed.

The only people who would complain if Rog increases the # of gamez are Brown fans.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've already seen how this plays out with Brady.

The intent is clear as day. Watson did something that threatens the shield. Case closed.

The only people who would complain if Rog increases the # of gamez are Brown fans.
Not really comparable as Brady's was an onfield/competitive issue (even though I thought it was way overblown). Don't kid yourself, though....didn't say people will complain if he raises it but if he raises it only to 8 or 10 games many of the complainers will say it's still not enough.

NFLPA will also complain if Rog increases it. Browns have a huge fan base, I realize, but I don't think non Browns players are Browns fans.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NFL: "8 game suspension unless he was assaulting a women at the time, then 2"

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ross is an nfl owner, paying Goodell's salary. They have likely already come to an agreement.
To not extend the suspension on Watson?

I'm lost...I think you may have gotten post crossed...I didn't mention anything about Ross, or the Dolphins....

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, he said only Browns fans would care. Now that it's happened I'm waiting to see how long it is. I think I'd rather have a full year and get Jimmy G then have it be, say, 10 games.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, he said only Browns fans would care. Now that it's happened I'm waiting to see how long it is. I think I'd rather have a full year and get Jimmy G then have it be, say, 10 games.
I don’t expect a year, maybe they will agree to 10 or 12 games and move on.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While I think pretty much everyone feels he deserves a longer suspension (and probably much longer) I disagree with Goodell "significantly" increasing it. I think if you do that you expose how ridiculous the whole process is and I don't think you want to do that on Judge Robinson's first case. The illusion of a fair hearing goes completely out the window if you do that IMO
And not a soul was surprised… because even if I agreed with 6 games (I don’t) Goodell was never going to settle for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.