• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Josh Gordon to the Seahawks

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one will end up in a puff of smoke

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Low risk move. He's not costing hardly anything and no long term commitment. It's not something I would have expected given that we already have DK Metcalf who seems ready to take on a bigger load earlier than most expected, but we also just lost a big target in Dissly and of course traded one away in Vannett.

Could be done specifically to try to beat SF? That's probably when Gordon's first chance to play will be, and if SF's D is vulnerable it's in the secondary.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Gordon have any punt/kick off return experience?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No risk move. Probably won't get anything out of him but it can't hurt.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tell you what a Lockett/Metcalf/Gordon 3 WR set looks a LOT better than Changing out Gordon with Brown or Moore. At least on Paper it does. How it turns out is yet to be seen but i do not expect to much if anything from him. Low risk with a possible high reward.

Mofo

Infamous Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,979.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Low risk move. He's not costing hardly anything and no long term commitment. It's not something I would have expected given that we already have DK Metcalf who seems ready to take on a bigger load earlier than most expected, but we also just lost a big target in Dissly and of course traded one away in Vannett.

Could be done specifically to try to beat SF? That's probably when Gordon's first chance to play will be, and if SF's D is vulnerable it's in the secondary.
Yeah, I like it. Prorated $1M annual salary. He'll run simplified routes for awhile and be an effective decoy, I think.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the addition because I believe he will be a better receiver than David Moore and Jaron Brown, my only concern is that I've heard he has had a lot of difficulty in separation and that many of his catches have been contested.

If he plays like he did in 2018 then he would be a great addition to our offense since we love to use those play action plays to open up the deep pass.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the addition because I believe he will be a better receiver than David Moore and Jaron Brown, my only concern is that I've heard he has had a lot of difficulty in separation and that many of his catches have been contested.

If he plays like he did in 2018 then he would be a great addition to our offense since we love to use those play action plays to open up the deep pass.

i Said that in my post but he will also retard Moore's growth if he has more to go. This will then have a knock on effect to all the other WR lower than Moore for growth or chance there of this season. If the Pats let him go there was a good reason for it so my hopes are not high on this turning out very good.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why some are skeptical... He's not brought in to be our starter right now so he's not going to mess up our chemistry... If he doesn't work out, he doesn't work out, we didn't invest anything into him but a #28 Waive Wire pick that we gave up to move down to #32... That's it... If he doesn't help and make plays for us as a #3 or #4 option, that's a plus... He's an upgrade over J. Brown and D. Brown imo...

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i Said that in my post but he will also retard Moore's growth if he has more to go. This will then have a knock on effect to all the other WR lower than Moore for growth or chance there of this season. If the Pats let him go there was a good reason for it so my hopes are not high on this turning out very good.

I will say that the Pats will tend to make personnel decisions that aren't completely related to performance on the field. They ditched Michael Bennett after not playing him much despite the fact that from all accounts he played well while on the field.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope he will not thats what Pete said.

ARE YOU FUCKING!? OKAY FORUM, THIS IS BULLSHIT WE ACQUIRE SOME WEED DUDE WHO CAN BALL AND THEN WE DON'T EVEN START HIM!? OKAY GAME, I THOUGHT THIS WAS AMERICA!?

It's fine everything is fine, everyone calm down.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ARE YOU FUCKING!? OKAY FORUM, THIS IS BULLSHIT WE ACQUIRE SOME WEED DUDE WHO CAN BALL AND THEN WE DON'T EVEN START HIM!? OKAY GAME, I THOUGHT THIS WAS AMERICA!?

It's fine everything is fine, everyone calm down.
images

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Gordon gets on the field it is a win for the Hawks. His reputation alone makes DC’s concentrate part of their game plan on him opening up the running game. A fake threat sometimes is as good as a real threat.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a no brainer good add, imo. Virtually nothing given up and even if he has lost a step, Russell will get the ball to him. It just gives opposing defenses one more guy to have to watch. I'm not really worried too much about the whole " can't get seperation" narrative. He likely won't be getting coverage from the other teams #1 CB, imo and if by some wierd chance he does, it's great for Lockett and Metcalf. I also think he can help Metcalf. It's really a win all around if he gives us 1/2 a season of any decent production. He's excited to be playing with a great QB and we could very well see something special when they get in sync. RW has proven that he can get the ball to any WR and if Josh is even 75% of his former self, this could be fantastic when the play-offs roll around. I also think this is a great add for Russell and the MVP season he's putting together.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

well this one wasn't weed related so puff of smoke doesn't fit. *breaks back patter*

not to many people assumed he would make it the whole year lol. The Pats released him for a reason, they were force feeding him peds in his food then when he got tested they said nope we will dump him before this comes back as a positive test lol.