• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Josh Gordon on your team

Would you want your team to trade a decent draft pick for Josh Gordon?

• Yes

• No

• I'd like to have him but only if the trade compensation was really cheap

• Potato salad

Results are only viewable after voting.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is going to trade for him without a clean drug test. That's where this charade ends.
Why would you drug test him? Just use him as long as you can until the league bans him.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you drug test him? Just use him as long as you can until the league bans him.

Are you serious? He has to be drug tested and he has to abide by the rules. The NFL is full of 20 somethings with a shit load of money. Letting them run wild doing any drug they want would destroy the players and the league. Only a complete moron would run a business like that.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think someone is trolling people in this thread ....

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i heard someone on the radio saying that Gordon prefers to play for the Cowboys or 49ers ......... I don't think he's going to get to pick and choose. I'm sure the Browns want maximum draft pick. They certainly don't owe Gordon anything. He screwed them time and time again.
They never really fought for him either. They applied no pressure on the NFLPA, nor on the NFL, with the intent of keeping him on the field.

Not saying they should send him where he wants to go, but let's accurately understand that it's an abusive relationship both ways before we assume the Browns want revenge.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles might be forced to go for him.

As it is, Mike Wallace might be out for the season. Which means that the Eagles' depth chart looks like this (bolded are out):

- Alshon Jeffery (out , just returned to some form of practice)
- Nelson Agholor
- Mike Wallace (out, at least for a big part of the season)
- Mack Hollins (on IR, might return)
- Shelton Gibson
- DeAndre Carter
- Kamar Aiken

So as it is, for next week, the Eagles are expected to field the worst WR group in the NFL (by a long shot). If the Eagles had had only a half decent nr 2 WR last Sunday, they probably would have won.

As much as it pains me to say this. I would rather have Dez Bryant than Josh Gordon.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you serious? He has to be drug tested

To change teams? News to me, and sounds like you made that up because it's convenient for your argument.

The NFL is full of 20 somethings with a shit load of money. Letting them run wild doing any drug they want would destroy the players and the league. Only a complete moron would run a business like that.

Why would they all run around doing any drug they want? Wild assumption by you. A better assumption is that the best players would play and the worst players wouldn't. The best, most stable, dependable players would get paid and the worse, less stable, more inconsistent players would get paid less. Like it is now, but with a larger starting pool to start from.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To change teams? News to me, and sounds like you made that up because it's convenient for your argument.

You have a player that has a history of drug problems. If he wants to sign he has to submit to testing. It makes sense. I did not make anything up. Players often agree to clauses in their contracts when they have had past issues. It is called protecting yourself.

Why would they all run around doing any drug they want? Wild assumption by you. A better assumption is that the best players would play and the worst players wouldn't. The best, most stable, dependable players would get paid and the worse, less stable, more inconsistent players would get paid less. Like it is now, but with a larger starting pool to start from.

Your argument are beyond ridiculous. Drug testing is a deterent. It is a requirement for employment and there isn't a business in america that does not have a drug testing policy.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol... trade a 6th round pick for him today and find out he's ineligible to play tomorrow? Doesn't work that way.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have a player that has a history of drug problems. If he wants to sign he has to submit to testing. It makes sense. I did not make anything up. Players often agree to clauses in their contracts when they have had past issues. It is called protecting yourself.

Your argument are beyond ridiculous. Drug testing is a deterent. It is a requirement for employment and there isn't a business in america that does not have a drug testing policy.
Both of your paragraphs are incorrect.

There are businesses that don't. Fact.
If I cared about correcting your ignorance I'd list them here:

The team can get some value out of him if they don't test him. If they do test him he can't sign and they get zero value.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a couple things on here good. Besides his playmaking skill on the field, his contract status is nice. $800k this year and RFA next year so can tender him without breaking the bank if he stays clean.

But the guy managed to fail a drug testing program put in place that makes it so so hard to fail. I don't see a team trading more than a 6/7th conditional.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's gotta pass a physical for the trade to be official. Full physicals always include blood and urine testing. You do the math.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Levon Bell says "HI"!

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots are a good fit for him.