• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jordan Matthews in Philly for physical

Sparky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez?
TO?
OCHO?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought that would happen.
Wentz always trusted him.

More no speed though. Can we just be a ball control jordan Howard and 2 TE offense please. Thanks, Doug.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Quick failed his physical! Too bad, he can run a 4.8 forty! :D

Seriously: Eagles reportedly reached out to Torrey Smith, who is staying retired
This is pretty pathetic if Howie truly reached out for To rrey Smith. Again, he played this injury to DJack as bad as it gets. He had a chance to make a trade, claim Josh Gordon, or find elsewhere to cover your ass if the worse case scenario occurs. Howie did not and now he's reaching out for guys that are retired vets. Wtf?

downundermike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is pretty pathetic if Howie truly reached out for To rrey Smith. Again, he played this injury to DJack as bad as it gets. He had a chance to make a trade, claim Josh Gordon, or find elsewhere to cover your ass if the worse case scenario occurs. Howie did not and now he's reaching out for guys that are retired vets. Wtf?

Not accurate. At the end of the day, it is up to the player if he wants to rehab or have surgery, and the team, owner, GM and coach can not force him under the knife.

As for acquiring another WR, yes, Howie could have claimed Gordon, but you can not force a team to trade a player for the compensation you are offering.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not accurate. At the end of the day, it is up to the player if he wants to rehab or have surgery, and the team, owner, GM and coach can not force him under the knife.

As for acquiring another WR, yes, Howie could have claimed Gordon, but you can not force a team to trade a player for the compensation you are offering.
We all wanted Desean, but knew it was risky. Howie did not have a plan B. That is failure.

Now Doug has to save his ass by re-working the offense. We'll see.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is that thing again....that thing where they GREATLY value players that already know their system. I have never fully understood.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all wanted Desean, but knew it was risky. Howie did not have a plan B. That is failure.

Now Doug has to save his ass by re-working the offense. We'll see.
This was my point. There was no backup plan.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Howie has been asleep at the wheel this year. Disappointing for a guy who was regarded as one of the best GM's in the league.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What bothers me is that he knew he was cutting Sendejo to get that extra 4th round comp pick so he did have some extra ammo to go get someone.
Yup. Here me out here. I like Jordan Mathews, but the fact is that he doesn't provide the speed that DJack has. If I'm not mistaken, didn't Mathews have issues catching the ball quite a bit in the past as well? I'm not convinced that Doug and Groh will change up the offense that much different now. However, I'm hoping that we do see more running plays by Howard from here. Let's hope for the best.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howie has been asleep at the wheel this year. Disappointing for a guy who was regarded as one of the best GM's in the league.
Yup. Howie has done a great job. He dropped the ball on this one though. Only time will tell.