• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jordan Love Time?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,771.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp, Aaron's got some "injured ribs" now so probably.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screw the team Aaron is more important.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there is zero chance they move on from Rodgers. For people dreaming of this scenario.
He would cost the team over 99 mil in dead cap next year if they moved on from him after this year.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect that if Green Bay actually tried to trade Rodgers, they could get a team like the Niners or Raiders to take him. But I suspect they don't ever want to risk him going somewhere else and winning a ring.

Love looked intriguing last night, but is Green Bay mathematically eliminated? I think it makes sense to sit Rodgers now to let him get healthy but until the team if mathematically out of it, I suspect they will try playing him until he completely breaks down.
Kind of like how they tried to do to Favre.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Rodgers talks about hanging um up to get the coach out.

It would not be out of character for him, but I think he thinks that he can't win there, (because he got paid) So now he'll likely force a trade.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all this woman's fault!

olivia munn mouth GIF

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guarantee you that Green Bay FO is regretting signing him to the deal they gave him last year. 2021 he was an MVP type of player. This year he is just ho-hum. They would happily move on from him and to Love if Rodgers contract didnt MAJORLY complicate the situation.

Green Bay flat out can not cut Rodgers. Cap hit is too high. They can trade him though. But the question now becomes whether another team would want to take him on (I would think they could find a taker....but wont get back a lot in compensation now. Sort of a Matt Ryan type of trade).

The other problem is that they have to grant the 5th year option to Love before next year even starts. And it would mean guaranteeing him around $20M for one season. They cant do that unless they know they wont have Rodgers on the roster that 2024 season.

Long and short is that one of the two guys is getting traded this coming offseason.

they should've avoided this issue but just drafting Michael Pittman and likely having another ring right now.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there is zero chance they move on from Rodgers. For people dreaming of this scenario.
He would cost the team over 99 mil in dead cap next year if they moved on from him after this year.
I agree @Schmoopy1000 but their other problem is if they don't play Love enough to actually see what he's got, they are also screwed because A) they can't make an informed decision on whether to extend him for when Rodgers retires or B) they can't get a decent return in a trade. Of course, the flipside of that is if he stinks, they also get nothing for him but at least they will know what to do after 2023 when A.R. is gone. I think if they can even play Love 4-5 games, it's a good move.
They aren't "mathematically" eliminated but anybody can see they aren't making the play-offs. Rodgers banged up is a perfect time just to see what the organizations options are but Aaron is likely too stubborn and selfish to sit down and let the kid play. Besides, he wants to beat the Bears again, like he hasn't had enough of that, lol. The thing is a beat up Bears team would also be a good starting point for Love so it's a tough call.