• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jon Kitna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wedgie

My 8yr old me would love 59yo me.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A great story about him at Breitbart (Sports).

Definitely worth a read.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't really liked him that much when he played for the hawks. But this story got me to become a huge fan of his and he fact that he's usin the money to donate to the school he's coaching is awesome

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't really liked him that much when he played for the hawks. But this story got me to become a huge fan of his and he fact that he's usin the money to donate to the school he's coaching is awesome

A couple of years ago, he spearheaded the efforts to save his school from financial decay and raised a shit ton of money (and donated himself) in order to keep the athletic programs available. Jon Kitna was never Joe Montana, but I always thought he was so under appreciated as a starter and has always been a class act. How many situations was he brought into to be that "veteran presence" as a backup to some hot shot draft pick only to earn the bulk of the playing time through leadership, moxie, and a true understanding of what he was doing.

Always been a fan of the guy and when i found out he was this giving off the field as well, my respect for him grew exponentially.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This country's biggest problem is the decay of fatherhood, and Kitna has taken on the responsibility of so many derelict dads in what he has done at his high school. He should get more attention than he does, and so should our national problem of men not raising their kids.

The garbage this country seems so interested in, like homosexuality, is a complete disgrace. If we want to fix the bulk of our problems, we would make a national issue out of fatherhood.

This country deserves everything it gets, I hate to say.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of years ago, he spearheaded the efforts to save his school from financial decay and raised a shit ton of money (and donated himself) in order to keep the athletic programs available. Jon Kitna was never Joe Montana, but I always thought he was so under appreciated as a starter and has always been a class act. How many situations was he brought into to be that "veteran presence" as a backup to some hot shot draft pick only to earn the bulk of the playing time through leadership, moxie, and a true understanding of what he was doing.

Always been a fan of the guy and when i found out he was this giving off the field as well, my respect for him grew exponentially.

I hadn't heard of that. Thanks for sharing! Huge respect for Kitna. :suds:

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Kitna as a person but got annoyed with him just because he played like trash when he was in Seattle and played well everywhere else.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What that guy is doing for Lincoln HS is commendable. There's a lot of superstars that like to do their 5 minute photo ops to make themselves look good, but Kitna is putting himself in the trenches and fighting the good fight.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always liked Kitna and lets not forget he had the Hawks at 8-2 until Joey Galloway single-handedly ruined the chemistry of that team. He was very much a under rated player through out his career.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kitna, another great Tacoman!

One of my best friends is a teacher at Lincoln and he's told me their budget constraints are brutal. That school needs all the help it can get.

Both he and Trufant do great things for the community down in T-Town.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always liked Kitna and even have a jersey of his, but i'll never forget us starting out 8-2 behind him and ending up 9-7.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This country's biggest problem is the decay of fatherhood, and Kitna has taken on the responsibility of so many derelict dads in what he has done at his high school. He should get more attention than he does, and so should our national problem of men not raising their kids.

The garbage this country seems so interested in, like homosexuality, is a complete disgrace. If we want to fix the bulk of our problems, we would make a national issue out of fatherhood.

Um... :wtf2:

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
read the article, he talks about coming back from football camp at the UW and a bunch of the kids had NOBODY waiting for them to pick em up. Their parents just dont give a fuck, and I mostly blame their dads. When my sons go to football camp, I will be there to pick em up when its over just like my dad was there for me.

Kitna is taking on the burden that their real fathers want nothing to do with and without him the likelihood is that these boys end up being criminals or killed in the streets by their peers.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
read the article, he talks about coming back from football camp at the UW and a bunch of the kids had NOBODY waiting for them to pick em up. Their parents just dont give a fuck, and I mostly blame their dads. When my sons go to football camp, I will be there to pick em up when its over just like my dad was there for me.

Kitna is taking on the burden that their real fathers want nothing to do with and without him the likelihood is that these boys end up being criminals or killed in the streets by their peers.
Gotya, I just assumed the article was about how he's donating his game check and all.

Wedgie

My 8yr old me would love 59yo me.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think you found the answer Snugs! Two fathers. That way if one is busy working 2 jobs to make ends meet, the other one can pick up his kids from football practice.

Sounds like you and tzorn should get together and have a discussion about exclusive bigotry. Don't forget to leave room in the middle for Jesus though. Don't want to be tempted by the flesh and have others making judgements about you and your eternal destiny.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, was my name mentioned? I was busy watching reruns of 'All In The Family'.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Someone loves their AM radio programming. Truth is, the country as a whole isn't all that interested in homosexuality. Its the religious right that is. If two dudes want to marry, then guess what? They won't have any kids to bother not raising.

I will agree though that there has been decay of the moral fabric in this country but to lump it into homosexuality is a total red herring

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone loves their AM radio programming. Truth is, the country as a whole isn't all that interested in homosexuality. Its the religious right that is. If two dudes want to marry, then guess what? They won't have any kids to bother not raising.

I will agree though that there has been decay of the moral fabric in this country but to lump it into homosexuality is a total red herring

Maybe you should read snuggles post again, he stated that people are wasting time worrying about things that don't matter, like homosexuality, when they should be worrying about things that actually do matter like fatherhood.

Status
Not open for further replies.