• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

John Thompson Passes Away

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate they gave a title to ewencee when all they had to do was throw it up in the air above everybody else and let Patrick Ewing get it and dunk it.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn RIP Lute Olson and John Thompson. College basketball lost a huge piece of history with those two passing.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate they gave a title to ewencee when all they had to do was throw it up in the air above everybody else and let Patrick Ewing get it and dunk it.

I always had a lot of respect for the coach with the white towel draped across his shoulder. RIP

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always had a lot of respect for the coach with the white towel draped across his shoulder. RIP

I went to a Big East/ ACC Challenge double header back in the day and had damn good tickets near the floor. Georgetown played Virginia in the first game and Duke played St. Johns in the second game in Greensboro. I remember John Thompson at halftime of his game when he spotted Fred Barakat(Head of ACC Officials) talking to an official right before the second half was to begin. Thompson started yelling and pointing, "Who is he talking to? What are you doing here? Why is he talking to him? Raising hell and walking towards the official and Barakat. Barakat just took off out of there as fast as he could go. I had more respect for Thompson after that.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to a Big East/ ACC Challenge double header back in the day and had damn good tickets near the floor. Georgetown played Virginia in the first game and Duke played St. Johns in the second game in Greensboro. I remember John Thompson at halftime of his game when he spotted Fred Barakat(Head of ACC Officials) talking to an official right before the second half was to begin. Thompson started yelling and pointing, "Who is he talking to? What are you doing here? Why is he talking to him? Raising hell and walking towards the official and Barakat. Barakat just took off out of there as fast as he could go. I had more respect for Thompson after that.

Great story!