• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

John (Mr Ed) Elway, what a......

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I know how it works. I don't buy that the Denver's slight elevation change is an advantage for the home team. You don't hear HS teams from the front range crying about going to play a school in the mountains.

Slight elevation change? Slight? It isn't about whether teams cry about it or not. It's about science. Fact. You apparently, have no idea how it works.

Aaaagain....It. Is. Not. Debatable.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your right and Brady thrives in those games like nobody else, I think he is like 48-6 in games under 32 degrees. Altitude can be a little tough for unconditioned athletes, just like the heat. Pats played real good in first half of game vs Miami but fell apart in 2nd half as I think the guys weren't used to playing in 85-80 degree weather. Last 10 years NE has the best HFA and Balt is second, is it the stadiums, QB's or teams?

I think it's kinda like race horses, some run better on grass, some mudders, and some on dry dirt tracks....
Joe does play good in bad weather, now if only we can get him some receivers that do also....
I'm wise enough to know that whether it's Montana, Unitas, Staubach or any of the greats under center, they can't win by themselves, they need a lot of help from team mates to get the job done in this league....
That's why an awesome D can help a bum like Dilfer win a SB....
Who said you need a HOF qb to win the big one ? Not so !!
By the way, Trent Dilfer would like to thank Trent Dilfer for that win....:pound: can't resist, it's pure gold !!

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I know how it works. I don't buy that the Denver's slight elevation change is an advantage for the home team. You don't hear HS teams from the front range crying about going to play a school in the mountains.

1 mile is a slight elevation change? :scratch:

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SI says Denver's HFA ranks behind SEA, KC and NO.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many things cause a HFA; elevation, heat, cold, crowd noise, ect. Teams deal with it and accept it. To say a player was hyped or overrated because he played somewhere with a HFA is stupid.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many things cause a HFA; elevation, heat, cold, crowd noise, ect. Teams deal with it and accept it. To say a player was hyped or overrated because he played somewhere with a HFA is stupid.

Well. we agree about that.....

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway might have lost money playing at high elevation.
I understand that the high elevation might have elongated his face and resulted in fewer endorsements.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning the Super Bowl has more to do with teamwork than with great QB's unless you consider Eli Manning and Trent Dilfer great QB's

Of course I can find an exception to the rule and still stay under the J Elway radar of this thread GG.

On January 31, 1988, in San Diego, California, Doug Williams of the Washington Redskins becomes the first African-American quarterback to play in a Super Bowl, scoring four of Washington’s five touchdowns in an upset 42-10 victory over the Denver Broncos in Super Bowl XXII.

Denver was favored to win the game, and they started strong, as star quarterback John Elway threw a 56-yard touchdown pass to Ricky Nattiel on the team’s first play from scrimmage. Williams injured his knee shortly thereafter and was replaced for two plays by Jay Schroeder. By the beginning of the second quarter, the Broncos were ahead 10-0. All that changed, however, when Williams and the Redskins began to obliterate the Denver defense, scoring 35 points in the quarter, the most points ever for a single postseason quarter in National Football League (NFL) history.
:clap:

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let's see, those players live there, practice there and their body has adjusted to the thin air over time.
The opponents come in and have to keep getting oxygen on the sidelines between plays...
If it's stupid to you for someone to think that is an advantage, then you need to grab the oxygen tank, brother, you're a little short on it in the chrome dome at the moment...:rollseyes:

mr-ed-tv-show.jpg

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway might have lost money playing at high elevation.
I understand that the high elevation might have elongated his face and resulted in fewer endorsements.

:ipw:

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see, those players live there, practice there and their body has adjusted to the thin air over time.
The opponents come in and have to keep getting oxygen on the sidelines between plays...
If it's stupid to you for someone to think that is an advantage, then you need to grab the oxygen tank, brother, you're a little short on it in the chrome dome at the moment...:rollseyes:

How about a team like Miami playing in 80-85 degree heat all winter? Do you think they have an advantage when NE, Buffalo or NY comes down? Do you think Seattle or KC or Baltimore has a huge HFA when teams go there due to how load it is?