• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

John (Mr Ed) Elway, what a......

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok,Broncos boss John Elway gets 3-year extension, General Manager added to his title | Fox News call me out bitches. Elway was given the title of General Manager in 2014. He is now in his sophomore year as general manager. Bring your "A game" bitches!!!!

Broncos boss John Elway gets 3-year extension, General Manager added to his title | Fox News

And you call yourselves Broncos fans!!!!!!

He's been running the show for 4 years. The first 3 as Executive VP of Football. He was de-facto GM the whole time. Well, the first year Xanders was official GM but was let go after the season.

OldSchool your dislike for Elway seems much deeper than some draft day trade. COme on bud, let it out. The truth will set you free

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok,Broncos boss John Elway gets 3-year extension, General Manager added to his title | Fox News call me out bitches. Elway was given the title of General Manager in 2014. He is now in his sophomore year as general manager. Bring your "A game" bitches!!!!

Broncos boss John Elway gets 3-year extension, General Manager added to his title | Fox News

And you call yourselves Broncos fans!!!!!!

Okay, I was wrong -- technically. Regardless of what his title was before this year, Elway has basically run Denver's football operations for four years. For example, as noted in the piece you linked, he hired Fox four years ago.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, I was wrong -- technically. Regardless of what his title was before this year, Elway has basically run Denver's football operations for four years. For example, as noted in the piece you linked, he hired Fox four years ago.

Truth. I'm sorry to southie..and i bet you probably weren't in that reality show.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you gentlemen. Yes, I was saved by a technicality. Remember 2 things:

1)I hate Elway not Denver or their fans,
2)This is Elway's sophomore season as GM - how is it going so far?????

Elway - having his Kaepernick season.....

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you gentlemen. Yes, I was saved by a technicality. Remember 2 things:

1)I hate Elway not Denver or their fans,
2)This is Elway's sophomore season as GM - how is it going so far?????

Elway - having his Kaepernick season.....

Obviously too soon to know, but he certainly isn't being complacent!

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see the following fan bases hating Elway as a player for obvious reasons:

AFC West teams (including Seattle)
Cleveland
Baltimore
Maybe NE? He used to beat the crap out of them constantly, but the Pats weren't really relevant during the Elway years and '85 was a one hit wonder.

Elway was a legit 2 sport athlete out of college so his holding out from the Colts definitely wasn't ludicrous.

Eli on the other hand, I guess could have made pizzas for his Brother's pizzerias.

Anyone who thinks Elway isn't a top 5 QB all time is a fucking idiot. He's both hated and loved because he was great.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cleveland
Baltimore
Maybe NE? He used to beat the crap out of them constantly, but the Pats weren't really relevant during the Elway years and '85 was a one hit wonder.

Elway was a legit 2 sport athlete out of college so his holding out from the Colts definitely wasn't ludicrous.

Eli on the other hand, I guess could have made pizzas for his Brother's pizzerias.

Anyone who thinks Elway isn't a top 5 QB all time is a fucking idiot. He's both hated and loved because he was great.

I have been surprised over the years how many people have called Elway an overrated player. Only thing I can figure is that those people never saw him play.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been surprised over the years how many people have called Elway an overrated player. Only thing I can figure is that those people never saw him play.

He was a great player, but at the same time, an overrated one for sure.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cleveland
Baltimore

I concur Elway was one helluva of a QB and competitor. Any QB that can lead his team to 5 SB's is top 5 in my eyes 7 days a week

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hated Elway, a lot! I spent many sunday afternoons screaming "get that horseface bastard" while watching the then AFC west Seahawks.

When they finally beat that sombitch in the superbowl, it made up for a little. Totally dominating and clown stomping them also helped a little bit. Elway wasn't playing but he was in the stands. Close enough. It was his team.

I am now over my hate for everything Bronco's and Elway. Just a curiosity to see how he does as a GM.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I did and he was, from beginning to end, above average but way over hyped.....
Plus he looks like Mr Ed for real...."Wil-bur"

16_LFW_KubiakElway_instory.jpg

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I googled top 5 QBs of all time and looked at all the lists out there from all different sources. Elway was in the T-5 of most lists and certainly well within T-10 on the others, but nevermind that if guys on the hoop says he was average, well then he must be average.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I googled top 5 QBs of all time and looked at all the lists out there from all different sources. Elway was in the T-5 of most lists and certainly well within T-10 on the others, but nevermind that if guys on the hoop says he was average, well then he must be average.

Those lists are mostly voted on by fans, and you do realize that many fans have never seen Johnny U, Montana, Starr, Graham etc play the game, so their vote is very uninformed.
And the ones that aren't voted by fans are analyst and such that have an opinion of their own as we do.
Polls are simply a popularity contest as in politics, depending on what group of people you poll, and in what part of the country you poll them....
It's encouraging to hear them puffing up one of your own but the reality is, it's just another biased opinion....
No one can put a formula on the "it factor", but you can see it at work on the field, some have it and some don't.....But be careful not to confuse it with dumb luck though.....

mr-ed.jpg

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm sure that there are a lot more message board posters who call Elway "overrated" or "average" than there are coaches who coached against him and players who played against him. There are legitimate reasons that he's in the HOF and widely considered among the best QBs to have ever played.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure that there are a lot more message board posters who call Elway "overrated" or "average" than there are coaches who coached against him and players who played against him. There are legitimate reasons that he's in the HOF and widely considered among the best QBs to have ever played.

And that is certainly an unbiased opinion, huh ?????:rollseyes:

1314927907_2.jpg

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And HOF'r Elway will be making off with half the Ravens coaching staff. Must be eating away at people there.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eli could have made pizzas for his Brother's pizzerias.

Eli could make pizzas or beat New England in the Super Bowl. Elway is a top 10 all time QB but not top 5.

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was Elway the greatest? No.

Was Elway one of the greats? Definitely one of the top 10 modern era, though some might discount that due to his atrocious SB stats, in fact Elway is experiencing what he suffered as a player, great regular season and a spiral down into the postseason, culminating in disasterous Super Bowl performances.

Did I like Elway as a fan? No. Hated him, one of the ultimate diva QBs. I will qualify that by allowing it was a genetic disorder.

I think he is better as a GM, it will be interesting to see how this latest episode plays out for him, and the Bronchos.

:whistle:

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was Elway the greatest? No.

Was Elway one of the greats? Definitely one of the top 10 modern era, though some might discount that due to his atrocious SB stats, in fact Elway is experiencing what he suffered as a player, great regular season and a spiral down into the postseason, culminating in disasterous Super Bowl performances.

Did I like Elway as a fan? No. Hated him, one of the ultimate diva QBs. I will qualify that by allowing it was a genetic disorder.

I think he is better as a GM, it will be interesting to see how this latest episode plays out for him, and the Bronchos.

:whistle:

I think a lot of people misunderstand this. When Elway had strong teams to help him, he helped those teams win two consecutive SBs. When the Broncos got blown out by NYG, SF, and Washignton, they were overachieving teams that would never have even made the SB were it not for Elway's heroics in the playoffs.