• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

John Morrison reportedly returning to WWE.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty surprised by this. I figured he was going to AEW, especially since he's appeared in several Being The Elite videos over the last year.

But at the same time, he does have a lot of friends there in WWE. Miz is like his best friend (was in his wedding) and I think he's close with Ryder and Ziggler as well

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty surprised by this. I figured he was going to AEW, especially since he's appeared in several Being The Elite videos over the last year.

But at the same time, he does have a lot of friends there in WWE. Miz is like his best friend (was in his wedding) and I think he's close with Ryder and Ziggler as well
I was expecting him to show up in AEW as well but I’m sure Vince gave him a huge contract just to keep him away.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was expecting him to show up in AEW as well but I’m sure Vince gave him a huge contract just to keep him away.

My thoughts too. It's got to be a fat one because I remember several interviews from him over the years where Morrison said one of the reasons he was happy to be away from WWE was the how much of a grind it was (basically being on the road 350 days out of the year). To go back to that, you know he got paid

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But where do you put him?

IMO Kofi beats Lesnar and Morrison attacks Kofi. Setting up a HITC match.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol... pretty much ZERO chance Kofi beats Brock. Fox wants him to be the face on the show

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
My thoughts too. It's got to be a fat one because I remember several interviews from him over the years where Morrison said one of the reasons he was happy to be away from WWE was the how much of a grind it was (basically being on the road 350 days out of the year). To go back to that, you know he got paid

Between the AEW threat and the huge TV contracts from Fox/USA it wouldn't shock me if a wrestler like Morrison now has the leverage to ask for a reduced schedule from WWE.

Not a Lesnar deal but maybe 30 or 40 percent less dates on the road.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Between the AEW threat and the huge TV contracts from Fox/USA it wouldn't shock me if a wrestler like Morrison now has the leverage to ask for a reduced schedule from WWE.

Not a Lesnar deal but maybe 30 or 40 percent less dates on the road.

I don't think its 350 days a year anymore anyway. They touched on this a bit in the CM Punk interview at Starrcast when he was shocked to learn WWE gives people time off now. But it's still a lot of dates. WWE still does house shows, which AEW isn't (at the moment). So either way I feel AEW would be the lighter schedule

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No way. That's way too high profile. Morrison was never that high on the card when he was there before. No way they'd put him there on his first night back. He'll either go directly to the top of the NXT card (some fun potential match ups there with Cole, Gargano, Riddle, etc) or be put in that Samoa Joe/Ricochet/Miz high midcard level on Raw or SD

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't think its 350 days a year anymore anyway. They touched on this a bit in the CM Punk interview at Starrcast when he was shocked to learn WWE gives people time off now. But it's still a lot of dates. WWE still does house shows, which AEW isn't (at the moment). So either way I feel AEW would be the lighter schedule

The WWE run a lot of house shows but the roster is massive. If the veteran 40 year olds or the guys with families are willing to take less dates for less money the WWE will accommodate them. When Jericho left for AEW I don't think Vince precieved them as a threat. Jericho gave Vince the right to match the offer and he declined. I can't see him doing that to any wrestler with name recognition now.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way. That's way too high profile. Morrison was never that high on the card when he was there before. No way they'd put him there on his first night back. He'll either go directly to the top of the NXT card (some fun potential match ups there with Cole, Gargano, Riddle, etc) or be put in that Samoa Joe/Ricochet/Miz high midcard level on Raw or SD
I can see him in the midcard. Although I'd like him to re-form his team with Miz. I thought that they had good chemistry together, especially those skits they did exclusively for wwe.com

The WWE run a lot of house shows but the roster is massive. If the veteran 40 year olds or the guys with families are willing to take less dates for less money the WWE will accommodate them. When Jericho left for AEW I don't think Vince precieved them as a threat. Jericho gave Vince the right to match the offer and he declined. I can't see him doing that to any wrestler with name recognition now.
I feel like the only wrestlers he'd let walk at this point would be the 205 Live crew. Even guys like the Ascension will probably stay on the roster for the foreseeable future.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see him in the midcard. Although I'd like him to re-form his team with Miz. I thought that they had good chemistry together, especially those skits they did exclusively for wwe.com

I feel like the only wrestlers he'd let walk at this point would be the 205 Live crew. Even guys like the Ascension will probably stay on the roster for the foreseeable future.

The Miz/Morrison feud was great. I'm sure they'll revisit it at some point. It's one of the things I've been hoping for if he ever returned

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’ll end up running around with the rest of the jobbers trying to get the 24/7 title... :L