• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

John Fox and Broncos part ways

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW

So Elway hands him a aging QB with multiple neck surgeries and when said aging QB fails terribly (once again) he hands the HC his walking papers?

If a Pats fan said anything related to what you just said they would be tarred burned and feathered.

:wtf2:

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of you have no knowledge of the broncos given your comments.

1) Broncos are not in cap hell having mortgaged the future. They have room and if Manning were to retire or be cut that opens up more room.

2) Why get rid of everyone and start from scratch? Welker will go, but that was going to happen anyways. Julius Thomas will likely go, he is not worth the cost. Demaryius Thomas will get the tag or new contract.

3) This is not after 1 game. I guess you all don't remember that uninspired play last February or several games this season. The broncos are soft. They quit on games that don't start their way and have shown up dazed and confused in a lot of them.

A coaching change was bound to happen. Del Rio and/or Gase were candidates for other jobs. The surprising part is all three going a day after the season ended. I am sure Elway wanted to get started on a coaching search immediately.

Was it okay even if they won the Super Bowl?

Hard to say they would clean house after winning it all, so I would have to say this was pretty much a blindside, probably to everyone but PM, who knew he was done.

I would like to hear from a few more of our Bronco posters about that, I know what it feels like to be on top of the world one moment........

then not so much. :frown:

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of you have no knowledge of the broncos given your comments.

1) Broncos are not in cap hell having mortgaged the future. They have room and if Manning were to retire or be cut that opens up more room.

2) Why get rid of everyone and start from scratch? Welker will go, but that was going to happen anyways. Julius Thomas will likely go, he is not worth the cost. Demaryius Thomas will get the tag or new contract.

3) This is not after 1 game. I guess you all don't remember that uninspired play last February or several games this season. The broncos are soft. They quit on games that don't start their way and have shown up dazed and confused in a lot of them.

A coaching change was bound to happen. Del Rio and/or Gase were candidates for other jobs. The surprising part is all three going a day after the season ended. I am sure Elway wanted to get started on a coaching search immediately.

how much of this great receiving corp is accredited to manning throwing them the ball? he has a habit of making receivers look better than they are. example Eric decker. im not so sure if the Thomas twins would be less of a factor on other teams. or even if they remain on team what kind of numbers do they put up with oswelier under center.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW, I knew Mr Ed was a joke as GM but he even surprised me with his stupidity on this one....
That's a very good team, they just need a competent qb to either backup Peyton when he is injured or just get a young gun and go with him....
But dismantling the whole coaching staff that has got them in the playoffs every year and a SB last yr, someone needs to check him for drugs....That's drunken rage moves right there, ridiculous !!
They will see how hard it is to just get in the playoffs without good coaches and a no name qb.....It would be just if the owner delivered a pink slip and said "this one's for John".....
:lol:

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW, I knew Mr Ed was a joke as GM but he even surprised me with his stupidity on this one....
That's a very good team, they just need a competent qb to either backup Peyton when he is injured or just get a young gun and go with him....
But dismantling the whole coaching staff that has got them in the playoffs every year and a SB last yr, someone needs to check him for drugs....That's drunken rage moves right there, ridiculous !!
They will see how hard it is to just get in the playoffs without good coaches and a no name qb.....It would be just if the owner delivered a pink slip and said "this one's for John".....

Who cares about the fucking playoffs, when your coaches are too god damn stupid to realize their getting their ass kicked and fail to do anything about it they deserve to be fired.

We could win the AFC West for the next 20 years but John Fox and Jack Del Rio were never going to win a SB for us no matter what players they had so why keep them around? Oh that's right some idiots think it's ok to not win a SB as long as we make the playoffs every year :rollseyes:

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh...now I get it, people here don't give two shits about the Broncos or their coaching staff, people here just don't like John Elway.

Makes more sense now.

Ksfnslayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL is like the worst game of musical chairs. "hey, lets hire the guy who was a total failure in his last job!"

In Denver they just want everyone to be on the same page, apparently that's a little tricky. Sounds like they don't know for sure about anyone next year at Broncos. It's understandable why the playoff game went flat.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how much of this great receiving corp is accredited to manning throwing them the ball? he has a habit of making receivers look better than they are. example Eric decker. im not so sure if the Thomas twins would be less of a factor on other teams. or even if they remain on team what kind of numbers do they put up with oswelier under center.

That's idiotic. Anyone with a lick of football knowledge knew that Denver had one of the best emerging WR corp in the league before Manning even got there. It was just Tebow holding them back.

When they had Welker healthy that first year, it was the best 3 deep WR corp I've ever seen in my lifetime. They were all the perfect compliment to each other.

You give any average QB in this league that WR corp from that season and they have an amazing season.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams are under the impression that it's always the HC's fault.

For example, granted Mike Smith was a horrible head coach when it came to play calling and clock management (they would have made the Playoffs if he would have just run the ball and force Detroit and Cleveland to take timeouts, but instead he wanted to pass and, naturally, both of them were incomplete), and I'm definitely glad he's finally gone, but fixing that team is going to involve more than just ridding of Smith. The front office needs to fix the issues we have in the trenches on both sides of the ball, or whoever's the HC next season will struggle too.

ATL...spot on...not all Smith's fault, but you can't lose games from the sidelines and he did that more than once...good man, decent motivator, but struggled vs playoff caliber teams even when he had the talent to go all the way.

Fox...imo is a Smith clone, just more HC experience...I do not want to see him in ATL.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oldschool...I think it was a good move...I don't see the Broncos every week, but Fox has had very talented teams in CAR and now in DEN and simply can't get it done when it counts the most. The increase in the running game was the result of a mandate from the FO to take pressure off Manning...a lot of cap money was spent on the DEF, yet they underperformed.

Short hook I know, but I don't blame Elway...the window is closing fast in Colo.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Foxy was willing to settle as an asst I would love to see him in NE, but doubt he will. Plus with his health conditions, I don't think a high stressed job would be good for the ticker

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't fire a guy like Fox unless you already know who you are going to hire in his place and that he is an upgrade. Or else you are just an idiot.

So the question is: Who is it that Elway is targeting as the next head coach of the Broncos that represents an upgrade over Fox?

If the Broncos just start to interview people and fired Fox just for a change, then this will turn out almost certainly to be a mistake.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So Elway is a "joke" as a GM but he built a "very good team"..?

Makes sense.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares about the fucking playoffs, when your coaches are too god damn stupid to realize their getting their ass kicked and fail to do anything about it they deserve to be fired.

We could win the AFC West for the next 20 years but John Fox and Jack Del Rio were never going to win a SB for us no matter what players they had so why keep them around? Oh that's right some idiots think it's ok to not win a SB as long as we make the playoffs every year :rollseyes:

Who cares about the playoffs????? wow.... um well ill ask you that in 3 years after you've picked in the top 10 of the draft,,,, who cares about the playoffs.. jeezee. Oakland fans, jets fans phins,,,,you guys care about the playoffs?

Get to the dance and let the chips fall.....

your team was epically great last year..... just ran into the best defense this side of the 85 bears. nothing to be ashamed about there....

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If everyone watched the Broncos like most Broncos fans do, they'd understand Fox was useless as a gameday schemer. Him/Del RIo are supposed to be defensive minds, but watching the defense this year at times was painful and they are loaded with talent. Not to mention his cliche filled press conferences. Dude looked absolutely clueless and spewed the same nonsense after every loss.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If everyone watched the Broncos like most Broncos fans do, they'd understand Fox was useless as a gameday schemer. Him/Del RIo are supposed to be defensive minds, but watching the defense this year at times was painful and they are loaded with talent. Not to mention his cliche filled press conferences. Dude looked absolutely clueless and spewed the same nonsense after every loss.

After all 5 of his losses this year? Thats a reason to walk away?

Listen, your right, I dont watch the broncos as an invested fan like you do. But all im saying is the grass isn't always greener. You know the saying, no matter how hot a girl is, theres a guy out there thats tired of her @#$#2.........Well you just kicked the girl out of bed who earned you a first round playoff bye the last 3 years.... Let's see what your able to pick up from the bar now.

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After all 5 of his losses this year? Thats a reason to walk away?

Listen, your right, I dont watch the broncos as an invested fan like you do. But all im saying is the grass isn't always greener. You know the saying, no matter how hot a girl is, theres a guy out there thats tired of her @#$#2.........Well you just kicked the girl out of bed who earned you a first round playoff bye the last 3 years.... Let's see what your able to pick up from the bar now.

Come on, do you really think John FOx was responsible for those AFCW titles and not PEyton Manning? We were winning in spite of Fox rather than because of him. Also, it's not just this year's losses, it's all of them. Same cliche every time no matter how bad the loss was.

The team comes out flat in big games and never seems to get in gear. That's on the coaching staff

Reaper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing that Peyton Manning was injured, I think this was a dumb move. Maybe an emotional move but I think this can set back the Broncos big time!

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Fox is a competent coach and will get a new job in a flash. It may not be just Elway bouncing him but Fox seeing the handwriting on the wall about Manning. He saw him every day.