• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joel Embiid declares himself 'best player in the world'

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which puts Embiid where, unless involved in the PnR? On the perimeter, where he's not at his best. It's an awkward fit with those two, especially when you don't have 3 other shooters on the court to spread the defense.

huh?

Of course Embiid is involved in the pick and roll.

You think I am going to have him spotting up for a corner 3?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He isn't even the best big man but a lot of players think this but don't actually say it. He's never lacked confidence so not surprising. At least be in the top 5 to make this statement though imo.

Two injured players are better than Joel right now: KD and Steph.

Then you have:

Giannis
Kawhi
Lebron
Dame
Harden
AD - best "big man" in the NBA

SO that would put him at 9 at best and I really don't know how he could have even an argument to be better than those 9 considering he is injury prone and they are more proven.

Never going to say much about a player being confident in his ability.

Would it surprise you if Paul George think he's better than Lebron?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly this. If you were to privately ask every player in the NBA if they thought they are the best player in the NBA, I bet you would be absolutely SHOCKED at how many of them truly believe they are.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49 and 14 on 17-24 shooting

BEST IN THE WORLD

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BEST IN THE WORLD

There is some truth to the idea that he and Simmons don't fit all that well together. Simmons out, Joel goes nuclear. I know one game (at home vs a crap defense) but IMO it's a thing.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BEST IN THE WORLD

There is some truth to the idea that he and Simmons don't fit all that well together. Simmons out, Joel goes nuclear. I know one game (at home vs a crap defense) but IMO it's a thing.

Wake me up when he does this on the road...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was a good performance but, as has been pointed out, it was at home against a weak team. And he was just eating their lunch in the paint. The Hawks just don't have anyone who can defend him when he is playing with aggression. Dedmon had 3 fouls in about 2 minutes. Collins has nightmares of Embiid.

A more compelling argument that I've read is that the team hasn't figured out how to play Embiid, Simmons AND Horford. There is some evidence to support that.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a good performance but, as has been pointed out, it was at home against a weak team. And he was just eating their lunch in the paint. The Hawks just don't have anyone who can defend him when he is playing with aggression. Dedmon had 3 fouls in about 2 minutes. Collins has nightmares of Embiid.

A more compelling argument that I've read is that the team hasn't figured out how to play Embiid, Simmons AND Horford. There is some evidence to support that.

If only there were some way the coach could get involved...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If only there were some way the coach could get involved...

I've REALLY soured on BB this year. Granted, I started to sour on him in the playoff series against the Celtics as I think he caused the Sixers to lose that series.

But this year, I've seen very little to suggest he has a clue how to get lineups working together.

Barring something miraculous occurring, he's gone in the offseason. I never cheer for coaches to be fired but ultimately I think he was given plenty of time to make things work. My one concern is if Simmons is lost for the season, that could potentially save Brown's job.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My one concern is if Simmons is lost for the season, that could potentially save Brown's job.

If you're GM is doing his job, it shouldn't. I haven't seen a lot of the Sixers, but based on what I have seen and what some Sixers fans have been saying, it seems that if he was going to figure out how to get Simmons and Embiid to play better together, he'd have done it by now.

But it could help him get his next job if a team buys it as a reason.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've REALLY soured on BB this year. Granted, I started to sour on him in the playoff series against the Celtics as I think he caused the Sixers to lose that series.

But this year, I've seen very little to suggest he has a clue how to get lineups working together.

Barring something miraculous occurring, he's gone in the offseason. I never cheer for coaches to be fired but ultimately I think he was given plenty of time to make things work. My one concern is if Simmons is lost for the season, that could potentially save Brown's job.

If you're GM is doing his job, it shouldn't. I haven't seen a lot of the Sixers, but based on what I have seen and what some Sixers fans have been saying, it seems that if he was going to figure out how to get Simmons and Embiid to play better together, he'd have done it by now.

I think Elton Brand has to realize the inmates are running the asylum right now.
If they don't get to the ECF, regardless of the health of Ben Simmons, BB is gone.

I would like to know the precedent for the last professional athlete that received back treatments whenever they were resting during a live game. This smells like Ben decided he wanted to play or could just play through it and nobody stopped him. Then you have historical precedent two seasons ago when Embiid played on a torn miniscus because it was a nationally televised game against HOU and then Embiid got hurt right after the all star break last season. Two times is a coincidence. Three.... not so much.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't believe the fate of Brown is solely in Brand's hands. OTOH, it is possible that ownership already wanted him gone.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe the fate of Brown is solely in Brand's hands. OTOH, it is possible that ownership already wanted him gone.
Brown hired Brand.

The ownership does not give a Fuck.

They bought an asset and made 2 billion dollars while doing nothing, but running out a circus led by fraud family Colangelo and even let the snake commissioner sack us with Brian's pathetic ass.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course not but he never said it lol

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to know the precedent for the last professional athlete that received back treatments whenever they were resting during a live game.

I think Larry Bird and Steve Nash did towards the end of their careers, but those are the only ones I can think of and they were a good bit older when they did it than Simmons is now.