• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joe Burrow - Elite QB in the Making

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say that now until you have to cover Chase, Boyd

You say that now until you are trying to cover Chase, Boyd and Higgins. If the oline puts up any resistance, the secondary is in trouble.

Chase & Boyd would be nasty no doubt... Higgins is less of a worry considering his damage is 20-30yds downfield which requires Burrow to hold the ball for 5-8 seconds. If their O-line continues to struggle then I like the defense's chances of mitigating that damage. But Cincy would be wise to devote more capital to their protection & run-game. Getting Mixon going should be a key to their success. Without that run game defenses will just sit back in nickel/big-nickel packages with 6-7 DBs and wait for Burrow to make a mistake.
This

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams is fine at LT, he wasn't an issue. Reiff will be good at RT not having to match up consistently against better edge guys at this point - he's still a good OT for this league. Su'a missed a large chunk of last year, and Spain didn't come over until very late in the year. The OL is already better with health and Reiff than it was last year. Now, they still need to add, don't get me wrong. This isn't a top 10 OL, but it won't be bottom 5, IMO, either. It will give them some flexibility in the draft.

I've done a few draft simulations (no force trades) and I've ben able to land a few spots back with both DET and CAR and still select Pitts while adding their 2nd round pick. At this point, all 3 were still available (Sewell, Chase, and Pitts) s a trade made 100% sense to add a 2nd round pick wile still getting any one of those 3 - no brainer.

That allows for a guy like Moore if he's still there at the top end of round 2, and select at OT with the next pick thanks to the trade - Usually one of Leatherwood or Cosmi is still there to grab.

I then grab Hudson out of UC as a potential long-term OT that still likely needs a year, but has a massive amount of upside with his athleticism.

With how that simulation broke for the Bengals at 5 - it allowed me to trade back, pick up an extra 2nd, land Pitts, Moore, Cosmi, and Hudson. Playmakers at skill positions make that offense ridiculously scary - and Cosmi can play OT or guard right now, and Hudson is the swing tackle for at least a year, and should be ready next year adding depth and long-term stability to the OL going forward. It would also still allow them to add a F/A this year at OG if they felt it was needed.

1618163282776.png

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burrow is good QB so far with street smarts on the field. The injury was sad news for most objective fans. In that wolf pack, more or less: Allen, Herbert, obviously Mahomes and other young guys. These guys are so good at many things. Hope for full recovery for Burrow.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chase & Boyd would be nasty no doubt... Higgins is less of a worry considering his damage is 20-30yds downfield which requires Burrow to hold the ball for 5-8 seconds. If their O-line continues to struggle then I like the defense's chances of mitigating that damage. But Cincy would be wise to devote more capital to their protection & run-game. Getting Mixon going should be a key to their success. Without that run game defenses will just sit back in nickel/big-nickel packages with 6-7 DBs and wait for Burrow to make a mistake.
They say one of the biggest additions to our oline is our new and old offensive line coach, Frank Pollack. I don't think our line will be as bad as most think.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They say one of the biggest additions to our oline is our new and old offensive line coach, Frank Pollack. I don't think our line will be as bad as most think.
O-line coaches are a big deal anymore... They honestly deserve their own coordinator title.

Having a proven coach in that role could do wonders for them.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O-line coaches are a big deal anymore... They honestly deserve their own coordinator title.

Hopefully it does help. We still need help on our oline personnel wise, but I hope with the subtraction of Hart, the addition of Reiff, some healthy players, a couple new draft picks and a new oline coach, we will be find without having to draft another OT in the 1st round.

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he can be the next Andy Dalton for the Bengals. However, the Bengals are not known for giving franchise Qb's a supporting cast. We either have a good defense and bad offense, or vice versa. I wouldn't count on him having much in the way of an offensive line. If he can stay healthy, he should put up good numbers, but in all honesty, if he wants to win on a regular basis, he might want to get out of town. This coming from a huge Bengals fan.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Having the right coach in place is such a big deal that isn't talked about enough.

Not to mention - bringing in a guy like this with a solid track-record isn't only a plus, but guys who may have felt like they were just buried on the depth chart with no way forward likely get a new lease on life to put things together. Someone like Price who was a top round pick - was a big time player for OSU in the Big10 - it's never made sense to me how he's struggled so badly at this level. I mean, I get struggling, but he's been down right boarderline a bust.