• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joe Burrow - Elite QB in the Making

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to send you to YouTube because the NFL has blocked video sharing on SportsHoopla for at least this video. So Below is the link to watch it directly on YouTube.

Watch on YouTube - Click Here

I enjoyed the video. Granted, I am a Bengals fan so it meant more to me than most I am sure, but curious what others who are pure football fans think of the analysis of this video creator. PS..It is not me, so I am not promoting myself. Just wanted an outside the organization fans feedback on his analysis. Because of course I am a homer, and agree with him.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he gets an Oline, yeah, he’s gonna be great.

Don’t go drafting more receivers early.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he gets an Oline, yeah, he’s gonna be great.

Don’t go drafting more receivers early.
I am thinking:

#1 - Ja'Marr Chase, WR
#2 - Alex Leatherwood, OT
#3 - Quinn Meinerz, OG

This draft is deep in offensive line talent. The offensive line was starting to play much better last year also as the year went on once Su'a-Filo got healthy and Quinton Spain got put at RG.

LT - Williams
LG - Su'a-Filo
C Hopkins
RG Spain
RT Reiff

With a couple young guys to grow with in Leatherwood and Meinerz.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am thinking:

#1 - Ja'Marr Chase, WR
#2 - Alex Leatherwood, OT
#3 - Quinn Meinerz, OG

This draft is deep in offensive line talent. The offensive line was starting to play much better last year also as the year went on once Su'a-Filo got healthy and Quinton Spain got put at RG.

LT - Williams
LG - Su'a-Filo
C Hopkins
RG Spain
RT Reiff

With a couple young guys to grow with in Leatherwood and Meinerz.
Drafting Chase would be the Bengal thing to do.

Kid ran for his life after nearly every snap I saw last year. Reilly Reiff needs to move to gaurd imo. He couldn’t handle the edge years ago.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drafting Chase would be the Bengal thing to do.

Kid ran for his life after nearly every snap I saw last year. Reilly Reiff needs to move to gaurd imo. He couldn’t handle the edge years ago.
Shhh shhh shh.... Let the Bengals be the Bengals

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were the Bengals, I would trade down with their #5 pick if a top QB is available and a team wants to move up into the spot... WR's are deep in this draft... Grab another pick or two by trading down and stockpile on OL...

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt about it before the injury. But he tore a lot in there. I hope it doesn't hinder his development but it could.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burrow will be 25 in December, and he plays in a tough division. Not real sure what to think right now, can't put too much into his LSU exploits, hitting wide open receivers, having all day to throw, nay!!!!

I like the way he carries himself and love his......hate to lose,,,,mentality.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show of hands... Who actually watched the video in full to really answer my question other than talk about draft options?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Joe recovers. I think if the Bengals can snatch Sewell that will also help given it looks like the QB rush this draft is going to be pretty fierce.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sewell is a sure PB/AP guy. If he is there, don’t pass him up. He can play inside and outside too

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll be at least as good as Dalton, maybe some improvement.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. But will they win more games than the Steelers?
Questionable.

If burrow doesnt have to much wear and tear on that knee, and gets some protection, that offense can be nasty.
Mixon, boyd, higgins, and tate can be dangerous in the scheme.

i don’t think adding a wr round 1 is needed. Pitss would be tantalizing, but predicated on improved protection and burrow coming back 100%.

Burrow really tore up that knee. If it changes his plants even slightly its gonna be an adjustment....

bengals are a team on the rise though. Finally making good decisions. Building a strong young core, kinda browns like. Really think they need to focus strictly on the line and defensive side of the ball. Unless they just say screw it were not competing this year lets develop our qb. And invest in line and offensive talent and worry about the other aide next year.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Questionable.

If burrow doesnt have to much wear and tear on that knee, and gets some protection, that offense can be nasty.
Mixon, boyd, higgins, and tate can be dangerous in the scheme.

i don’t think adding a wr round 1 is needed. Pitss would be tantalizing, but predicated on improved protection and burrow coming back 100%.

Burrow really tore up that knee. If it changes his plants even slightly its gonna be an adjustment....

bengals are a team on the rise though. Finally making good decisions. Building a strong young core, kinda browns like. Really think they need to focus strictly on the line and defensive side of the ball. Unless they just say screw it were not competing this year lets develop our qb. And invest in line and offensive talent and worry about the other aide next year.
If Sewell is there, no question they need to take him but I think they take Chase or Pitts. With a healthy Burrow I don’t think their offense is going to struggle, just struggle to protect him which is what they need most. Build the defense up over the next couple years and get a solid OL...he will be fine with the weapons he has for now

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Sewell is there, no question they need to take him but I think they take Chase or Pitts. With a healthy Burrow I don’t think their offense is going to struggle, just struggle to protect him which is what they need most. Build the defense up over the next couple years and get a solid OL...he will be fine with the weapons he has for now
Totally agree. But hes pumping for chase....
And “healthy” is the question. He may be “healthy” but not back 100...protect the asset !

i think we may both be happy if they go chase lol

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to send you to YouTube because the NFL has blocked video sharing on SportsHoopla for at least this video. So Below is the link to watch it directly on YouTube.

Watch on YouTube - Click Here

I enjoyed the video. Granted, I am a Bengals fan so it meant more to me than most I am sure, but curious what others who are pure football fans think of the analysis of this video creator. PS..It is not me, so I am not promoting myself. Just wanted an outside the organization fans feedback on his analysis. Because of course I am a homer, and agree with him.
Didn’t watch a lot of Bengals this past season but all the points made in the video you can see on his college tape. The thing I’m most impressed with is his pocket presence, decision making under pressure, going to his hot while being blitzed, and pocket mobility. Burrow is the real deal, there’s no doubt in my mind he’ll be a future top 12 QB at the minimum, only time will tell if he reaches top tier elite status

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say that now until you have to cover Chase, Boyd
And “healthy” is the question. He may be “healthy” but not back 100...protect the asset !

You say that now until you are trying to cover Chase, Boyd and Higgins. If the oline puts up any resistance, the secondary is in trouble.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say that now until you have to cover Chase, Boyd

You say that now until you are trying to cover Chase, Boyd and Higgins. If the oline puts up any resistance, the secondary is in trouble.
Chase & Boyd would be nasty no doubt... Higgins is less of a worry considering his damage is 20-30yds downfield which requires Burrow to hold the ball for 5-8 seconds. If their O-line continues to struggle then I like the defense's chances of mitigating that damage. But Cincy would be wise to devote more capital to their protection & run-game. Getting Mixon going should be a key to their success. Without that run game defenses will just sit back in nickel/big-nickel packages with 6-7 DBs and wait for Burrow to make a mistake.