• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

JJ Watt to the Cardinals

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perfect example of how marketing yourself properly can make you tons of money long after you deserve it

Watt is a washed up, injury prone, 2 down player at this stage of his career, but instead of people focusing on a true game changer like Shaq Barrett, they are all competing to hilariously overpay for the Papa John’s guy

good for him

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle has never made pass protection a priority and Wilson is sick of getting beat up back there.

You can barely count the times Seahawks have put in extra tight ends and a fullback to max protect.

Hopefully Shane Waldron figures that out, Rams offensive style would fit Wilson nicely so hopefully he brings exactly that ...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has for years and they haven't been listening.

Well they did go out at get Duane Brown to protect his blind side, that was a HUGE upgrade... I also love Damien Lewis, bright future... Seahawks O-line was ranked 14th overall which doesn’t suck, right in the middle of the pack, definitely an improvement over the last several years... Seahawks should target Corey Lindsey C from Green Bay....

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle has never made pass protection a priority and Wilson is sick of getting beat up back there.

You can barely count the times Seahawks have put in extra tight ends and a fullback to max protect.
Can’t really blame him. I’m surprised he hasn’t said anything about it before now. Or if he has, I must not remember it.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too much money for someone who has shown he can't stay healthy.

Great player when he is on the field, but even then I don't know if I'd want to pay him 15MM a year.
Totally why would he turn that much money down unless he 100% wanted to win. Not sure, I see the Cards winning a Superbowl in the next 2 seasons.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too much money for someone who has shown he can't stay healthy.

Great player when he is on the field, but even then I don't know if I'd want to pay him 15MM a year.
well, lets see what the incentives are ....23 guaranteed...

Waiting to reserve judgement until then.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally why would he turn that much money down unless he 100% wanted to win. Not sure, I see the Cards winning a Superbowl in the next 2 seasons.

saw this....on twitter...but dismissing the cards...

cards were 8-8 last year....with a 9 win point differential.

they had 5 one score losses. Kyler murray can easily leap forward...and plenty of talent on both sides of the ball

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

they had 5 one score losses. Kyler murray can easily leap forward...and plenty of talent on both sides of the ball
I am by no means dismissing the Cards but I think they have a tough road to leap to the top due to the other teams around them who went all in.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they did go out at get Duane Brown to protect his blind side, that was a HUGE upgrade... I also love Damien Lewis, bright future... Seahawks O-line was ranked 14th overall which doesn’t suck, right in the middle of the pack, definitely an improvement over the last several years... Seahawks should target Corey Lindsey C from Green Bay....
Getting Duane was a great move and iirc, Russ offered to restructure at that time to keep him. But Brown is now getting older and we won't have him much longer. I do like Lewis as well but we really need to shore up that interior line and also get some depth. I think a lot of that ranking was due to the first half when they were healthy. When the injuries hit, there just wasn't much there and most of the issues were in the interior. The pocket was continually pushed into Wilson's face. Of course Aaron Donald does that to a lot of teams but the Hawks have been lacking in that regard since Pete got there. He just doesn't seem to care about that aspect of the game.
As for Watt, an overpay, imo. But the Cards already had 48 sacks last season despite not having Chandler Jones. Their pass rush is legit and Vance Joseph knows how to coach the guys on that side of the ball. Watt won't have to be the only guy like he was in Houston so maybe he can stay on the field when needed.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 weeks ago

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks see JJ Watt, Chandler Jones, Nick Bosa, or Aaron Donald. The Seahawks will raise you LJ Collier, Benson Mayowa, and Rashem Green

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just glad JJ didn't team up with his brother in that city by those three rivers. I mean how you doing?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am by no means dismissing the Cards but I think they have a tough road to leap to the top due to the other teams around them who went all in.
some yes, but i think some in the nfc are easily catchable as well...The AFC appears the much tougher road to haul imho
Just glad JJ didn't team up with his brother in that city by those three rivers. I mean how you doing?
more than fine, we couldnt afford him, never was wishing for it. The ones that were, are the same fans arguing non-stop on twitter for a rb round1 of the draft.......over OL

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awkward Season 3 GIF by The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Injuries have robbed him of what he was in his prime but if he's healthy he's still pretty effective and with Chandler Jones coming from the outside Watt should get some favorable matchups.

Between the 9ers, Rams, and Cards now the NFC West has some of the better defensive fronts in the league. The funny thing is the lone defensive coach in the division has the worst front.