• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

JJ Redick Retires

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey Buddy, Other than being a dad have you heard anything about JJ's retirement plans? I'm wondering if he will go back home to Roanoke, Virginia to live and what his interests will be in retirement. I doubt he would be interested in a broadcasting career with an NBA team because that would keep him from being at home to be a dad. I just can't see him not being active at something.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. I believe that his announcement caught everyone off guard.

Redick was one of the best shooters I ever saw in college basketball, and he wasn't too bad in the NBA. Not many players get their jersey retired. I do remember being at the RBC and watching the Wolfpack beat the Blue Devils, but it wasn't because of JJ Redick. Off the opening tip he crossed half court and pulled up for a jumper before he got to the time line. He nailed it. He was just a special player.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. I believe that his announcement caught everyone off guard.

Redick was one of the best shooters I ever saw in college basketball, and he wasn't too bad in the NBA. Not many players get their jersey retired. I do remember being at the RBC and watching the Wolfpack beat the Blue Devils, but it wasn't because of JJ Redick. Off the opening tip he crossed half court and pulled up for a jumper before he got to the time line. He nailed it. He was just a special player.

I have told many people that JJ Redick was the best pure shooter I've ever seen and he was until Steph Curry came along. I think Redick still has a lot of individual records at Duke that will never be broken. These great players of today won't stay in college long enough to challenge Redicks records just like nobody will ever coach long enough to catch Coach K in wins.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd say that's a pretty good resume of accomplishments. One thing is for sure, if JJ has taken care of all the money he has made in the NBA he should be set financially to do anything he wants to do with his remaining years on God's earth.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say that's a pretty good resume of accomplishments. One thing is for sure, if JJ has taken care of all the money he has made in the NBA he should be set financially to do anything he wants to do with his remaining years on God's earth.

If I remember correctly he was making about $13M a year from his last contract. Amazing.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I remember correctly he was making about $13M a year from his last contract. Amazing.

Heck, JJ might end up buying Roanoke, Virginia with all of his NBA money.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can't tell you how many hours I have spent on youtube watching JJ's podcasts which he got interested in several years ago. I mean JJ has got a list of podcasts a mile long which includes interviewing Coach K, Zion, many former Duke players, and many competitors. It was funny that when JJ interviewed Grayson Allen they both agreed that Allen was hated by more people nationwide than JJ was. I didn't know this but JJ and Chris Paul have become like brothers with their friendship. Check out JJ's podcasts if you haven't already because I promise you will enjoy them.