• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jimmy Vessey

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
given the choices of rangers hawks or devils and i'm obviously a little biased but the devils are really the best option for him.

the hawks are a great team but he could get burried on that team somewhere and they play in a stacked division and conference.

rangers window has all but shut.

the devils are younger then both of them have the better goalie by miles and now hall. if this was the devils team under lou like 4 years ago? i would say no shot and couldn't blame him. now? we actually look like we might become exciting hockey!

best part about coming to nj to play? you get to play in a metro area on the team with the smallest exposure. which means less pressure then playing in Chicago Toronto or rangers. yet he gets all the benefits of living so close to the biggest city in the world. its a win/win.

part of me never really understood that about hockey players when they became free agents. why didn't people want to come play for the devils? jersey esp in the north has everything. it has 4 seasons it has nice beach 50 miles away gambling 100 miles away. scenic country 15miles north. the biggest city in the world 20mins away. the best part? no one would really recognize you on the street or hound you if you had a bad game like they would in ny. you dont have larry brooks breathing down your neck or tabloids bothering you.

i'm going to assume lou is a reason why many didn't sign here
I completely agree. And when you factor in the devils recent draft picks. Zach,JQ,Mcleod,Bastian et. The devils are going to be a very fast very skilled team in the near future. I'm trying nt to get my hopes up. But the Devils would be the best fit for Vessey to succeed imo. Even if I am a bit biased.As far s Rangers reporters Icant even read the NY papers. Its like reading articles written by dump smh

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
another reason for me, is minnesota... everyone wants to go back to minnesota... blah blah blahhhhhh

plus i haven't seen a sport where more players want to play back home more so than NHL... IMO

I honestly think it has to do with the type of player that plays this game. Typically hockey players are educated and come from money since it's expensive to get into. You probably have to have a strong family core for your parents to be willing to drive across the country for a tournament

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Per his agent:

“I think Jimmy can handle anything. I think he would prefer to be under the radar,” Fish said. “He’s not the type of kid who enjoys necessarily being talked about all the time. He’s a good teammate, he’s a good kid. He’s pretty quiet and quietly goes about his business as a hockey player. He’s not afraid of the spotlight or anything like that. He’s a kid that probably prefers to fly under the radar a bit.”

Well he won't fly under the radar in Chicago. And for what it's worth (next to nothing), he and Kyle Palmieri started following one another on Instagram.

If that's what he wants then we are a match made in heaven. Funny though that he does all this and says he wants to fly under the radar. Well this isn't really under the radar

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I really think the Devils land him. If it was going to be a big name Tewa. Like Boston Hawks Rangers or leafs he would've signed by now. Buffalo had their shot and he didn't want to play there. I really think they announce it tomorrow he's coming here. What's this do for Boucher? Honestly I would look to move camaleri to the ducks for fowler or to the blues for shatenkirk. Let the kids play get younger and you get away from that horrible contract of camaleri

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think the Devils land him. If it was going to be a big name Tewa. Like Boston Hawks Rangers or leafs he would've signed by now. Buffalo had their shot and he didn't want to play there. I really think they announce it tomorrow he's coming here. What's this do for Boucher? Honestly I would look to move camaleri to the ducks for fowler or to the blues for shatenkirk. Let the kids play get younger and you get away from that horrible contract of camaleri

If he were to sign it certainly gives is more flexibility if we were looking to trade, otherwise it buys Zacha another year in the minors and bumps a guy like Kalinin into the healthy scratch role.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That is true about zacha being put in the minors which I think is a good idea. I've seen lineups where they have him centering the third line? I think a year in Albany would be best for him.

Quickly though becoming a log jam down there with prospects. Blendsi woods McLeod quinville bastian.

Guess the lines would be something like this

Hall Henrique camaleri
Vesey zajac palamaeri
Boucher bennet smith pelly
Jj fiddler Kalinin

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It sounds like the Devils have a good shot.
In some ways I am a bit surprised, especially with some of the names of teams on his list. But I think he sees the direction Shero is taking with this team and possibly wants to be a part of that. He also will get plenty of playing time if he plays well in NJ.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds like the Devils have a good shot.
In some ways I am a bit surprised, especially with some of the names of teams on his list. But I think he sees the direction Shero is taking with this team and possibly wants to be a part of that. He also will get plenty of playing time if he plays well in NJ.

The big selling points for NJ are:

1) Tom Fitzgerald our Asst. GM apparently is very well connected in the Boston hockey scene
2) Young team that he fits right into the mix with, our team would be his peers
3) He can jump right in and be an integral part of the team
4) If he's looking for a long term landing spot beyond just his 2 year entry level contract we can provide that
5) Again, all the perks of a big city without the pressure/spotlight.

If he goes to Rangers, Bruins or Leafs and flames out he will get crushed. If he falters out of the gate they'll be all over him. If he struggles in NJ he'll be given a chance to gain his footing.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big selling points for NJ are:

1) Tom Fitzgerald our Asst. GM apparently is very well connected in the Boston hockey scene
2) Young team that he fits right into the mix with, our team would be his peers
3) He can jump right in and be an integral part of the team
4) If he's looking for a long term landing spot beyond just his 2 year entry level contract we can provide that
5) Again, all the perks of a big city without the pressure/spotlight.

If he goes to Rangers, Bruins or Leafs and flames out he will get crushed. If he falters out of the gate they'll be all over him. If he struggles in NJ he'll be given a chance to gain his footing.
6) Taylor Hall

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Such a shame he will fizzle out and the my post will ruin him into the ground just like they did with Boyle. Rangers get another prima Dona that is more interested in being in nyc then being on the ice lol o well it was fun while it lasted