• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jimmy G Throws 5 Consecutive Picks

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So no comment about Jimmy G pretty damn impressive game last night?

Cool
Much better game.

In 2 weeks, we should learn a lot about several players including Jimmy G

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much better game.

In 2 weeks, we should learn a lot about several players including Jimmy G

Favorable first quarter of the season. 3-1 is possible if they can win road games in tampa and Cincinnati. 2-2 is likely. 0-4 or 1-3 is unacceptable with that schedule imo

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is success for Jimmy G in your opinion this year?

I say 8 or 9 wins.

Agree?

I say success is if he starts 16 games this season. he could ball out and they still not make 8 or 9 wins. I think if he can stay healthy, put up 3500+ yards, 25TD's, and <10INT then he was successful. Those numbers should put him right in the middle of the pack for starting QB's.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I say success is if he starts 16 games this season. he could ball out and they still not make 8 or 9 wins. I think if he can stay healthy, put up 3500+ yards, 25TD's, and <10INT then he was successful. Those numbers should put him right in the middle of the pack for starting QB's.

I'd say that's pretty realistic but I think he'll have more than 10 INTs. He just has a little too much gunslinger in him that I don't think he'll ever be a really low INT guy.

He's going to have ups and downs this season and that comes with the territory of only have like 10 games started over the course of his career. No matter what offensive system you're in, no matter whose your coach, who you've played behind, and how much you mastered the playbook you just can't substitute the learning you get from taking snaps in a real NFL regular season game.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2.2. Jimmy Garoppolo’s air yards per completion in week 1,. The lowest amongst nfl qbs. He
didn’t complete a pass over nine yards downfield and nearly half of his completions came behind the line of scrimmage. There was concern over Garappolo’s ineffective play in the preseason and those will only grow after an anemic outing against a poor defense in Tampa Bay. Moreover, expect the 49ers to continue pounding the ball on the ground after attempting 30 running back rushes in Week 1.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bdnap_1.jpg
:noidea:

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2.2. Jimmy Garoppolo’s air yards per completion in week 1,. The lowest amongst nfl qbs. He
didn’t complete a pass over nine yards downfield and nearly half of his completions came behind the line of scrimmage. There was concern over Garappolo’s ineffective play in the preseason and those will only grow after an anemic outing against a poor defense in Tampa Bay. Moreover, expect the 49ers to continue pounding the ball on the ground after attempting 30 running back rushes in Week 1.

The touchdown pass to James traveled about 25 to 30 yards downfield so I am not sure what game this guy was watching. Kyle Shanahan called a very conservative game plan this week. A lot of short passes, screens, and run plays. IDK why, maybe because he felt Todd Bowles was going to be blitz heavy. The offense as a whole struggled. Tampa Bay stuffed the run as there were missed assignments. As far as Jimmy G's play, it was a mixed bag. Still struggling with accuracy at times and the bad pass. If the accuracy issues continue after week 8 I might be a bit more concerned.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The touchdown pass to James traveled about 25 to 30 yards downfield so I am not sure what game this guy was watching. Kyle Shanahan called a very conservative game plan this week. A lot of short passes, screens, and run plays. IDK why, maybe because he felt Todd Bowles was going to be blitz heavy. The offense as a whole struggled. Tampa Bay stuffed the run as there were missed assignments. As far as Jimmy G's play, it was a mixed bag. Still struggling with accuracy at times and the bad pass. If the accuracy issues continue after week 8 I might be a bit more concerned.

Twitter is funny, and there is a fair share of stupidity out there who post/believe it without any background at all.

You're right that he was not as accurate as he usually was on short/intermediate routes and made that really bad throw that was returned for 6. Of course, he also had a couple of TD's called back on turnovers that had no real affect on the play, and some of those passes that weren't spot on were easily catchable - Kendrick Bourne is a guy I can't trust at all right now - and if the luck went his way, his numbers would be drastically different.

As you also said.....now that he's gonna get back into the weekly groove of things, if he's still 'struggling' in a month +, then it may be cause for concern. I'll be relying on a couple of other posters from another site that routinely break down game film of each Niners game to get my info from, as I don't have the time this year, so it'll be interesting to see what they find from Week 1 and forward.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are correct

NGS | NFL Next Gen Stats

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like not much changed in the superbowl.

Only qb with a lower average intended air yards is carr.