• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jimmy G or Baker Mayfield

Which QB would you rather have to start our season in 2022?

• Jimmy G

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Baker Mayfield

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Potato Salad - Roll w/ with we got

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only because of Cleveland's situation. We can go around and around over this but the chance to preview a potential long term solve at qb is worth more than a 5th round pick.

It's the scenario that deflates his value.
He's worth whatever they can get. I just don't think anyone will give much more than a 4th, and thats with Cleveland paying much of his contract.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I have stated, I would love to have him if he is released. He is not worth a pick or the money to me but he would most likely become the starter.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I have stated, I would love to have him if he is released. He is not worth a pick or the money to me but he would most likely become the starter.

You all have to understand how illogical that is.

Baker would have easily gone for a Wentz type package before last year. Now he's on final year and the team that controls him has leverage on an extension.

To say potentially having a solve at QB is worth no picks is an absurd take. Most draft picks past the 3rd or 4th don't have near the ability to change your franchise as a good qb for even a season would.

It's the scenario the Browns finds themselves in that has hurt his value much more than his true value... even after a down year.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but as a FA he probably cost more $$ of course you save the pick. Also if he's signed after he's cut, it won't be for one year.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Baker would have easily gone for a Wentz type package before last year. Now he's on final year and the team that controls him has leverage on an extension.

To say potentially having a solve at QB is worth no picks is an absurd take. Most draft picks past the 3rd or 4th don't have near the ability to change your franchise as a good qb for even a season would.

It's the scenario the Browns finds themselves in that has hurt his value much more than his true value... even after a down year.

Hawks are more than a QB away, Baker is expensive and to much so for a team that is more than a QB away and I am not just talking about money. Hawks can be back in the drivers seat of this division in no time if they use their collected draft capital wisely. Trading for Baker is not using it wisely. He "could" be a very good QB sure so wait for him to be released, if he is not released don't case after him.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks are more than a QB away, Baker is expensive and to much so for a team that is more than a QB away and I am not just talking about money. Hawks can be back in the drivers seat of this division in no time if they use their collected draft capital wisely. Trading for Baker is not using it wisely. He "could" be a very good QB sure so wait for him to be released, if he is not released don't case after him.

And I totally get the Hawks not wanting a good qb so as to tank for a potential better long term solve.

I was just saying all this "he isn't worth draft pick" talk is asinine. Whether you're talking about Baker or any mid level starting qb they're obviously worth a pick.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

People are being just beyond stupid on this.

LOL.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When someone says he thinks he'd be the starter but he's not worth a pick?

That's illogical.

It's the most important position on the field.
Self explanatory to most.

Especially, when like you said....before last season he'd pull a Wentz type trade return.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Self explanatory to most.

Especially, when like you said....before last season he'd pull a Wentz type trade return.
Again please elaborate. I agree if Cleveland traded Mayfield sooner they'd have gotten much much more than being suggested they get now.

Problem is the Browns fucked up the whole situation.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When someone says he thinks he'd be the starter but he's not worth a pick?

That's illogical.

It's the most important position on the field.
Well no it's nit illogical, as saying I THINK he's a starter, I'd prefer to buy low for a year so I can see, before I lock him up.

IMO, while Baker has shown he belongs in the NFL, he has enough warts to question if he fits my team.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well no it's nit illogical, as saying I THINK he's a starter, I'd prefer to buy low for a year so I can see, before I lock him up.

IMO, while Baker has shown he belongs in the NFL, he has enough warts to question if he fits my team.

Buy low does not equal not worth a pick at all.

Getting him for a 4th would be buying low if he ends up being your starter.

I get it's all moot given the Browns killing his value...I'm just contesting the idea he isn't worth a single pick lol.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To say potentially having a solve at QB is worth no picks is an absurd take.
He's not solving anyone's QB problem IMO, if any team thought he would, they would have traded for him by now. Browns fans just need to accept that for now Mayfield could ...maybe, be a bridge QB but his future is journeyman back up. He's not leading a team to playoffs much less a Super Bowl win. So for a team like the Seahawks who are rebuilding with young potential studs but need at least another season to fill holes and depth, wasting assets for a QB who is not the future is counter productive.

Last edited:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayfield isn't viewed as the answer at QB by NFL teams including the Browns, it's why he is available. The last thing a team trying to reload needs is to waste money and draft capitol on a player they are just going to replace next season. The most I can see paying for Mayfield is a 6th and the pay 5 million or less, but 3 million would be more attractive. If that doesn't cut it the Browns can keep him or find some other team to bite on Mayfield if they can.

Last edited:

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Baker is the easy answer between the two because he simply has more upside but I don't think either would be a terrible option for the Hawks as both basically played in the same offensive system Seattle is running and both played on teams built like how Seattle wants to be built and that's run the ball a lot and play great defense.

If I was Seattle I'd likely pass on both because it's not like either one is that missing piece that will make you Super Bowl contenders and adding them will likely just make you a middle-of-the-road maybe sniffing at a wildcard spot but an easy 1st round exit kind of team. For me I'd rather lose and have a top 10 pick and look to the future than being a mediocre team that has little chance of winning a Super Bowl that ends up with a pick in that 15ish range.

I can see them trying to go for either though as both are kind of that Pete Carroll QB in that he wants a guy to manage the game, make a few plays to move the chains, and more importantly not cost 35+ million.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah I never understood the Seahawks fascination with Mayfield, sure he could help the team win a couple more games but just roll with what you got. Having Rap say he has never seen that interest sounds legit to me, I mean they don't look to be interested all that much if at all to me. It's once again talking heads spitting out rumors and using it as a storyline. Hey it is what it is and we all know the Hawks don't look to have a STARTER QUALITY QB and Cleveland doesn't want him so whats the best storyline? What gets you the clicks which is what brings in revenue? The Baker/Seahawks rumor is a better Storyline than Baker/Panthers. Hawks lost Wilson now pick up Baker is a better storyline than the Panthers pick up Baker. Seattle is the 12th largest sports market in the US, Panthers on the other hand have the 22nd largest.

FYI Wilson going to Denver puts him from the 12th largest to the 16th.

*based on a Wall st. Post*

Last edited:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • Giants (7.5 million)
  • Jets (7.5 million)
  • Rams (5.7 million)
  • Chargers (5.7 million)
  • Bears (3.5 million)
  • Eagles (3.0 million)
  • Cowboys (3.0 million)
  • 49ers (2.7 million)
  • Falcons (2.7 million)
  • Texans (2.6 million)
  • Washington (2.6 million)
  • Patriots (2.5 million)
  • Cardinals (2.2 million)
  • Seahawks (2.1 million)
  • Buccaneers (2.0 million)
  • Vikings (1.9 million)
  • Lions (1.9 million)
  • Broncos (1.8 million)
  • Dolphins (1.7 million)
  • Browns (1.5 million)
  • Panthers (1.3 million)
  • Colts (1.2 million)
  • Steelers (1.2 million)
  • Ravens (1.1 million)
  • Titans (1.1 million)
  • Chiefs (990,000)
  • Bengals (930,000)
  • Packers (920,000)
  • Raiders (830,000)
  • Jaguars (760,000)
  • Saints (660,000)
  • Bills (610,000)
I really don't like how they got this info as they only took into account the Seattle/Tacoma area leaving out hundreds of thousands if not close to a million or 2 homes that are in the Renton/Kent/Federal Way/Bellevue/EVERETT!/Bellingham/Puyallup. ALL HUGE Seahawks towns between Tacoma and Seattle or right above it. But for other teams they were taking into account MANY more city's, Hell they had 8 city's listed for the Cowboys to balloon their number, some almost 100 miles away. Even the Cards had more town pop used that were almost 100 miles away.

Last edited: