• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jimmy G Can't Do That

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shannaham already said Lance will get his packages, and it makes perfect sense to play him. For me, i take 'package' as two or three series depending on the opponent and game conditions.

Yes, if the 'game condition' is we're comfortably ahead in the 4th quarter, he'll finish the game. ie blowout
That experience can only help him

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That experience can only help him
Help him and by extension the team.

It makes perfect sense to give Lance game reps wherever possible. Should JG go down with injury, Lance won't go into a real game cold.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Help him and by extension the team.

It makes perfect sense to give Lance game reps wherever possible. Should JG go down with injury, Lance won't go into a real game cold.
I hope he plays a lot because that would mean the 9ers would be in a lot of blowouts

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
McGlinchey continued, "You know that when he looks at you in the middle of the huddle with the game on the line, third-and-one, and we call our fourth or fifth quarterback sneak of the game, and we just keep advancing forward, it's a damn good feeling, and that's pretty cool to see. Jimmy's so great at that, and it's the confidence that he gives everybody else he plays with, is one of the best qualities about him."

Whichever quarterback you think should be starting right now, it doesn't really matter. All that matters is what head coach Kyle Shanahan thinks. And until he makes a change, Garoppolo is still QB1, as he should be.

Garoppolo's teammates believe in him. His coaches believe in him. And we can take comfort in the fact that San Francisco has a quarterback that is "spectacular...and I mean spectacular."

Clearly, Lance has much more physical talents and eventually he may have more intangibles too. But this is a very good reason why JG needs to keep starting, he makes those around him better. Eventually JG will have a 'below average' game and all the chatter will intensify, but IMO he remains the starter unless he has two bad games in a row. He can be replaced in the 2nd half of his second bad game, if necessary.

Lance should be getting reps anyway, the amount depends on game conditions. I can't imagine Shannahan will sit Lance 100% rest of the season.

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McGlinchey continued, "You know that when he looks at you in the middle of the huddle with the game on the line, third-and-one, and we call our fourth or fifth quarterback sneak of the game, and we just keep advancing forward, it's a damn good feeling, and that's pretty cool to see. Jimmy's so great at that, and it's the confidence that he gives everybody else he plays with, is one of the best qualities about him."

Whichever quarterback you think should be starting right now, it doesn't really matter. All that matters is what head coach Kyle Shanahan thinks. And until he makes a change, Garoppolo is still QB1, as he should be.

Garoppolo's teammates believe in him. His coaches believe in him. And we can take comfort in the fact that San Francisco has a quarterback that is "spectacular...and I mean spectacular."

Clearly, Lance has much more physical talents and eventually he may have more intangibles too. But this is a very good reason why JG needs to keep starting, he makes those around him better. Eventually JG will have a 'below average' game and all the chatter will intensify, but IMO he remains the starter unless he has two bad games in a row. He can be replaced in the 2nd half of his second bad game, if necessary.

Lance should be getting reps anyway, the amount depends on game conditions. I can't imagine Shannahan will sit Lance 100% rest of the season.
I think it's pretty safe to assume that there aren't any immediate plans to bench JG.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think it's pretty safe to assume that there aren't any immediate plans to bench JG.
None 'immediately', but soon as he has his "below average" game, the chatter will be loud. The chatter will be led by fans not talking heads.

JG will have a less than stellar game, all QB's eventually do. The Eagles game was looking like a 'poor' game in the 1st half.

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None 'immediately', but soon as he has his "below average" game, the chatter will be loud. The chatter will be led by fans not talking heads.

JG will have a less than stellar game, all QB's eventually do. The Eagles game was looking like a 'poor' game in the 1st half.
Maybe, but fans are fickle. I don't think that the coaches are anywhere near that type of decision. Even if JG struggles in a couple of games.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Maybe, but fans are fickle. I don't think that the coaches are anywhere near that type of decision. Even if JG struggles in a couple of games.
Yes, no doubt fans are very "fickle" and overreact to everything.

I certainly hope JG doesn't meet 'struggles in a couple of games'. I don't need to see if i'm right or wrong about this. :-)