• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jimmy Butler wants out of Minnesota

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't get this.

that comment doesn't make sense if he wants a trade.

unless he's really saying....trade wiggins, not me.
You have to remember the root of the problem.

Jimmy only wants out because the Wolves didn't want to rework his deal THIS YEAR.

He wanted the salary bump now and Minny passed and paid Towns, which was obviously the right move.

Jimmy is being bitter and acting out.

But, he ain't lying.

The Wolves go back to the lottery without him.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jimmy only wants out because the Wolves didn't want to rework his deal THIS YEAR.

He wanted the salary bump now and Minny passed and paid Towns, which was obviously the right move.

But, he ain't lying.

but I thought he doesn't get the 190m until next year.

it's the same reason kyrie wouldn't sign anything now.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, who else is playing the scenes out in their head when reading these tweets?

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But, he ain't lying.

Contract maybe played a small role

But I can 100% guarantee you that’s not the root cause.

Him and Towns have a unfixable relationship(really Wiggins too). This has been known for a very long time. The Wolves just sat on it.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Him and Towns have a unfixable relationship(really Wiggins too). This has been known for a very long time. The Wolves just sat on it.

What started all this beef?

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What started all this beef?

The lax attitudes of Towns and Wiggins. He hates that they don’t have the same energy and care level. I have no idea how much of the girlfriend rumors are true.

But I’ve known there was huge friction since last spring, for a while didn’t know it was this toxic no.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lax attitudes of Towns and Wiggins. He hates that they don’t have the same energy and care level. I have no idea how much of the girlfriend rumors are true.

But I’ve known there was huge friction since last spring, for a while didn’t know it was this toxic no.

Yeah, I heard about the girlfriend thing. Didn't know if it was true or not.

Butler is feeling how Kobe felt about Howard.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really?

Then why was he trying to renegotiate his deal?

You don't initiate those talks as a player if you are looking to exit.

He didn't ask for a trade until. AFTER they said no.

Jimmy Butler Rumors: SG Wanted $155M Contract Before Trade Request

Report: Jimmy Butler wanted Timberwolves to add four years, $155 million to his contract this summer

Jimmy Butler Reportedly Wanted To Renegotiate His ’Wolves Contract

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but I thought he doesn't get the 190m until next year.

it's the same reason kyrie wouldn't sign anything now.
He can only get that from a team that has his bird rights.

I'm not sure why he didn't want to wait a Season, unless the Wolves were never planning to go that high.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is obviously friction for the reasons you stated.

But, that's not why he asked to be traded.

All that was happening during the Season.

He didn't ask for a trade until he realized he wasn't getting that 10 mil bump in salary this year.

Via Jon Krawczynski of The Athletic:

There were reports of friction between Butler, Towns and Wiggins, but sources say that is not the main reason Butler has decided to move on. Butler was hoping for a renegotiation and extension of his contract this summer, one that would have raised his salary for 2018-19 to $30 million and added another four years and $145 million on to that. But the Timberwolves would have had to cut an enormous amount of salary to pull that off and deemed it unreasonable if they wanted to stay competitive in the near term.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?

Then why was he trying to renegotiate his deal?

You don't initiate those talks as a player if you are looking to exit.

He didn't ask for a trade until. AFTER they said no.

Jimmy Butler Rumors: SG Wanted $155M Contract Before Trade Request

Report: Jimmy Butler wanted Timberwolves to add four years, $155 million to his contract this summer

Jimmy Butler Reportedly Wanted To Renegotiate His ’Wolves Contract

Look at the middle article and the bottom paragraph. Highlighting the timing not making sense.

Then there were articles from Jimmys camp saying he let the wolves know of trade demands months ago starting with his unhappiness immediately following the Rockets loss.

The tension was known for a long time for a while it just wasn’t known how bad

If he did ask for a new deal with max money, the reason it was denied woulda had to do with Wolves choosing the young guys over him. Everything I’ve heard here is there’s never been an intention of these 3 ever playing together again.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can only get that from a team that has his bird rights.

I'm not sure why he didn't want to wait a Season, unless the Wolves were never planning to go that high.

the twolves should have his bird rights since he was traded by the Bulls, who already had them.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the twolves should have his bird rights since he was traded by the Bulls, who already had them.
Yep.

They have them.

Not sure why he couldn't wait.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the middle article and the bottom paragraph. Highlighting the timing not making sense.

Then there were articles from Jimmys camp saying he let the wolves know of trade demands months ago starting with his unhappiness immediately following the Rockets loss.

The tension was known for a long time for a while it just wasn’t known how bad

If he did ask for a new deal with max money, the reason it was denied woulda had to do with Wolves choosing the young guys over him. Everything I’ve heard here is there’s never been an intention of these 3 ever playing together again.

There were reports of friction between Butler, Towns and Wiggins, but sources say that is not the main reason Butler has decided to move on. Butler was hoping for a renegotiation and extension of his contract this summer, one that would have raised his salary for 2018-19 to $30 million and added another four years and $145 million on to that. But the Timberwolves would have had to cut anenormous amount of salary to pull that off and deemed it unreasonable if they wanted to stay competitive in the near term.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were reports of friction between Butler, Towns and Wiggins, but sources say that is not the main reason Butler has decided to move on. Butler was hoping for a renegotiation and extension of his contract this summer, one that would have raised his salary for 2018-19 to $30 million and added another four years and $145 million on to that. But the Timberwolves would have had to cut anenormous amount of salary to pull that off and deemed it unreasonable if they wanted to stay competitive in the near term.

If this was a financial concern, then the Wolves should have called everyone and just asked if they could dump Wiggins on them for a salary dump. Honestly feel like it would have been addition by subtraction. They could also probably try to move Dieng too. They would have still been very competitive. The deals for Teague, Dieng and Wiggins cost them the ability to retain one of the top 12-15 players in the NBA. LOL.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this was a financial concern, then the Wolves should have called everyone and just asked if they could dump Wiggins on them for a salary dump. Honestly feel like it would have been addition by subtraction. They could also probably try to move Dieng too. They would have still been very competitive. The deals for Teague, Dieng and Wiggins cost them the ability to retain one of the top 12-15 players in the NBA. LOL.
Yeah, Wiggins is such a disappointment.

I 100% believe that there is legit conflict between the players.

But, I also believe Jimmy would have tolerated it had the Wolves paid him.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Wiggins is such a disappointment.

I 100% believe that there is legit conflict between the players.

But, I also believe Jimmy would have tolerated it had the Wolves paid him.

Yeah I think it would have been two fold in that first he would have been happy to be paid and secondly the financial commitment to him would signify that he would likely be given a larger voice in the direction of their team. Since the Wolves said basically they wouldn't meet his contract demands, he wasn't as big of a priority. For a guy who works as hard as he does and is as committed to winning as he is, I can totally see why that's unacceptable.

If they gave him the deal, he could have gone to management and told them he wants Wiggins gone. He may have been able to work things out with KAT, but definitely not both. He would hold a lot more leverage and consideration on how he felt the team should prepare and play.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not gonna lie, this is 100% something Draymond would do and I would love him for it. Feel the same way about Jimmy. Just imagine Draymond right now and putting him on the Suns or something like that. Dude would go nuts every day at guys. I can completely see where Jimmy is coming from.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not gonna lie, this is 100% something Draymond would do and I would love him for it. Feel the same way about Jimmy. Just imagine Draymond right now and putting him on the Suns or something like that. Dude would go nuts every day at guys. I can completely see where Jimmy is coming from.

Thank GAWD the Wolves already have KAT signed, sealed and delivered.

He will never be the leader as long as Jimmy is in that Locker room and one of them really needs to go.