• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jimmy Butler wants out of Minnesota

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dieng has a role, but not with KAT.

They just don't work defensively.
well that and his contract is just really really really bad. I dont think Dieng is worthless- he is a guy that should be in some teams rotation- but he has negative value at this point with that awful contract.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggins is the kind of player that is going to hamstring an organization because he's just good enough to keep hoping he will step up but he probably never will.

Wiggins putting it all together is all I have!!!!!!!

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well that and his contract is just really really really bad. I dont think Dieng is worthless- he is a guy that should be in some teams rotation- but he has negative value at this point with that awful contract.

He was worth 2.5 VORP 3 straight years, before Thibs took over.

Under the right coach he can be valuable, even with that contract.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggins is only 23......he sitll have so much talent....he has great size, great athleticism.

I still think he is a guy i would take a chance on. It takes some guys longer than others. Dude is 6'8" and has the athleticism to do whatever he wants on a basketball court.

he needs to be more efficient and play better D- no doubt about it- but i think he can get there.

Will he? I have no clue. But there are so few players in the league that have as much talentas that guy.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sources: Heat pushing Wolves for Butler trade

i dunno.

In a way i think they are playing it smart- having the owner and coach basically be a good cop/bad cop. I think its just all about optics at this point.

From what i read the Bucks wont grade Middleton for him and the Heat have not offered either Richardson or Bam in a deal.

Why would the Bucks take Bledsoe or Dragic or Whiteside etc. for this guy? Those offers are awful.

Id rather take like Eric Gordon from the Rockets or Tobias Harris from the Clippers instead of old expensive guys on expiring contracts.

I have not seen a proposed offer from any team that would get me in the least bit excited if i was the twolves. I have not seen an offer that is even really grudgingly acceptable.

It's only Preseason. But,
Man, Tobias looked good against the Wolves last night.

So, they got a front row seat to see what he's about.

Problem is :

He's unrestricted next year and wants a huge payday.

So, the Wolves would get held hostage again next year.

I wouldn't do it if I'm Minny.

I'd probably go after Covington or Gordon.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggins is only 23......he sitll have so much talent....he has great size, great athleticism.

I still think he is a guy i would take a chance on. It takes some guys longer than others. Dude is 6'8" and has the athleticism to do whatever he wants on a basketball court.

he needs to be more efficient and play better D- no doubt about it- but i think he can get there.

Will he? I have no clue. But there are so few players in the league that have as much talentas that guy.
He's just too lackadaisical.

I just can't with that guy.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's only Preseason. But,
Man, Tobias looked good against the Wolves last night.

So, they got a front row seat to see what he's about.

Problem is :

He's unrestricted next year and wants a huge payday.

So, the Wolves would get held hostage again next year.

I wouldn't do it if I'm Minny.

I'd probably go after Covington or Gordon.
I agree on Harris

I am just saying it the choice was Bledsoe, Dragic or Harris- im taking Harris.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's just too lackadaisical.

I just can't with that guy.
i mostly agree with you

he is just interesting since the guy can get 20 so easily and has the size and athleticism that are just so important in todays league.

the guy is 6'8" with a monster wing span and crazy athleticism and can half-ass his way to 20 ppg.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on Harris

I am just saying it the choice was Bledsoe, Dragic or Harris- im taking Harris.

I saw 2 Heat scenarios, which means nothing...but...

1. Heat give up Dragic/Whiteside. I'd be okay with that.

2. Heat give up Bam, Richardson and a 1st round pick. I would def not do that.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw 2 Heat scenarios, which means nothing...but...

1. Heat give up Dragic/Whiteside. I'd be okay with that.

2. Heat give up Bam, Richardson and a 1st round pick. I would def not do that.
yah i def wouldnt do #2

but i have no clue why the Twolves would have even a smidgen of interest in scenario 1 either.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah i def wouldnt do #2

but i have no clue why the Twolves would have even a smidgen of interest in scenario 1 either.

Thibs wants to make the playoffs.

But he’d need to find a home for Teague and frankly whiteside.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He needs way more aggression than he has and I'm not sure he will ever get it.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thibs/Wolves playing this game of chicken with Butler.... :laugh:

I really don't think it matters in the end.... what's the worst that could happen? He bolts next summer? :noidea:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was worth 2.5 VORP 3 straight years, before Thibs took over.

Under the right coach he can be valuable, even with that contract.

VORP is a decent stat.

But, it seems like it is the ONLY stat you ever use to analyze and even rank players. It doesn't work like that. You need to look at other advanced stats and consider the players role on the team and their contract in order to determine their actual value.

Dieng is a really bad contract. He is a $5-6 million rotation guy making 14. There is no way to sugar coat that.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mostly agree with you

he is just interesting since the guy can get 20 so easily and has the size and athleticism that are just so important in todays league.

the guy is 6'8" with a monster wing span and crazy athleticism and can half-ass his way to 20 ppg.

It is interesting though.

Is he really that athletic?

Yes, he can jump out of the gym and he is super long. But when we are looking at his other traits, mostly his strength and his agility, he is probably closer to league average.

His work ethic has defintely hindered him, but this may also be a case where he was overrated from the start because his obvious athletic advantages caused people to overlook other athletic traits that frankly are just as important.

Overall Wiggins is an above average NBA athlete, but he is nowhere near the freak level he was made out to be entering the league. Maybe it is because he hasn't worked hard enough on his body, or maybe he was just a bit overrated from the jump.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is interesting though.

Is he really that athletic?

Yes, he can jump out of the gym and he is super long. But when we are looking at his other traits, mostly his strength and his agility, he is probably closer to league average.

His work ethic has defintely hindered him, but this may also be a case where he was overrated from the start because his obvious athletic advantages caused people to overlook other athletic traits that frankly are just as important.

Overall Wiggins is an above average NBA athlete, but he is nowhere near the freak level he was made out to be entering the league. Maybe it is because he hasn't worked hard enough on his body, or maybe he was just a bit overrated from the jump.

Interesting article on espn said he was also limited move wise and was overly predictable.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VORP is a decent stat.

But, it seems like it is the ONLY stat you ever use to analyze and even rank players. It doesn't work like that. You need to look at other advanced stats and consider the players role on the team and their contract in order to determine their actual value.

Dieng is a really bad contract. He is a $5-6 million rotation guy making 14. There is no way to sugar coat that.

It’s not the end all be all, but it’s a good measuring stick.

2.5 vorp is worth more than 13m.

He’s also been wort over 5 win shares during many of those years.

And is a plus on the court per bpm. But he is a bad fit with Townes. But a damn good defender in his own right

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Clippers aren't serious about trading for him.

Lmao @ them saying Harris is off limits.

They are trying to film flam the Wolves into taking Gallo so they can increase cap space.

No way Minny takes that deal.

Shit, I wouldn't take Tobias and SGA for Butler when you remember Harris turned down 20 mil per from the Clippers this Summer.

The Wolves would be stuck in the Mud with Wiggins, KAT, Harris on max deals....

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Clippers aren't serious about trading for him.

Lmao @ them saying Harris is off limits.

They are trying to film flam the Wolves into taking Gallo so they can increase cap space.

No way Minny takes that deal.

Shit, I wouldn't take Tobias and SGA for Butler when you remember Harris turned down 20 mil per from the Clippers this Summer.

The Wolves would be stuck in the Mud with Wiggins, KAT, Harris on max deals....

I’d trade Robertson, not sga.