• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jim-ME Butler = Chemistry killer...I told you so.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "level of stupid" is exactly how often you copy and paste the "level of stupid" line.

Perhaps if you didn't have so many incredibly stupid posts, I wouldn't need to copy and paste that line. As long as you continue to make stupid posts, I will continue to copy and paste that line to save time.

I could GUARANTEE you that Michael Jordan never conducted himself in practice toward an ENTIRE ORGANIZATION the way Jimmy Butler just did the other day.

Guess what genius...no one said he did (although, considering how he felt about Krause, he probably said plenty of negative things to him in private). All anyone said was that during practices, he treated his teammates far worse than Butler did. Your dumb ass then tried to claim that no one knows how he treated his teammates, despite the fact that there have been a multitude of confirmed stories re: how he treated them.

As if that wasn't stupid enough, you tried to claim that it somehow had something to do with Lebron.

That one is a fact.

What is truly a fact is that you, once again, made a fool of yourself with an idiotic post and then doubled down on stupid by trying to state a fact that no one has claimed.

So, once again, the level of stupid in your post was off the charts, even for you.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, you're off your game.

Sadly, he's not. That is his game. I've been trying to figure out for years why he bothers to post here. Apparently being a punching bag is his "thing".

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps if you didn't have so many incredibly stupid posts, I wouldn't need to copy and paste that line. As long as you continue to make stupid posts, I will continue to copy and paste that line to save time.

Guess what genius...no one said he did (although, considering how he felt about Krause, he probably said plenty of negative things to him in private). All anyone said was that during practices, he treated his teammates far worse than Butler did. Your dumb ass then tried to claim that no one knows how he treated his teammates, despite the fact that there have been a multitude of confirmed stories re: how he treated them.

As if that wasn't stupid enough, you tried to claim that it somehow had something to do with Lebron.

What is truly a fact is that you, once again, made a fool of yourself with an idiotic post and then doubled down on stupid by trying to state a fact that no one has claimed.

So, once again, the level of stupid in your post was off the charts, even for you.

Yeah. Bill Cartwright admittedly threatened to break both of Jordan's legs and end his career of MJ didn't ease up on him. Jordan was an absolutely ruthless teammate. Way worse than Butler as far as his treatment of teammates. Or at least worse than what was published this week about Butler's treatment of teammates.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Bill Cartwright admittedly threatened to break both of Jordan's legs and end his career of MJ didn't ease up on him. Jordan was an absolutely ruthless teammate. Way worse than Butler as far as his treatment of teammates. Or at least worse than what was published this week about Butler's treatment of teammates.

Yep. Heck, Kobe wasn't as bad as MJ and I've heard stories about him that are worse than what Butler did.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Todd is making a dick out of himself again?!?

68701145507b16871e5efdc57853e45d.gif

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you heard about the reports that the Heat and the Wolves had a deal in place for Josh Richardson, Dion Waiters and a protected first. After the team swapped medicals, Thibs calls Riley back and says he wants more picks. Riley called Thibs a "motherfucker" and hung up the phone on him.

LOL Thibs.

You could tell me any negative story about Thibs and I would believe it.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the issue with KAT is his work at practice. KG has vouched for his work ethic, and he does not say that stuff often. The issue is he does not step up and be a leader.

I personally dont think it is a negative, not everyone on the team needs to be a vocal leader, as long as they see him putting in the work.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could tell me any negative story about Thibs and I would believe it.

The one thing lost in all the commentary about what happened, is that none of it goes down unless Thibs endorses it and allows it. He wanted Butler to do what he did. Otherwise no chance Butler ends up scrimmaging against the starters with bench warmers as teammates.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, no. You missed the point. If they're immature & still need to grow he should understand that & try to reach them a different way. It's what professionals do when they're trying to "teach". This is one of the reasons I say Butler isn't quite a leader yet.
I have to agree with this. I've had a 19 year old college student living with me temporarily, and in have learned quickly not to expect certain things out of said 19 year olds. For that matter though, I've see a few 30 year olds that weren't mature. It takes time and patience to develop talent

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the people talking about Wiggins and KAT needing time and leadership to grow up/mature and develop their skills, believe me, I understand that argument.

That being said, let's look at the facts.

Andrew Wiggins - 23 years old, going on his 5th year in the league.
KAT - 22 years old (nearly 23), going on his 4th year in the league.

Both guys had the benefit of having Kevin Garnett's guidance for over a year playing with the team a few years ago.

The skills development matter is one thing, but at what point can we start considering grown men responsible for their own level of maturity aside from veteran leadership on the team? There are people with legitimate careers and even marriages/families by the age of 23 out there who manage to pull it off just fine. But these guys who are that same age and who have been in the NBA for 3+ seasons can't handle being mature enough to have a proper attitude/work ethic/whatever just for their basketball careers?

Back to their current skills/abilities demonstrated as players in the NBA - let's not forget that Wiggins had the hype of being viewed as basically the greatest prospect of an NBA draft since LeBron James when he first came into the league, and KAT was viewed as the next Tim Duncan. Neither Wiggins nor KAT have come anywhere near living up to the hype they had upon entering the league compared to what LeBron/Duncan did in the same time frames of their careers.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sure?

He got in fist fights with multiple teammates and he really disliked Jerry Krause. I bet he was far more disrespectful to Krause than Butler has ever been to anybody in Minnesota. Michael Jordan was not one to mince his words.

Back in '98, Jordan said he would consider playing again in '99 if the Bulls fired Krause and let Phil be GM. Pippen flat out said that he "hated" Krause.

The difference between Jordan and Butler is that he would save his harshest, most severe words for private meetings because he knew what a tirade like this would do to his public image.

And guess what...That's because Jordan had enough respect for his surroundings that he was able to keep in-house conflicts exactly where they should be - In house.

Bottom line is that anyone that says that Butler was "looking to light a fire under his team" because he "wants to win" is naive as fuck. It's the most overused cliche in the book.

Is there anyone currently in the NBA that wants to lose???

Oh, but of course - Embiid wanted to lose during the two years he was injured. :doh:

@CitySushi @trojanfan12

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly, he's not. That is his game. I've been trying to figure out for years why he bothers to post here. Apparently being a punching bag is his "thing".

And you making up stories about how I conduct my life outside the internet for the sole purpose of validating yourself is "your thing".

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The LeBron part was not the base of the argument. It was that the behind-the-scenes conflicts between Jordan and his teammates/management tend to become overblown at this day and age simply because he's "Michael Jordan".

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The LeBron part was not the base of the argument. It was that the behind-the-scenes conflicts between Jordan and his teammates/management tend to become overblown at this day and age simply because he's "Michael Jordan".

Exactly the opposite actually.

Media never wrote anything negative about Jordan until the Jordan Rules came out. That was in part because he did a good job inventing his public persona and keeping his dirt away from the public eye, but also part because he was so beloved that fans didn't want to hear it. They wanted to believe the fairy tale. The behind the scenes conflicts involving Jordan were always underreported.

And now, because so much time has passed and because Jordan's accomplishments were so amazing, these little anecdotes just become part of the mythology talking about what a great competitor Jordan was.

If he were playing in the social media age, then you would see how "overblown" this stuff would be. The myth of Jordan was always somewhat protected by the print media.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you making up stories about how I conduct my life outside the internet for the sole purpose of validating yourself is "your thing".

Get over yourself.

You're not nearly important enough to make up shit about.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And guess what...That's because Jordan had enough respect for his surroundings that he was able to keep in-house conflicts exactly where they should be - In house.

And guess what, that stuff was leaked by the team, not Butler. Also, in MJ's day, there wasn't social media like we have now, so it was much easier to keep stuff in house.

Bottom line is that anyone that says that Butler was "looking to light a fire under his team" because he "wants to win" is naive as fuck. It's the most overused cliche in the book.

Bottom line is that anyone who doesn't realize that this kind of thing happens at some point on every single team is naive as fuck. The only difference is that in this case, the team leaked it.

Oh, but of course - Embiid wanted to lose during the two years he was injured.

And who the fuck said that? Looks like you're making shit up again.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Then why include LeBron at all?

Any comparison between current players and past generations as far as media portrayal goes is apples to oranges. Because there is far more access to players today and by extension, more information available.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't even need to respond. @tlance covered it perfectly and showed why, once again, you're wrong.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is there anyone currently in the NBA that wants to lose???

Oh, but of course - Embiid wanted to lose during the two years he was injured. :doh:

@CitySushi @trojanfan12

Embiid is as competitive as any player in the league today. He didn't want to lose anything. The organization was overly cautious with him because they knew 2 things:

1) losing would help them secure a higher pick
2) risking setback to Embiid wasn't worth playing him when there was any doubt.

Throughout his first couple seasons, Embiid has routinely expressed frustration in the 6ers handling of him. He would play all 82 every year if it were his call and his body holds up.

Yet another example of you taking a shot at a player who doesn't deserve it. At least not for what you are criticizing him for.