• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jim-ME Butler = Chemistry killer...I told you so.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure it was insulting, I don't believe that management thought he would accept but they probably felt like they had to offer something. I wish someone would insult me with $110M lolzzz but yeah I don't have a problem with him turning that offer down but when he wanted to get his salary this year to $30M and then get the 4 year $145M and the Wolves said no only then did he lose it.

I wish someone would insult me like that too. But neither of us are star NBA players (well, I'm not anyway). But why make an offer that you know he won't accept? That makes no sense to me. It just wastes time.

Butler certainly isn't free of blame in any of this, but the Wolves are also not blameless.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish someone would insult me like that too. But neither of us are star NBA players (well, I'm not anyway). But why make an offer that you know he won't accept? That makes no sense to me. It just wastes time.

Butler certainly isn't free of blame in any of this, but the Wolves are also not blameless.

These guys are all so self-serving, be real. If the Wolves hadn't made the offer, he'd have been all "where's my love? They didn't even offer, so they must not want me..."

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors? lolzzz ... and it's not like Jerry is without question going to turn the Clippers into Champions.

Sometimes rumors turn out to be true.

Of course having The Logo isn't a guarantee that the Clippers will be champions. But considering his track record, I can see where a player might be willing to trust him and want to join that team.

I mean, we've already seen at least 2 other star players say they'd consider the Clips. With Butler, that makes 3 more than have ever said that in the Clips entire existence.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These guys are all so self-serving, be real. If the Wolves hadn't made the offer, he'd have been all "where's my love? They didn't even offer, so they must not want me..."

Not necessarily. They could have said..."Let's play out the season and we'll give you what you want this summer".

Also, we don't know how he would have reacted because the Wolves didn't do any of that.

What we do know is that the Wolves wasted time with a low ball offer they knew he wasn't going to accept.

They may not have anticipated that he'd lose his shit over it. But they knew he wasn't going to accept.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What we do know is that the Wolves wasted time with a low ball offer they knew he wasn't going to accept.

He called the meeting and made them meet him in CA!

In addition to that, it wasn't a lowball offer. It was the most they could offer per league rules.....outside of his RIDICULOUS request to re-do and extend his current contract.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's very clear he had no interest in this option.

Maybe.

Probably.

But we know for a fact that he wasn't interested in the option they presented him with and knew that before the offer was even made.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He called the meeting and made them meet him in CA!

In addition to that, it wasn't a lowball offer. It was the most they could offer per league rules.....outside of his RIDICULOUS request to re-do and extend his current contract.

That's just it though. Why not just say "Because of the CBA, we can't pay you what you want now unless we renegotiate your current deal. Let's revisit this after the season when we can pay you more."

If they do that and he reacts the way he did, then it's entirely 100% on him.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not care what the Wolves get in trade for Butler. Not paying Lavines contract makes the deal a win. Would have been better if Thibs knew how to draft. I take my victories where I can get em though.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not care what the Wolves get in trade for Butler. Not paying Lavines contract makes the deal a win. Would have been better if Thibs knew how to draft. I take my victories where I can get em though.

Have you heard about the reports that the Heat and the Wolves had a deal in place for Josh Richardson, Dion Waiters and a protected first. After the team swapped medicals, Thibs calls Riley back and says he wants more picks. Riley called Thibs a "motherfucker" and hung up the phone on him.

LOL Thibs.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you heard about the reports that the Heat and the Wolves had a deal in place for Josh Richardson, Dion Waiters and a protected first. After the team swapped medicals, Thibs calls Riley back and says he wants more picks. Riley called Thibs a "motherfucker" and hung up the phone on him.

LOL Thibs.

Well in all fairness he is a motherfucker so...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's very clear he had no interest in this option.

Not so sure.

It is clear he doesn't have any interest in this right now. But, when did all the Jimmy Butler madness start? You Minnesota people would know better than me, but I for one did not hear a word about Butler being unhappy until AFTER the extension offer.

The timing is important. Because I am sure Butler was frustrated with some of his teammates last year. But the tipping point for him most likely was when he was offered less $ than Wiggins who he perceives to be a waste of talent. At least that was when the Butler rumors started to swirl.

Had Minny simply waited and paid him in full, he might have been cool with it. And while he clearly cares about the money, I believe it is the respect issue which led him to say "F y'all, trade me".

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The level of stupid in this post is off the charts even for you. There have been stories for years about Jordan and how he conducted himself in practice.

And none of them have anything to do with Lebron.

The "level of stupid" is exactly how often you copy and paste the "level of stupid" line.

I could GUARANTEE you that Michael Jordan never conducted himself in practice toward an ENTIRE ORGANIZATION the way Jimmy Butler just did the other day.

That one is a fact.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so sure.

It is clear he doesn't have any interest in this right now. But, when did all the Jimmy Butler madness start? You Minnesota people would know better than me, but I for one did not hear a word about Butler being unhappy until AFTER the extension offer.

The timing is important. Because I am sure Butler was frustrated with some of his teammates last year. But the tipping point for him most likely was when he was offered less $ than Wiggins who he perceives to be a waste of talent. At least that was when the Butler rumors started to swirl.

Had Minny simply waited and paid him in full, he might have been cool with it. And while he clearly cares about the money, I believe it is the respect issue which led him to say "F y'all, trade me".

This started when he wanted the Wolves to restructure his contract before the season, he wanted this years salary at $30M and then 4 years and $145M when the Wolves said no the shit storm started.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can see his frustration when guys who have way more talent than he has, work 1/4 as hard. His words should actually hold more weight than guys like MJ and Kobe because you can see what you can accomplish by work ethic and mentality.

Do you know for a fact that Wiggins and Towns give one quarter effort at practice??? Do you watch them at practice personally? :scratch:

Or or you assuming this to be true because "Jimmy Butler said so"? In what way has Butler bribed you to give him the benefit of the doubt other than his own self-importance???

BTW if we're going to use Draymond Green as a role model does this mean you'd grab another man's crotch? :noidea:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "level of stupid" is exactly how often you copy and paste the "level of stupid" line.

I could GUARANTEE you that Michael Jordan never conducted himself in practice toward an ENTIRE ORGANIZATION the way Jimmy Butler just did the other day.

That one is a fact.

You sure?

He got in fist fights with multiple teammates and he really disliked Jerry Krause. I bet he was far more disrespectful to Krause than Butler has ever been to anybody in Minnesota. Michael Jordan was not one to mince his words.

Back in '98, Jordan said he would consider playing again in '99 if the Bulls fired Krause and let Phil be GM. Pippen flat out said that he "hated" Krause.

The difference between Jordan and Butler is that he would save his harshest, most severe words for private meetings because he knew what a tirade like this would do to his public image.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you know for a fact that Wiggins and Towns give one quarter effort at practice??? Do you watch them at practice personally? :scratch:

Or or you assuming this to be true because "Jimmy Butler said so"? In what way has Butler bribed you to give him the benefit of the doubt other than his own self-importance???

BTW if we're going to use Draymond Green as a role model does this mean you'd grab another man's crotch? :noidea:

Great insight as per usual. The 1/4 report is obviously just a fabricated number that most rational people could see. I could have thrown out 44.4% effort or 67.7%, but I used 1/4th to illustrate a point. You taking it as an actual fact is not surprising.

You can find reports back a year ago to how Thibs, NOT JUST JIMMY BUTLER, was concerned about Wiggins work ethic.

"Sources familiar with the situation told Sporting News that Butler is uncertain about playing with Wiggins — Butler had problems last season with Wiggins, his work ethic and his approach on the defensive end of the floor. Thibodeau has had similar problems with Wiggins in the past, too, and he had some hope that bringing a tough-minded veteran like Butler into the locker room would spur Wiggins to improve. It didn’t."

Report: Jimmy Butler “had problems” with Andrew Wiggins last season

Doesn't take much of a google search to look this up.

You ducked my response to your "how do you know what Jordan did in practice" as per usual when you're full of shit and do no research. But don't take my word for it because I wasn't physically at practice. Just Jordan HIMSELF, his teammates, many sources who have reported conflicts, all which are EASILY accessible on this thing we call the internet.

Seriously, you're off your game. Step it up and quit making it so easy for you to be a punching bag around here.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That one is a fact.

How can you guarantee it? WERE YOU AT HIS PRACTICES?

Not only is there a ton of resources and documentation about all his issues with teammates, front office, coaching staff, etc, but you're willing to go out on that limb despite Jordan telling a story himself of him punching Steve Kerr in the face? Or openly hating Jerry Krause? LOL.

You're such a joke.