• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jets In Need Of Change

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The season is becoming so frustrated in Winnipeg, even the Jets players believed some sort of a change is necessary to get them out of their funk.
Sitting last in the Central Division and third-last in the Western Conference, the Jets were expected to compete for a playoff spot this season.

Jets GM Kevin Cheveldayoff has been working the phones, trying to complete a major trade to shakeup the roster, but so far he's come up empty.

"It's the same thing over and over again," Jets captain Andrew Ladd told the Winnipeg Sun following Saturday's 6-4 loss to Dallas. "Obviously, something needs to change."
Jets right wing Blake Wheeler also voiced his aggravation with the season, to date.
"What I say doesn't matter," Wheeler told the Winnipeg Free Press.
"It's what you do out on the ice. You can blow smoke as much as you want in the media. We've been blowing smoke for three years, everyone, myself, everyone that's stood in front of a microphone in the last three years, we've said the same shit. What do you want me to say? That's about it. I don't know what else to say."
There has been talk over a possible coaching change, but the belief is that a roster move, or two, needs to be made.
Left wing Evander Kane's name has continuously popped up in the trade rumor mill, with the Philadelphia Flyers, New York Rangers and Montreal Canadiens showing interest, among others.
The Jets are believed to be asking for two top-six forwards and a top prospect and/or high draft pick in exchange for Kane, a price some consider significant.
It's unclear if Cheveldayoff is interesting in exploring moves for any other top-tier players, though the likes of Dustin Byfuglien and Ladd have been inquired about. Trade talks are expected to continue this week until the NHL's holiday roster freeze kicks in on Dec. 19.

The Fourth Period :: Winnipeg Jets :: Jets in need of change

This has Kane to the Rangers written all over it! Del Zotto and Brassard need a change of scenery.