• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jets hire Bowles

WB1214

Hoopla Cash
$ 802.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really wanted him in Atlanta, but hopefully now we get Quinn

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really sad but hopeful we get a good replacement here in PHX.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really wanted him in Atlanta, but hopefully now we get Quinn

Blank is being a little too diligent with so many opening out there, supposedly they liked Ryan, but personnel was a sticking point...no offer made...then Bowles was the next front runner but some concern about his OC, no offer made.

But they are putting the right spin on it, now the reports are Quinn was the best interview...maybe that truly is the case...there are reports out there saying Quinn wants the ATL job...I expect something next week because teams can reengage with playoff team coaching candidates during the off week leading up to the SB.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder has anybody ever done a look at the HC's of the NFL and how many defensive minded ones compared to offensive minded ones are in the NFL right now? So far it seems teams favor getting the defensive minded coach over the offensive minded...Raiders with Del Rio, Jets with Bowles, Bills with Ryan, San Fran with Tomsula, and it looks like the Falcons and the Broncos seem to be interviewing more guys with defensive backgrounds at this time.

See to me it is not that big of a deal to hire somebody to be the head coach that is the defensive minded type. The big issue is who do they hire to coach the offense. I mean look at the Patriots...BB is a defensive minded guy but actually in his time with the team the offense has been the more dominating side of the ball...yes it helps to have a HOF quarterback but they have had some good OC's that have gone on to have some success elsewhere.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder has anybody ever done a look at the HC's of the NFL and how many defensive minded ones compared to offensive minded ones are in the NFL right now? So far it seems teams favor getting the defensive minded coach over the offensive minded...Raiders with Del Rio, Jets with Bowles, Bills with Ryan, San Fran with Tomsula, and it looks like the Falcons and the Broncos seem to be interviewing more guys with defensive backgrounds at this time.

See to me it is not that big of a deal to hire somebody to be the head coach that is the defensive minded type. The big issue is who do they hire to coach the offense. I mean look at the Patriots...BB is a defensive minded guy but actually in his time with the team the offense has been the more dominating side of the ball...yes it helps to have a HOF quarterback but they have had some good OC's that have gone on to have some success elsewhere.

You know it's a copycat league, and teams are looking at the success of SEA and to some degree SF and wanting that stamp on their team.

NE...most from BB's coaching tree have largely failed as head coaches...not to take anything away from NE/BB...but the AFCE has basically been his kingdom...the Jets had a short run of success, but nearly every year the Pats have been at the dance....but their last SB win, they had a strong DEF.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know it's a copycat league, and teams are looking at the success of SEA and to some degree SF and wanting that stamp on their team.

NE...most from BB's coaching tree have largely failed as head coaches...not to take anything away from NE/BB...but the AFCE has basically been his kingdom...the Jets had a short run of success, but nearly every year the Pats have been at the dance....but their last SB win, they had a strong DEF.

The defensive side of things is why for the last 10 years the Patriots have fallen short of what they did in the early 2000's. I agree most have failed but I look at a guy like O'brien and he is doing pretty good for himself with his stint at Penn State and now with the Texans. McDaniels is one I think could still have some success in this league. The Broncos gave him wayyyyyyyy too much power from day 1. He did not know how to handle it all and just lost control.

Also I agree it is a copy cat league and teams are figuring out defense seems to be able to stay a bit more consistent throughout a season compared to the offensive side of things so it makes sense to build up the defense. Seattle has shown that quite a bit.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did someone say offense....

spurrier.jpg

Damn you, damn you to hell:gaah:

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like a lateral move to me. I suppose he cold hire a killer OFC, but without the parts to make the offense go what is that poor guy gonna do to help?