• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jesus H Christ!!!

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A month and a half ago I had Panzerwagon and had parked at the liquor store. Got my hooch and drove home.

It rained for a few days so I didn't drive it, and the next sunny day I washed it.

Then I noticed the license plate and frame were bent. Obviously when I'd been at the booze can somebody had backed or rolled back into me.

So I made a no fault claim with insurance and waited for repairs which occurred this week. Dropped it off Monday AM, picked her up Wednesday around 4 PM. I felt like I had the DTs from not being able to drive it for 3 days.

Got up Thursday, another sunny day, washed it up real pretty. Felt fine.

Today I had to go to the vets to pick up some meds for my cat Nimbus.

Everything is done outside now with COVID so I was standing there at the office door waiting for my meds as the guy who had just picked up a big bag of dog food was leaving. I turned to see him back up and realized he was going to hit Panzerwagon!! I yelled and waved my arms to no avail.

Bam!! His fucking spare tire hanging off the back nailed the tailgate.

I cursed a blue streak, jumped up and down, etc.

He was honourable, accepted fault, etc. He wanted to pay cash for the damage but it's going to run well past $3K so ICBC is going to handle it.

Fucked my Friday though.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fella was very sorry for his transgression.

He stopped by on Saturday with two 6 packs Carlsberg and 2 bottles of Oyster Bay Sauvignon Blanc.

Civilized bloke.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got phoned by the bodyshop.

I took Panzerwagon in yesterday (FINALLY!) to get the rear door fixed?

They have now decided it needs a whole new door. 4 weeks plus...

What seemed minor certainly wasn't.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So door came when I was on vacation. Car goes in Tuesday for the swap.

I got side windows tinted 2 weeks ago, the rear and far back blacked out, front windows lightly only (and any is illegal in BC).

When I get the door done and dusted, I'll go back and get the tailgate done too.

$400 for the entire tinting, including a 7 cm strip on the top of the windshield.

Works so well too. Huge difference on a hot day.

I'll do pics when the rear is done.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few years back, I swapped my Saturn for her Toyota because I retired and she needed a newer, more reliable car. While driving the Toyota to a favorite watering hole, it got hit in a parking lot right after I walked away. It was a dented fender, but still totally drivable.

I had the insurance guy look at it, and they gave me a check for just under the book value. Then, my daughter was visiting and said she was getting a new car and could we swap the cars back so she could sell the old one. We made the swap and I gave her the insurance check. She just sold the car, dent and all, and banked the check.

Sometimes, it's an ill wind that blows nobody good.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Panzerwagon is in the body shop yesterday first thing.

Today they phone again, "Can't get the wiper arm off the motor". Even with the correct tool.

Fucking hell...

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ordered another tool and it broke.

So they put it all back together again for me for the weekend.

Ordering a new wiper motor which arrives Monday.

Hopefully I'll be armed and dangerous on Tuesday.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The GF's Mimi-Cooper got hit by a rock off a truck today. It cracked the windshield and scratched some paint on the hood. She finally called an approved body shop a good half-hour away. She was on a very annoying robo-answer loop for half an hour. I guess the shop then closed for the day because she was connected to an answering service.

Why can't anybody even answer the damn phone anymore?

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got it back repaired finally. Total damage - $5300.

New tailgate and wiper motor included.

Sure glad it wasn't my nickel.

But it's now looking fine again.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having followed this, I salute you.

Thing was aside from 3 small indents and one crack, the door looked fine. Didn't leak, wiper worked.

Would have been somewhat less had they been able to get the wiper arm off the motor.

Steel shaft out of motor, aluminium bushing on outside.

The 2 metals reacted and welded together. Nothing was going to get them apart. And they had to re-use the glass.

Car went in first day, then they decided the door needed replacing.

5 weeks from Germany.

Went in again, couldn't get wiper off.

Put it back together so I could use it on the weekend.

Brought it back 8 AM this past Monday and finally got it yesterday afternoon.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waiting for a nice dry sunny day for photo updates.

Had all 4 wheels refinished today. $200 a pop.

They look fine! I've since changed the centre cap to black with the silver 3 point star.

20220415_133046.jpg

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple years ago I came out of work to find a nice big swirling key scratch through my rear passenger door. Body shop took care of it. Pearl red paint, so to blend it they basically had to repaint the whole right side and up into the roof, and they did a great job.

A few weeks go by and I'm at a get together, parked in the driveway. A friend has to leave early and ends up backing into the same door. He just pays me cash for the deductible and I get it in for a fix. I had moved so I went to a different shop of the same company. I let them know when I drop it off that all this paint is fresh. They replace the door and I get it back in a week or so.

So I go pick it up and as I look it over I notice some foggy spots along the roof line. Grab the manager and he brushes it off as not his problem. I immediately call my insurance and tell them not to pay off the job because those idiots lifted the paint from the metal when they ripped the tape off. Next morning that smug manager is suddenly calling and pretending he didn't know there was an issue.

Made them repaint the whole side and I enjoyed the free 2 week rental in the $80k Lexus SUV.

20210316_151753.jpg

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Modified Joe Pesci, 'They fuck you at the body shop!"

But if you work with them eventually it works out.

All my tribulations last summer with the rear door ended up getting me a free damn fine paint job on my Audi S4 on both front rocket panels and lower fender well edges. When I was commuting pre COVID the winter sand had blasted away everything covering the metal. But the body shop guy did me a big favour and let his recently returned painter apprentice practice on my car.

He did a great job. Cost me a 24 of beer.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A month and a half ago I had Panzerwagon and had parked at the liquor store. Got my hooch and drove home.

It rained for a few days so I didn't drive it, and the next sunny day I washed it.

Then I noticed the license plate and frame were bent. Obviously when I'd been at the booze can somebody had backed or rolled back into me.

So I made a no fault claim with insurance and waited for repairs which occurred this week. Dropped it off Monday AM, picked her up Wednesday around 4 PM. I felt like I had the DTs from not being able to drive it for 3 days.

Got up Thursday, another sunny day, washed it up real pretty. Felt fine.

Today I had to go to the vets to pick up some meds for my cat Nimbus.

Everything is done outside now with COVID so I was standing there at the office door waiting for my meds as the guy who had just picked up a big bag of dog food was leaving. I turned to see him back up and realized he was going to hit Panzerwagon!! I yelled and waved my arms to no avail.

Bam!! His fucking spare tire hanging off the back nailed the tailgate.

I cursed a blue streak, jumped up and down, etc.

He was honourable, accepted fault, etc. He wanted to pay cash for the damage but it's going to run well past $3K so ICBC is going to handle it.

Fucked my Friday though.
Reading the first part of this I expected you to describe how you suffered a life altering concussion.