• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jerry's bulletin board material

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see an issue. He sent out the rights to purchase playoff tickets to season ticket holders. They have first dibs if we do make the playoffs and if it's true Philly had issues trying to get playoff tickets out yo their fans this actually makes sense. Now if he opened playoff tickets to ALL fans right now that would be different. If a season ticket holder tried to purchase playoffs tickets now they would not be allowed to do so.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it just hit me kinda wrong like assuming that we would be in the playoffs after such a long drought. It makes sense business wise just seems presumptuous from the football side. But I bet it becomes common practice for all 32 teams very soon .

Just an observation that wont mean jack squat in the long run .

:suds:

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it just hit me kinda wrong like assuming that we would be in the playoffs after such a long drought. It makes sense business wise just seems presumptuous from the football side. But I bet it becomes common practice for all 32 teams very soon .

Just an observation that wont mean jack squat in the long run .

:suds:

If the story about Eagles tickets is real I too think this become common practice with all teams.

Well maybe not the Jags.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the story about Eagles tickets is real I too think this become common practice with all teams.

Well maybe not the Jags.

I think it will. Makes sense. Jerry's just ahead of the curve, business wise.

And lulz on the Jag comment...:thumb:

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well maybe not the Jags.

Ya know they are so bad you almost feel sorry for them but........

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well maybe not the Jags.

I'm sure there is a happy medium. Because one team has trouble doing it late doesn't mean we have to do it in August. It's just typical Jerry. How many other teams have sent them out already?

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure there is a happy medium. Because one team has trouble doing it late doesn't mean we have to do it in August. It's just typical Jerry. How many other teams have sent them out already?

Maybe I'm mistaken but don't the Chargers do the same thing?

2014 San Diego Chargers Season Tickets
The Season Ticket Members Advantage:

Option to purchase your same seat for home playoff games.

San Diego Chargers 2014 Season Ticket Members - Chargers.com

This is only NEWS because it's Jerry and the Cowboys. It also let's those who must bash Jerry ammo in their quivers.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure exactly what that link is to. Are you saying the Chargers already sent out playoff tickets?

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure exactly what that link is to. Are you saying the Chargers already sent out playoff tickets?

The link says Chargers season tickets holders have the option to purchase your same seat for home playoff games. In essence this is the same damn thing Jerry has done. Given season ticket holders the option to purchase your same seat for home playoff games.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, that's not the same. Don't most teams in every sport allow their season ticket holders to buy seats for the playoffs? I don't know what they do, but I always thought that was the case.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, that's not the same. Don't most teams in every sport allow their season ticket holders to buy seats for the playoffs? I don't know what they do, but I always thought that was the case.

This is exactly the same thing. The playoff tickets sent out will not be valid unless 1. If Dallas makes the playoffs, 2. If the fans who received the "playoff tickets" choose to pay for said tickets. In short the season ticket holders have first dibs at playoff tickets. Come on Jarntt you are smarter than this. Your problem is you let your hate of Jerry lead your thought process. Jerry and the Dallas leadership does plenty of stupid shit but this is no big deal.

Additionally for as bad as you see this the LEAGUE is now looking at it as being common practice.

"Brian Lafemina, the league's senior vice president of club business development, confirmed to ESPN.com that the Cowboys are the only team in the league that preprinted and sent out its playoff tickets to fans in advance this year, but he said he expects more teams to adopt this practice in the future.

"It's operationally efficient for the teams, and it's convenient for the fan," Lafemina said. "There are times when teams don't know if they are hosting a playoff game until a week before, and doing this helps eliminate some of the friction that exists among the teams and fans. This dovetails nicely with our new policy. If a fan says they will pay if a game is played, the team can now charge that fan and the ticket is already in hand."

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude. You argue about EVERYTHING. I don't know of any other team that sent out playoff tickets already. That is what is being discussed. Do most teams do that? Maybe they do, but I didn't think they did and whether they all do or not it's still stupid.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Brian Lafemina, the league's senior vice president of club business development, confirmed to ESPN.com that the Cowboys are the only team in the league that preprinted and sent out its playoff tickets to fans in advance this year, but he said he expects more teams to adopt this practice in the future

Only team. That is the discussion that has been going on. They are the ONLY team. Not sure what you can even argue, but whatever...

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only team. That is the discussion that has been going on. They are the ONLY team. Not sure what you can even argue, but whatever...

Yes I argue every thing and you blindly bashing a no big deal issue. I love how you quite sentence while ignoring the remainder of the paragraph. Did you fail to read the part where Lafemina said he expects more team to adopt the practice? Or where he said it fits nicely with the LEAGUES new policy. I admit Jerry can do some dumb shit but this isn't one of them. I will also admit my first thought was "Jerry's a F'N idiot". I then went and read for myself and understood what he was doing. You hate Jerry I understand, but you need to learn he does do some things right.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't give a crap. The discussion was that we are the ONLY team that does this. That is what I was discussing and that IS the case, right? I really have no idea what you are arguing. But the topic really isn't important enough for me to continue.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if you think I don't give Jerry credit for things at times you don't read my posts. Sorry, but Your comment on that is totally wrong.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't give a crap. The discussion was that we are the ONLY team that does this. That is what I was discussing and that IS the case, right? I really have no idea what you are arguing. But the topic really isn't important enough for me to continue.

How much difference is there in sending put tickets to season ticket holders to give them first shot at playoff tickets or putting it in season ticket holder bylaws that they get first shot at playoff tickets. By the sound of it it wasn't done just as a gimmick but to ensure ticket delays don't happen as it did with other teams.

Let's just agree to disagree.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerrah loves the media attn. Total idiocy