• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jerry Jones wins Exec of the year????

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One time listening to others does not change a pattern, R.J.

We'll see if he can keep it up.

We'll also see if he decides to keep Murray in the off season or he goes out and gets a high profile, drama type player. I've heard rumors of AP and Ray Rice.

Jerry is Jerry. And defending him is something that can easily blow up in my face.
I can be honest about that.

But can you? You talk about Jerry going out to get a drama player but would ever acknowledge when Jerry takes a risk and it pays off? There was this one troubled receiver he took a chance with.

Dez Bryant ...ever heard of him?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read this as executive of the year, not GM of the year and it seems some are arguing against him as GM only.

Those who know me know I've never been a fan of Jerry's and would love nothing better than him paying the salaries, sitting in his box and staying out of everything else. I won't get into all the issues I have with him, but they are many. That being said, forget about Jerry for a minute.

The Dallas Cowboys group of executives, coaches, scouts, etc deserved this award for the team they were able to put on the field this year and that includes the coaching changes, value FAs and draft picks. Do you think any one guy is the guy that finds, scouts and highlights every single player that is picked? It's a team effort and Jerry just happens to be further away from the scouting part of it than others (luckily for the Cowboys) The success of the new coaches works in favor of him getting this award, not against like someone seemed to assume earlier when saying the coaches should get the credit. Who hired the coaches?

So my point is that this is kind of a team award IMO and if you are giving it to the Cowboys, you have to hand it to Jerry for allowing others to persuade him to make the right decisions as he did have the final say. His tragic flaw has always been not only wanting to have a winning team, but wanting to be known as the reason why they were a winning team. So, maybe he changed a little or he would have taken Manziel like he wanted to.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read this as executive of the year, not GM of the year and it seems some are arguing against him as GM only.

Those who know me know I've never been a fan of Jerry's and would love nothing better than him paying the salaries, sitting in his box and staying out of everything else. I won't get into all the issues I have with him, but they are many. That being said, forget about Jerry for a minute.

The Dallas Cowboys group of executives, coaches, scouts, etc deserved this award for the team they were able to put on the field this year and that includes the coaching changes, value FAs and draft picks. Do you think any one guy is the guy that finds, scouts and highlights every single player that is picked? It's a team effort and Jerry just happens to be further away from the scouting part of it than others (luckily for the Cowboys) The success of the new coaches works in favor of him getting this award, not against like someone seemed to assume earlier when saying the coaches should get the credit. Who hired the coaches?

So my point is that this is kind of a team award IMO and if you are giving it to the Cowboys, you have to hand it to Jerry for allowing others to persuade him to make the right decisions as he did have the final say. His tragic flaw has always been not only wanting to have a winning team, but wanting to be known as the reason why they were a winning team. So, maybe he changed a little or he would have taken Manziel like he wanted to.

Good points. And I agree.

For the record, I've got no problems with JJ receiving the award. The Boys had a great season and JJ was most definitely a part of that.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One time listening to others does not change a pattern, R.J.

We'll see if he can keep it up.

We'll also see if he decides to keep Murray in the off season or he goes out and gets a high profile, drama type player. I've heard rumors of AP and Ray Rice.

Not sure where the Rice rumors are coming from, but I'm pretty sure it's not out of Dallas. Besides, he looked done in 2013. I don't think Dallas will be interested in an older, tarnished version of a player that looked done a couple of seasons ago.

Now while I think there may have been some intrigue in regards to AP, I have serious doubts regarding this scenario. If nothing else, his price tag combined with the amount of money Dallas has available, suggests to me that this is a fun rumor, but nothing more. Throw in his age/mileage, his tarnished image, and the fact that the Vikings could get a pick for him, and I don't think this is that sexy of an option for Dallas at all.

In reality, they're very likely to either franchise Murray, or they're going to try to sign him to a 4-year deal with the last couple of years being fairly expensive.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since he is under contract...I wonder if anyone checked with Minnesota before they have AP signing with other teams...

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, "he" put together a roster that was supposed to be terrible, but they ended up playing well? Shouldn't that mean that the coaches should be up for the awards, not the idiot who supposedly put together a terrible roster (at least defense)?

This. Linehan and Marinelli aren't getting as much credit as they deserve. But I guess I'm just a hater because I think Dallas' success this year wasn't completely due to Jerry Jones.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard the reason he won is because the other candidates were, "I would like to thank myself Elway", "win with class loser York", and "RG2 and a half will be great this season or I will fire another coach Schneider".

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. Linehan and Marinelli aren't getting as much credit as they deserve. But I guess I'm just a hater because I think Dallas' success this year wasn't completely due to Jerry Jones.

Jerry hired the coaches and drafted the players.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They both just signed 3 year contracts.

Call me crazy but that sounds like them getting credit to me.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys were not supposed to be that good.
Jerry passed on the sexy picks he usually jumps on and decided on building an offensive line. Even more feathers in his cap were allowing his best players on D to leave and becoming a better defense than when they were there. Made the right decision on keeping the coach, I think its well deserved.

As far as seattles GM not getting enough votes, who did he really get that made a difference over who they had? Got Harvin and dumped Harvin, when you are on top of the heap, its hard to see any improvement

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted for Cartman

Last edited by a moderator:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as seattles GM not getting enough votes, who did he really get that made a difference over who they had? Got Harvin and dumped Harvin, when you are on top of the heap, its hard to see any improvement

I don't care that Jones won it but you could argue that the Seahawks are on the best run of drafts since the Steelers of the 70s. The Cowboys were much better than anyone expected so it isn't that surprising to me that Jones wins this.

Guys he is directly responsible drafting.

Sherman(5th round), Chancellor(5th round), Wilson(3rd), Wagner(2nd), Maxwell(6th), Wright(5th), Baldwin(UDFA), Kearse(UDFA), plus a bunch of other significant contributors.

Brought Michael Bennett and Cliff Avril into the squad as well.

From a pure talent perspective it is hard to argue that there is a more talented team in football right now. And Schneider is not likely to ever win the award because the team was built over time. His best chance was 2012 but they gave it to Ryan Grigson for making the brilliant move of drafting Andrew Luck.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it true that Carroll is over Schneider in the organization?

I thought I heard something like that today

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, that's one way to look at it. Another way is to consider that it's been nearly 10 years since a defending SB champ even won a playoff game, and here we are with Seattle as the #1 seed and one more home win from going for the repeat. And maybe it isnt that we can't list out a bunch of players they've added to "improve" but they lost Tate, Red Bryant, Clemons, Thurmond, starting RT, and Clint McDonald, and still managed to avoid a drop off. Extended/re-signed stud defenders Michael Bennett, Cliff Avril, KJ Wright, Richard Sherman, and Earl Thomas. If that doesnt get you the award, then I guess he will never win it here. Lombardis will have to do.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry is getting up there in age and just built that stadium plus who knows how many hotel rooms,strippers he has provided after all if the Olympic people can be swayed by them for years and no one knew why not the NFL people.

Let him enjoy himself.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it true that Carroll is over Schneider in the organization?

I thought I heard something like that today

It has never been made very clear. They hired Schneider after Carroll and Carroll was involved in the hiring process.

Schneider is responsible for the draft but Carroll has final say on players from what I have read.