• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jerry Jones wins Exec of the year????

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here it is
Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones wants to be known as football man

Excerpt:
"When we were on the clock, I said, if we pick the other guy -- any other guy -- it would be a ticket to parity, more 8-8 seasons," Jones says. "The only way to break out is to gamble -- take a chance with that first pick, if you wanna dramatically improve your team. That's why I wanted Manziel, but I was the only guy who wanted him. I listened to everybody ... and I'm ... not ... happy ..."

That's why he got the award this year. He listened to the staff that was there to help him. The greatest leaders are those that surround themselves with the right people, and then listen to them.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm lost, why do seattle fans hang from the Cowboys sack so hard? I noticed this also back on the ESPN boards, but the seattle fans on here take it to another level. What's with this internet rivalry?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm lost, why do seattle fans hang from the Cowboys sack so hard? I noticed this also back on the ESPN boards, but the seattle fans on here take it to another level. What's with this internet rivalry?

In this case, they appear mad at Jerry jones when they should be mad at whomever won last year.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In this case, they appear mad at Jerry jones when they should be mad at whomever won last year.

Maybe they fear Jerry is finally onto something and the road is paved for success which will end the Seattle dynasty they think they have created.:noidea:

Reaper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious? What a joke!

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody hated Jerry more than i did, but the front office has done a great job rebuilding this roster. Brandon Carr is the only big free agent on this team, the rest of the team was built through the draft. That's why the "experts" predicted 5-11, this team was young and filled with unknown players. Well the players drafted paid off, and now Jerry looks like a fkn genius.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad he did not get Johnny Football like he wanted.

And THIS is why he had success this year.

Yes, he may have reached on a center by taking him #1 but he's been a great pick. Had he taken JF the team implodes.

Jerry actually regretted not taking him a couple months back, purely on ticket sales. He was mad that he listened to his son Stephen.

So this success he had this year has to be bitter-sweet to him. The 'Boys won a playoff game but it was someone else's pick that got them there.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, he may have reached on a center by taking him #1 but he's been a great pick. Had he taken JF the team implodes.

Jerry actually regretted not taking him a couple months back, purely on ticket sales. He was mad that he listened to his son Stephen.

So this success he had this year has to be bitter-sweet to him. The 'Boys won a playoff game but it was someone else's pick that got them there.

they took Fredericks in 2013. last year they took Zach Martin who wasn't a reach as he made the Pro Bowl.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schneider has done really well at this job, so now he's ineligible for receiving the award for doing really well at this job. Makes perfect sense.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Schneider could figure out how to get a decent reciever on his team maybe he'd have a shot at this award his fanbase so covets.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But I thought everybody was Jerry's puppet? Right? is that not what you clowns love to say?
I thought egomaniacs don't get influenced by other people.

I guess your changing your mind about Jerry.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*notes stream of writers exiting Jones's bang bus, nods*

*ponders*

*tries really hard to never think of what happens in there, especially when Christie is in there*

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I thought everybody was Jerry's puppet? Right? is that not what you clowns love to say?
I thought egomaniacs don't get influenced by other people.

I guess your changing your mind about Jerry.

One time listening to others does not change a pattern, R.J.

We'll see if he can keep it up.

We'll also see if he decides to keep Murray in the off season or he goes out and gets a high profile, drama type player. I've heard rumors of AP and Ray Rice.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Schneider could figure out how to get a decent reciever on his team maybe he'd have a shot at this award his fanbase so covets.

Schneider has done a decent job in Seattle.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same shit from Dallas haters.

Dallas does something bad, it's because of Jerry.
Dallas does something good, Jerry had no part in it.

As you were.

Actually, that sounds a lot like Dallas fans too.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Jerry can figure out a way to sign DeMarco Murray and Dez Bryant he might be excutive of the year.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IMO Schneider figured out quite a bit how to build a roster which brought Seattle a Lombardi Trophy last year.... may bring them another this year.

Personally I think Ozzie and Schneider are the 2 best GMs out there.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One time listening to others does not change a pattern, R.J.

We'll see if he can keep it up.

We'll also see if he decides to keep Murray in the off season or he goes out and gets a high profile, drama type player. I've heard rumors of AP and Ray Rice.

AP yes, but I haven't heard Rice's name mentioned anywhere.