• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jerry Jones wins Exec of the year????

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy who wanted to draft johnny football, and had to be told no by his son and others, is the exec of the year

That is bullshit... Jerry never wanted to draft Manziel but the rumors persist.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonderful. More fuel to fill his ego. Expect to see JJ even more up in the teams day to day activities. Just what the Cowboys need.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schneider's team was expected to be good this season but the Cowboys surprised the league with their stellar performance.

FIFY

Schneider's team was expected to be good these last few seasons but the Cowboys surprised the league the last few years with their steady underperformance and finally had 1 decent year this decade only to finish tied for the 8th place ribbon.
:lol:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO at all the other GM's out there.

If Jerry beat you, you suck!

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO at all the other GM's out there.

If Jerry beat you, you suck!

Personally, I find Pro Football Talk (NBC Sports) to be more reputable than CBS Sports. But that's just me. No bias at all. :whistle:

Check this link - PFT

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is bullshit... Jerry never wanted to draft Manziel but the rumors persist.

There is an interview floating around where Jerry talks about that. It wasn't just a rumor.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is an interview floating around where Jerry talks about that. It wasn't just a rumor.

Here it is
Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones wants to be known as football man

Excerpt:
"When we were on the clock, I said, if we pick the other guy -- any other guy -- it would be a ticket to parity, more 8-8 seasons," Jones says. "The only way to break out is to gamble -- take a chance with that first pick, if you wanna dramatically improve your team. That's why I wanted Manziel, but I was the only guy who wanted him. I listened to everybody ... and I'm ... not ... happy ..."

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before the season stated they were actually expected to be worse than previous years. They had the worst statistical defense in history if I remember correctly. He deserved the award.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before the season stated they were actually expected to be worse than previous years. They had the worst statistical defense in history if I remember correctly. He deserved the award.

So, "he" put together a roster that was supposed to be terrible, but they ended up playing well? Shouldn't that mean that the coaches should be up for the awards, not the idiot who supposedly put together a terrible roster (at least defense)?

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did he? I'm not sure how many actual football decisions he makes after the whole Johnny Football debacle.

Who knows how many football decisions he made before that pick?

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just like coach of the year. It doesn't usually go to the best coach of the season but the one that helped turn a team around the most. GM of the year falls in that same line of thought.

Martin Mayhew from the Detroit Lions should have gotten it over Jerry Jones then. Detroit beat Dallas in the playoffs. They just didn't beat Dallas and the officials.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here it is

Excerpt:
"When we were on the clock, I said, if we pick the other guy -- any other guy -- it would be a ticket to parity, more 8-8 seasons," Jones says. "The only way to break out is to gamble -- take a chance with that first pick, if you wanna dramatically improve your team. That's why I wanted Manziel, but I was the only guy who wanted him. I listened to everybody ... and I'm ... not ... happy ..."

hmmm silence now........lol

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here it is

Excerpt:

You have to be kidding me. A Redskin fan is chiming in. That is just pure gold.

Dan Snyder has turned the Redskins into what many believe is one of the most dysfunctional teams
in the NFL today. So in your desperation you need to validate a story that Jerry Jones was "thinking" about drafting Johnny Football.

That's it? Jerry was "thinking" about it?

Don't look know Cali ..but your agenda is showing.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like the Seattle fans are upset that their guy didn't get this award.

when you meet expectations you don't deserve a fucking award. that's why the Pats never win these things. Jerry pushed the right buttons this year.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here it is

Excerpt:

REALLY!?! At least someone saved Jerry from himself, but apparently nobody has been able to do that with Snyder.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did he? I'm not sure how many actual football decisions he makes after the whole Johnny Football debacle.

Same shit from Dallas haters.

Dallas does something bad, it's because of Jerry.
Dallas does something good, Jerry had no part in it.

As you were.