• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Jerry Dipoto vs Pete Carroll vs Chris Petersen

Who is most important to Seattle sports?

• Jerry Dipoto

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Pete Carroll

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • Chris Petersen

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is more important to Seattle sports?

We have Jerry Dipoto who took over with nothing in the cupboard and has completely changed the culture of Mariners baseball. Pete Carroll has taken us to two Superbowls and gave us our first Lombardi trophy. Meanwhile over in Montlake, the Huskies are back as the bullies of the Pac-12 and that's all thanks to Chris Petersen

If you could only keep two. Who would you start, bench and cut?

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends if you are thinking in terms of recent success (Pete) or someone that is trying to raise the sunken ship, the SS Mariner. I'll go with Jerry on this vote but all three deserve whatever accolades they recieve.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good question

Start Pete cause the Lombardi trophy is what all sports fans want for their city/team

Sit Chris for now. He has revived a program that was stuck in neutral and now has them as one of the top 10 teams in the country. Hopefully a Natty Championship is lurking around the corner very soon.

Cut JP. He's done a descent job but failed yesterday to address a major need and that was getting a starter in the rotation.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete Carroll and it's not even close...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it's turning out that signing Leblanc wasn't the smartest thing to do...

It was a question of when the wheels would fall off. He preformed better then I thought he would.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me Pete is the obvious choice but I'm going to start Chris Petersen if we're talking right now and what have you done for me lately

Petersen took over a program that was just getting out of the dark age of Husky football. And he has now established UW as a perennial national championship contender every year. The cupboard is stocked with talent now and I don't think it's a matter of if but WHEN we will win a national title.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean this was kind of a predictable poll given it's on the Seahawks board, the M's are tanking, and there are plenty of Hawks fans that are not only not Husky fans, but who despise them so why would Petersen be important to Seattle sports for them?

Given where the M's are still and where they seemingly will never break away from, Jerry's the one I'd cut.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if you go on the Mariner boards everyone hates Jerry and some think he should be fired that man should be up for GM of the year. I would say Pete because he did put the seattle seahawks on the map big time. We were awesome for a minute with mike holmgren, shaun alexander and matt hasselbeck and even though we went to a super bowl we didnt really have that dominate intimidating attitude until the LOB and Lynch were on the team. But the Mariners were a sunk ship with no prospects and a ton of large contracts and hold the longest playoff drought of all major sports. Baseball is the hardest sport to win IMO, Jerry has a 10x harder job than Pete. I give props to Peterson I remember when the huskies and cougars were lousy teams combining for 2-3 wins now they are in the playoffs facing alabama.