• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jeff Carter....typical

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jeff Carter has yet to speak with the Columbus Blue Jackets FO and is ignoring texts from his new teammates. THIS is the guy we got rid of the TRUE professional. A guy that is so heartbroken that he won't be able to hang with his buddies anymore that he'll spend the year sulking. GET OVER IT. You are a professional athlete and get paid pretty well to play a sport you love. Columbus needs players like you to build around and yet he's so shocked about being traded he's gone into hiding. This guy must be clueless, see ya later pal. Unfortunately for us, I see Richards having a career year this year without his drinking buddy bringing him down. Wish we could have seen Mike stay here his whole career (but i'm ok with the transaction). So to end my rant...GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS CARTER AND GROW UP!!!

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty childish for someone who is making millions to do something he loves.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
it is pathetic

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this is just a clue as to why he was traded. It was a personality change. One would expect that guys like Voracek, Simmonds, Schenn and Couturier would not pull shit like this.

Carter is just pissed off, but he needs to get past it and just grow up. He's 26 years old and it's time to be a man, finally. You have nobody but yourself to blame for the trade. Not only would we probably have a Cup right now, but you'd still be on the team for years to come if you had stepped your game up at all when it mattered.

What a fucking waste of talent.

Last edited by a moderator:

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry. Jeff Carter will love Columbus. Great town and plenty of bars and the nightlife will be fun for him. He's single and is right next to the largest university in the country The Ohio State. Plenty of young women for him. His drinking buddy will be forgotten soon. He and Nash will be the next dynamic duo. Great deal for both trams.

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
THis is the same guy who complained through his agent that he helped the Flyers by signing a 50 million dollar deal. And then they screwed him by signing him...

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol I had forgotten all about that PR.

Hey....if Carts wants to be a sulking little ****....so be it....he's their problem now.

It does kind of make you wonder just how big of a pussy he was in our locker room all of these years when things didn't go his way..

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be pissed also if I signed with a "home team discount" only to be shipped off. Unfortunately for him, its just too damn bad. He should have either signed a shorter deal of had a full NTC clause. He probably want to kill his agent right about now. Richards said the same thing. He would have never signed for so long had he know he would be leaving Philly. Funny how both players really loved it here but did not take that last sacrifice/step to stay. Good luck to both with their new times. Carter really needs to snap out of it and move along.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would be pissed also if I signed with a "home team discount" only to be shipped off. Unfortunately for him, its just too damn bad. He should have either signed a shorter deal of had a full NTC clause. He probably want to kill his agent right about now. Richards said the same thing. He would have never signed for so long had he know he would be leaving Philly. Funny how both players really loved it here but did not take that last sacrifice/step to stay. Good luck to both with their new times. Carter really needs to snap out of it and move along.

i honestly think that both players will be better without eachother, especially richards.

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And if he had acted like he deserved the "C" -- he would still be here. I don't think either of them can be too upset because their actions are directly responsible for their departures.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone needs to get off their nuts already. I personally feel this whole thing has been out of proportion by the god damn media who were all butt hurt that they could not get good interviews out of them. I don't think that anyone who watched every game can say that when healthy both these guys didn't give it 100%. Was that always god enough no. Was there the occasional off night? yes. Were their issues with the constant line juggling? yes. Do players play through injuries? yes.

My point it that there is a lot more behind these trades then "omg they're out partying again". Who the fuck cares really? For example I'm 28 years old and an engineer I go out to bars 4-5 times a week if I screw up my boss doesn't yell at me cause I'm drunk/hungover her yells at me because I'm not being as attentive to important designs)usually cause I'm reading these boards).

The fact that they partied means little, the coaching staff may just have decided that they have already peaked and there was a chance that if they made these trades they would vastly improve the organization.

/end rant

who wants a drink???

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone needs to get off their nuts already. I personally feel this whole thing has been out of proportion by the god damn media who were all butt hurt that they could not get good interviews out of them. I don't think that anyone who watched every game can say that when healthy both these guys didn't give it 100%. Was that always god enough no. Was there the occasional off night? yes. Were their issues with the constant line juggling? yes. Do players play through injuries? yes.

My point it that there is a lot more behind these trades then "omg they're out partying again". Who the fuck cares really? For example I'm 28 years old and an engineer I go out to bars 4-5 times a week if I screw up my boss doesn't yell at me cause I'm drunk/hungover her yells at me because I'm not being as attentive to important designs)usually cause I'm reading these boards).

The fact that they partied means little, the coaching staff may just have decided that they have already peaked and there was a chance that if they made these trades they would vastly improve the organization.

/end rant

who wants a drink???

Jameson?

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

/end rant

who wants a drink???

sorry man, you are completely off base here. that is exactly the problem IF that was the case. now we don't really know the story and if any of this partying bullshit is true. but to say that these 2 are not responsible to stay off the bottle and prepare for games like professional athletes is ludicrous. they both got paid over 5 million, coming to 'work' hungover should not be tolerated. using yourself as an example ha, i am an engineer too, i don't think that our level of sobriety should be compared to that of millionaire athletes. yes the media may have ran with this story a little too hard, but those 2 did nothing to stop them from it, and it shows a lack of maturity and i had higher hopes for both of them.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't think that our level of sobriety should be compared to that of millionaire athletes. yes the media may have ran with this story a little too hard, but those 2 did nothing to stop them from it, and it shows a lack of maturity and i had higher hopes for both of them.

Why not? Because they make more money? They are not supposed to have lives? That sounds like Communist Russia talking.

The Media overplayed any negative thing the could about those two, but guess what week in and week out they put people's asses in the seats insuring that the media members had job. Yea I'm sure they'd prefer Pronger who is all buddy buddy with them preparing for his next job as a hockey analyst or whatever the fuck he wants to be but there is no reason to give so much negative press branching from that fact that legal aged adults drink.

The vast majority of people are looking at this more as a moral issue and not a hockey issue. Were they expected to be better players? yes. Were they not because of their drinking? who the fuck knows.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why not? Because they make more money? They are not supposed to have lives? That sounds like Communist Russia talking.

The Media overplayed any negative thing the could about those two, but guess what week in and week out they put people's asses in the seats insuring that the media members had job. Yea I'm sure they'd prefer Pronger who is all buddy buddy with them preparing for his next job as a hockey analyst or whatever the fuck he wants to be but there is no reason to give so much negative press branching from that fact that legal aged adults drink.

The vast majority of people are looking at this more as a moral issue and not a hockey issue. Were they expected to be better players? yes. Were they not because of their drinking? who the fuck knows.

because my job does not individually generate millions of dollars on a daily basis and my company has invested pennies on me compared to the money sunk into jeff and mike. i am not saying they aren't allowed to have a good time, i never have, in fact i do think that the media ran with it. BUT are you that naive to think something wasn't up here? why the hell would the flyers deal these guys if they didn't believe the issues were past fixing. cause realistically the flyers don't do these deals, not with guys they brought up and gave contracts to.

TimKerrRules#12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The fucking media over blows everything, I put journos just a step above dog shit!!

Give Carts a break, and I wish him nothing but the best, and he will flourish with Nash and have a career year. Flyers score by commity, there, he is just about all they have.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My last words on this..

I'm not saying the guy doesn't deserve to be dejected and upset about the trade. I just think he should show some goddamn respect to the Columbus organization and act like a fucking professional.

or does acting with some professionalism only apply when things are exactly like he wants them?

pffft..

Good bye & good luck Jeff Carter.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My last words on this..

I'm not saying the guy doesn't deserve to be dejected and upset about the trade. I just think he should show some goddamn respect to the Columbus organization and act like a fucking professional.

or does acting with some professionalism only apply when things are exactly like he wants them?

pffft..

Good bye & good luck Jeff Carter.

Don't know the kid well. But from the little I've read on the subject, I agree 100% with you Toxy. I don't blame him for being shocked/saddened/upset.....but now Columbus is paying you a shit load of money.....at least get in touch with them.

Good post Toxy.