• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jean Segura Extension in the Works

T'N'T

L-I-V-I-N
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brewers to discuss possible extension for Jean Segura - JSOnline

The Brew Crew are working on an extension for Segura now and hopefully it gets done. Segura is a stud-in-the-making and he's going to get more expensive with each game. I like Melvin to get something long-term done soon and lock him up similar to what the Braves just did with Simmons.

Segura isn't eligible for arb until 2016 but he's going to be important part of the corps Melvin will build this team around, moving forward.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brewers to discuss possible extension for Jean Segura - JSOnline

The Brew Crew are working on an extension for Segura now and hopefully it gets done. Segura is a stud-in-the-making and he's going to get more expensive with each game. I like Melvin to get something long-term done soon and lock him up similar to what the Braves just did with Simmons.

Segura isn't eligible for arb until 2016 but he's going to be important part of the corps Melvin will build this team around, moving forward.

That would be great for the Brewers.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

T'N'T

L-I-V-I-N
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talks between the Brewers and Segura have been suspended again...fuck. Andrelton Simmons' contract jacked up the dollars expectation and now there's a significant gap between what player and team feel is an appropriate valuation.

I only hope something gets done before his arbitration years or the Brewers get smart and deal him for prospects of some value. We cannot afford this situation to go like 1B did.