• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jazz players have recovered.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they will push to finish the season because I am sure the league and the players union couldn't agree on what the salary should be for the players without a playoffs which is a huge source of their income so they are better off trying to finish it and move back next season.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they will push to finish the season because I am sure the league and the players union couldn't agree on what the salary should be for the players without a playoffs which is a huge source of their income so they are better off trying to finish it and move back next season.

Yeah, I've posted this on another thread.

The talk seems to be about finishing this season, perhaps as late as late August or September and then starting next season on Christmas Day.

I am hoping that happens and that they make the Christmas Day start permanent.

I think that would be huge for the league because they wouldn't be competing with football anymore.

Because of football, no one really starts paying close attention to the NBA until Christmas anyway. Basically, after the Super Bowl was over, their only competition would be baseball, which the NBA has already passed in popularity.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The talk seems to be about finishing this season, perhaps as late as late August or September and then starting next season on Christmas Day.

I think that would be huge for the league because they wouldn't be competing with football anymore.

Because of football, no one really starts paying close attention to the NBA until Christmas anyway. Basically, after the Super Bowl was over, their only competition would be baseball, which the NBA has already passed in popularity.
They can finish the season in three weeks - Start that in June and by Jul 1st, they can start the playoffs which would be done by the end of September. The would still have all of October and could add November and start in December and like you said - leave it that way - It's not that difficult

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,201.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can finish the season in three weeks - Start that in June and by Jul 1st, they can start the playoffs which would be done by the end of September. The would still have all of October and could add November and start in December and like you said - leave it that way - It's not that difficult

It will be interesting to see which team can get back in form the quickest. Does the long break favor or hurt the older players?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This why I should be Commissioner and you should be Assistant Commissioner. lol

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm guessing you guys would've approved the Chris Paul trade.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would take that job for the money :lol:, but it's not looking good - They just announced that the stay at home order in Los Angeles is going to be extended until the END OF JULY - I seriously doubt the NBA is going to visit any games period until the country nationwide is open unless they go to Las Vegas and do the games in one area - That would be the preferred way - but might be the only way they get the season finished. If they can't reopen the entire country to the NBA before August - I think this season is shot unless they finish it and start the new season late January

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see which team can get back in form the quickest. Does the long break favor or hurt the older players?
I think it helps the older players more - in some ways, but it still hurts in other ways - I as an older player will move slower. As a younger player, I can utilize more energy because I won't have to play the entire 82 games

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take that job for the money :lol:, but it's not looking good - They just announced that the stay at home order in Los Angeles is going to be extended until the END OF JULY - I seriously doubt the NBA is going to visit any games period until the country nationwide is open unless they go to Las Vegas and do the games in one area -

The most recent talk is 2 locations. One in Orlando and one in Vegas.

Hadn't heard anything about LA. I know that Riverside County has started loosening restrictions:

Masks are now strongly recommended instead of mandatory.
Social distancing is now "whenever and wherever possible".
Golf courses can re-open.

There are a couple of others, but I don't remember what they were.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most recent talk is 2 locations. One in Orlando and one in Vegas.

Hadn't heard anything about LA. I know that Riverside County has started loosening restrictions:

Masks are now strongly recommended instead of mandatory.
Social distancing is now "whenever and wherever possible".
Golf courses can re-open.

There are a couple of others, but I don't remember what they were.
At this point televised games in one area will be about the most practical way to do it.