• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Javonte Williams

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been a few weeks so I need to check in with @femurov, @Draft Crazy & even @TREFF on the Denver backfield... lol

I own both Gordon & Williams in my money league and I'm disappointed that neither has clearly separated for a clear #1. Because of injuries & bye I was close to needing to start both in my lineup this weekend, but luckily I scavenged Darrell Williams for this week. But I need to know which Denver RB to start along with him. What say ye?

This is tough but I will go with Williams as well. His volume has picked up a few notches and the fumble vs the Jets really hasn't hurt his touches. I think Williams has a little momentum from the last two games. I would probably roll with him but it is still nearly a coin toss at this point. Just seems like the past two weeks Denver has leaned a bit slightly more on Williams. Of course it comes down to really who gets the TD between these two which is anyone's guess but Williams is who I would take my chance on.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is tough but I will go with Williams as well. His volume has picked up a few notches and the fumble vs the Jets really hasn't hurt his touches. I think Williams has a little momentum from the last two games. I would probably roll with him but it is still nearly a coin toss at this point. Just seems like the past two weeks Denver has leaned a bit slightly more on Williams. Of course it comes down to really who gets the TD between these two which is anyone's guess but Williams is who I would take my chance on.
Do you think Williams' favored usage against PIT had something to do with Denver being cautious with Gordon's injury? Just worried that if Gordon isn't limited at all in practice this week that it goes right back to Gordon being favored... But this is why I ask you, and others closer to the situation because you have a better idea than my theories.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been a few weeks so I need to check in with @femurov, @Draft Crazy & even @TREFF on the Denver backfield... lol

I own both Gordon & Williams in my money league and I'm disappointed that neither has clearly separated for a clear #1. Because of injuries & bye I was close to needing to start both in my lineup this weekend, but luckily I scavenged Darrell Williams for this week. But I need to know which Denver RB to start along with him. What say ye?
I think he is slowly taking over, but not sure exactly where he is in that transition. With Gordon being banged up a little, I would think Williams has to be the start here. Their ceilings are pretty similar, but Gordon has a much lower floor, imo.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could. Melvin Gordon didn't practice Wed this week though. I don't think the injury is holding Denver back much from using him on gameday. He is basically on the same schedule as he was last week. The injury could play a small part in the favoring of Williams last week but a 100% healthy Gordon I think you are still going to see about the same workload as you have from Williams this week as the first few weeks. It is pretty much a coin flip but with the Gordon slight injury and volume last week I think the only thing you can really go off is that to be honest. I don't see Gordon getting way more volume then Williams in any real case other then having a very hot hand which is possible vs the Raiders. One could have the hot hand but I would expect about the same volume has it has been all year with basically flipping a coin between who gets a TD and who doesn't. Maybe both score maybe one scores twice. It is really hard to say. I think I just go with the fact Gordon didn't practice full this week and Williams seemed to have the higher volume last week. Not much else to go off sadly in this situation.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FaCe-LeE-uS , the local buzz from the radio shows I listen to, basically says the time share is likely to continue the entire season. Next year, everyone seems to be in agreement the Gordon will be elsewhere though.
I'm afraid the frustration and confusion will continue unless one or the other gets banged up and misses time. And that's not even taking into consideration the impending return of Mike Boone, who, while not a threat to their jobs overall, will get mixed in and be one more little added frustration.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he is slowly taking over, but not sure exactly where he is in that transition. With Gordon being banged up a little, I would think Williams has to be the start here. Their ceilings are pretty similar, but Gordon has a much lower floor, imo.

I have Williams in a couple leagues. The yards per carry over the last 2 weeks look great.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FaCe-LeE-uS , the local buzz from the radio shows I listen to, basically says the time share is likely to continue the entire season. Next year, everyone seems to be in agreement the Gordon will be elsewhere though.
I'm afraid the frustration and confusion will continue unless one or the other gets banged up and misses time. And that's not even taking into consideration the impending return of Mike Boone, who, while not a threat to their jobs overall, will get mixed in and be one more little added frustration.
Well thanks for adding some piss to the cheerios of discussion here...

lol

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I currently have Javonte in my lineup. Over Gordon, Damien Williams, Sanders and Collins.

Though I’m still unsure.
But if it’s just the two Broncos, Javonte all the way. Gordon is limited in practice.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well thanks for adding some piss to the cheerios of discussion here...

lol
its what I do

PS- if I were in your shoes, and forced to start one or the other, it would be Williams, he seems to be the more impressive, better play maker, even if Gordon does get the bigger share of touches any given day.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have an offer for my Javonte (and Gordon)

Owner is offering me Brandin Cooks (and Gainwell)

Standard.

This is a counter to my offers of Sanders for Cooks.

I’m thinking no, but not sure. How do we feel about Cooks moving forward?

RB: Henderson, Damien, Collins, Sanders, Dillon, Broncos duo
WR: Keenan, Ceedee, AB (Golladay and Sammy Watkins)

Week 7 Ceedee and Keenan on byes.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Standard.

thats a negative ghost rider for me. Cooks has been virtually worthless since the insertion of Davis Mills and Tyrod is still an unknown time frame to return. And when he does..how long does he last this time?? Poor dude cannot stay on the field.

I do like Gainwell..not more so than Williams though, and certainly not enough to make up for the WR vs RB chasm that exists between a decent RB and a decent WR

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its what I do

PS- if I were in your shoes, and forced to start one or the other, it would be Williams, he seems to be the more impressive, better play maker, even if Gordon does get the bigger share of touches any given day.
And its whats wes appreciates abouts ya.

Yea the ceiling is higher with Williams, but the volume is what I lose sleep over. Gordon has largely been the better play because of that. Hoping to see those trends change.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Standard.

I feel like Williams could be a guy who tears it up down the stretch. I would want a lot more for him. So do the guy in leagues that I am in that I have tried to pry him off of.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like Williams could be a guy who tears it up down the stretch. I would want a lot more for him. So do the guy in leagues that I am in that I have tried to pry him off of.

@TKOSpikes - I was thinking similar, don't feel like Cooks would be enough to pry Javonte away from me. Would angle for a better WR or just hold.

Dam Williams and Collins could be without roles again in a few short weeks, depleting the R2/3 depth you've built up in-season so far.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TKOSpikes - I was thinking similar, don't feel like Cooks would be enough to pry Javonte away from me. Would angle for a better WR or just hold.

Dam Williams and Collins could be without roles again in a few short weeks, depleting the R2/3 depth you've built up in-season so far.
This ^^^. I'm no Sanders fan so I'd trade him for pretty much anything I felt I needed - - and may be tempted to bite the bullet and do that deal in a ppr league - not standard. ....