• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Javonte WIlliams RB North Carolina Broncos 2nd Round Pick

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
19 TDs in 11 games played last year. Nearly 2 TDs a game. Really hope he can replicate that in Denver.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t go all stats with us, Mingo!

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean Monte Ball was known for TD’s as well. Let’s hope we get better results this time around though.

Ball had many, many more miles on him coming out of college than Williams. Williams will be on much fresher legs.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams and Ball are way different RB's- I know that isn't the point of that discussion. but I feel like Williams is one of those guys who is very safe at the RB position Not ready to call him the next Christian McCaffery like some are saying around the NFL. However, Williams will make all the Phillip Lindsay homers get over the loss rather quickly.

This guy is the real deal. As much of a fan as I am of Travis Etienne (just a personal favorite) this could very well end up the better pick. Even though I expect both to turn out very well in the NFL. Probably pretty similar too. Williams does everything you want a RB to do for you. He runs well, he runs over people, he catches the ball, he can block, vision, explosion. I feel very confident Williams and Surtain are going to play in the NFL for a very long time.

RB wasn't a position I was pounding the table for this draft but it surely makes sense. A position that we could have taken Round 2 or not at all.

This is a classic example of BPA that was too good to pass up at a position we surely can use some help at. We have the playmakers. Our D should be solid. Or OL is getting better... We are adding everything we need for a QB to be successful here. Obviously, a lot of developing to do here but we have the cookies in the cupboard.

I am not closing the door on Gordon coming back after this year. Not even really thinking about it.. As you all know I love Gordon but drafting Williams gives me pretty good satisfaction we have a good quality RB beyond the 2021 season. Now if Gordon leaves we need another depth RB but nothing to worry about at this point. I think both will have fantastic seasons for us.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mouth Off?
Of course! So @Draft Crazy and I have been making fun of each other's opinions for 25 years now. I have a great amount of respect for his knowledge base of football talent. He's right way more often than wrong about talent (unless you are talking about kickers - a part of the line up where he has no clue).

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You gotta admit though, I am great with long snappers.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wanted Williams and as much as a Buff homer PL fan this guy is a complete back with 416 college carries. I bet PL had 700 or more carries coming into NFL? Mingo will clarify on this

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not a particular fan of taking a rb early, especially when y have a competent one on your roster, that being said, this kid is a game changer. He will be the identity of this offense, like D Henry, D Cook, Elliott etc. I like this pick a lot. Jenkins was the only guy who I would’ve considered taking over him, and that is only because I have zero faith in James, and the value of the position

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wanted Williams and as much as a Buff homer PL fan this guy is a complete back with 416 college carries. I bet PL had 700 or more carries coming into NFL? Mingo will clarify on this
PL carried the ball more than 30 times a game - w/o an Oline for 3 years. LOL - It was a miracle he had anything in the tank.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PL carried the ball more than 30 times a game - w/o an Oline for 3 years. LOL - It was a miracle he had anything in the tank.
765 carries for Lindsay at CU

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not a particular fan of taking a rb early, especially when y have a competent one on your roster, that being said, this kid is a game changer. He will be the identity of this offense, like D Henry, D Cook, Elliott etc. I like this pick a lot. Jenkins was the only guy who I would’ve considered taking over him, and that is only because I have zero faith in James, and the value of the position
Maybe more like TD <salute>? Perhaps TD will lend #30 to Williams, too. Williams looks like “a football player”.